No Mans Sky (PS4|PC)
  • I heard there will be a day one patch
  • I'm interested in it. It looks like a callback to the 60s and 70s sci-fi aesthetic, with a cool post-rock soundtrack. I hope it evokes a sense of wonder that the best open-world games do well. The sense of discovery and a real glimpse at imagination run amok when you find a new planet and a new species or what have you. If I get it it'll probably be on PC.
  • I watched some people on my friends list playing it. It looks like Inventory Management: The Game to me. Early days though, and I assume it will start getting more interesting later on. It reminds me a bit of Minecraft, only with more tedious inventory management and you don't have to build any houses. You don't starve, but you have to keep your life support going, and you seem to spend most of the game running around destroying shit for resources to craft gear.

It looks OK, but it's not blowing any socks off me. Definitely not GOTY material. I might get it when it has a price drop.

Also, I love how you "discover" occupied planets, complete with high tech indigenous inhabitants, space ports and landing pads, and just waiting for you to show up to start their interstellar trade ventures.
  • Honestly, this looks like there is very little worthwhile gameplay. Just novelty, with a retroactive attempt at developing some fun/gameplay. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think I will pick it up ever.
  • I'm hearing and reading that there is no development in this. You just keep blasting shit, crafting shift, and that's it. I was kinda hoping it was going to be like Minecraft, with a lot of hidden depth, but nope. Seems like this one is just a turd wrapped around a gimmicky algorithm.

See you in the $5 bin!
  • @Dr Flibble As I feared :(
  • Keep feeling more iffy about this one. Apparently the developer lied about a lot of stuff.
  • I question some of the upcoming things they're going to implement, too. They say they're going to add base building, but what is the point of plopping down a base if you're supposed to be going planet to planet and exploring the cosmos? Seems like a good way to motivate the type of stationary gameplay they don't want.
  • I'm done, the games vastness I think has passed. I still want to get to the centre but I don't actually think I can be arsed any more. What a shame.
  • I watched the ending on YouTube. It does indeed suck. It's one of the worst endings I've ever seen.
  • I was never very attracted to this game. I did not dig Don't Starve, and this always looked like a giant version to me. Sad that it is huge and shallow.
  • @Dr Flibble Wow I didn't realise how many outright lies that dev made, I haven't really been following it as I suspected it would probably be flawed. But not to this level. Gees, I feel sorry for people who preordered this game based on what was promised. Glad I stayed away, but Joe makes some good suggestions as to improving the game which would probably make it appealing to me. First they need to get their shit together with all the crashes and glitches, maybe put out a finished game for $60. I can see why they didn't send out any review code...
  • Sales dropped more than eighty percent in one week. The word is out and the word is poop.
  • Bargain bin trophy game! :P

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week