Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 08/08/16
  • Dead Island PS4 - After platting it I went and did all the DLC trophies, which were pretty easy but grindy.

Dead Island Riptide PS4 - Platted this one too.

Dead Star - Gave this a try. Free on PS+ this month. Meh, it seems OK, but I'm not in the mood for this type of game.

Furi - Another one free on PS+. I can't stand this game. It looks awful, the script and voice acting is just pitiful, and the gameplay is boring. It reminds me a bit of Nier in some ways, in that it can't decide if it wants to be a hack'n'slash or a shmup. Except Nier had other things going for it. Nothing about this grabbed me, it evoked a response more along the lines of "Yikes. Kill it! Kill it with fire!!!!"

Battleborn - Double XP this weekend and the new character became available for everyone, so I did some missions and got some levels.

Overwatch - Logged in to check out the Summer Games event. I like some of the new skins, but fuck playing the loot box lottery to get them.

Minecraft - Making giant pyramids.
  • Dark Souls 3 didn't start getting noticeably more difficult until around NG+3 or so imo. NG+ and NG++ will have items in different locations though, so there's reason to explore a bit.
  • What are you all still doing here?!?

Also I can't believe my login still worked

I haven't been able to play a video game in a meaningful capacity for the past 5-6 years, but hey anyways
    Noobied by 1sloth
  • Overwatch - Opened some Olympic loot boxes. Got a couple of new skins, almost everything I wanted actually.

Neverwinter - Started up a 2H sword swinging half orc and levelled up to 10. It's not bad.

Alienation - Played a few missions. I like it. If you liked Dead Nation or Helldivers give it a try.

Grim Fandango Remastered - Platted this over 2 days. I haven't played this game since school days (which was a long time ago) so it was a nice trip down memory lane. Monkey Island is still the best LucasArts game though.

Fallout 4 - I am enjoying the crap out of this. No crashing or chugging every 5 minutes, and a decent story! I haven't finished it yet, but that Institute twist was one you could see coming from miles away. I'm enjoying dicking around with crafting my weapons and upgrading power armor (even though I rarely use it). I'm mainly cosplaying with high charisma, stealth, and pistols. And I drag Valentine along for any computer terminals I come across. I don't give a toss about outposts and building settlements. Those guys can fend for themselves. There's a few weird things about the game that caught my attention, but overall I'm having a blast.
  • Clearly Flibble has been replaced by a synth. Saying nice things about Fallout, dead giveaway.
  • Just giving credit where it's due. I'm no fanboy and will call shit wherever I see it, but I don't see it here. If they went and did a HD re-release of Fallout 3 and New Vegas and they played as well as this one has for me, I'd snap them up. I was not a big fan of the plot in Fallout 3 or some design choices, but I rather liked New Vegas. The thing that killed them for me was how atrociously they ran.

Almost level 40 now, finished all the plot lines and a bunch of side stuff, and the game has crashed on me only once during all of this. No chug. No broken missions or other stupid game breaking crap. I'm actually shocked at how smooth the ride has been. Fallout 3 had me tearing my hair out by this stage. And having a decent (if fairly by the numbers) plot propped up by interesting characters has helped. Getting to fire up Liberty Prime again and watch him wreak havoc while spouting anti-Communist slogans had me gushing like a school girl.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week