Forza 4 : Noobtoob Army Division
  • [CENTER]Forza 4: NooBTooB Army Division

Where: NooBTooB.com / Xbox Live
    When: Endless
    Participants:

Intro
    I've decided to create this thread to breathe some life back into the game here on NooBTooB and hopefully try to get people to play together again. However, the NooBTooB division will have a little tweaks to make the experience more enjoyable for all, and not so everyone busts out the Bugatti during races. Everything needs to be fair so pay attention to the details below to make the experience for yourself, and fun for everyone else participating. Remember, this is for fun and who cares if you blow at the races, the joy of gaming with friends is just that. Gaming with friends!

Details
    The division will be split up into two sub-groups, meaning there's two different styles we will use, and play in the NooBToob Army Division. Each sub-group will allow you to use one of your custom cars, but cannot use that car for any other sub-group. The two main sub-groups we will be tackling for this division are Drag Racing, and Standard Races. You may enter ONE car only for each sub-group, and you may swap out your vehicles with a week's notice, this means people must know your swapping out your car for another.

Drag Racing Sub-Group
    The Drag Racing Group will consist of the 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, and 1 mile races. You may submit one car for this sub-group, and there are restrictions for the drag races to keep it fair, and try to keep it fairly even for everyone else in this group.

- Cars must be customized, no stock cars.
    - No playing dirty (ramming other cars, cutting off people,etc) this will result in a low score for the week, even if you won.
    - Customized cars must be considered a muscle car, or a classic car. Only vehicles from the 70s-80s will be permitted for this group. That means your car can be from
    1970-1989.
    - At the end of the week the total scores will be uploaded and a leaderboard type deal will be put up on this thread.

Standard Racing Sub-Group
    - Custom Cars only
    - Restricted Cars include: Bugatti vehicles, Lamborghini vehicles
    - Each race will consist of 3 laps, and be 1on1.
    - The winner of each race gets 1 NT point, and whomever holds the most NT Points by the end of the week is on the top of the Leaderboard on this thread.
    - Playing dirty is allowed (ramming vehicles, cutting off, etc.)
    - Turning assists, and damage must affect your vehicles.

Sign-Up/Submission Form
    Forum Handle:
    Xbox Live Gamertag:
    Drag Racing Car Model:
    Standard Racing Car Model:
    Images of Each Car: (If you have pictures of each car, that would be nice)

To get an image of your car, take a picture of it in-game and upload it to the Forza Motorsports website. Then, save the image and upload it to your favorite image hosting website and put it onto this thread.
    [/CENTER]
  • This sounds pretty neat, but I've just got a few questions for how this actually works out.
    • When well these events actually take place & what kind of schedule are we looking at? Is it just a sort of free-form, take on your rival when the both of you have time scenario, or full fledged tournies on specific days?
    • Are there any vehicle class restrictions? You've got 1970-1989 for the muscle cars so that'll limit the choices pretty heavily, but what class level should we be working towards?
    • Same thing with the Racing sub-group; what class are we tuning to?
    • By "Turning assists, and damage must affect your vehicles." do you mean having ABS, TCS and STM turned completely off?
  • Hi Manio, great to see more love for FM4 in these parts, count me in for whatever you've got planned. I'd echo Winsord's question though - what class are we tuning to? When are we racing? Is it going to be a rival mode-style thing?

Also, for those who are also passionate about all things Forza, perhaps you'd like to check out my Paint Competition not two threads below this one. Prizes have been offered!
  • I really don't know much about cars, so you guys decide it for me haha. I'd need some help deciding.
  • I'm not into the multi thing generally but I'm willing to try. Sounds like it could be fun :)

My only suggestion is to have a low-class, stripped down or stock car/no mods race event in there somewhere as well. I have no cars for the standard racing so I think that doing this would be a good thing to get more folks involved. Tuning is awesome but sometimes I think people just wanna go fast!! :D

I am in for the drag racing though... just have to figure out which Pontiac unicorn I'm going to bring in for battle:

Sign-Up/Submission Form
    Forum Handle: Tallchick
    Xbox Live Gamertag: d4ftgmr
    Drag Racing Car Model: Pontiac (model TBD)
    Standard Racing Car Model: n/a
    Images of Each Car: working on it.

So you're aware, I'm not around next week due to March Break but I'll be back the 10th or so.
  • It all depends what everyone would rather have - a single event where we all get together and race each other on line (tonnes of fun, shit talking, multiple race types available), or a rolling time-attack challenge like my old 'x is faster than you' thread (waaaaay easier to organise, lots of different formulas available, can keep going for months, different people can oversee it if one person's not about for a few days etc etc.).

Hang on, just re-read the OP - are you suggesting a 1-on-1 knockout competition? I hadn't thought of that, but that might also work if people will be able to organise being online at the same time...
  • Littleg said:
    It all depends what everyone would rather have - a single event where we all get together and race each other on line (tonnes of fun, shit talking, multiple race types available), or a rolling time-attack challenge like my old 'x is faster than you' thread (waaaaay easier to organise, lots of different formulas available, can keep going for months, different people can oversee it if one person's not about for a few days etc etc.).

I would support either of those ideas. Impromptu 'all right, this friday night at x o'clock, class D 350 8 cars at a time in first heat, top 2 from each race advance' or something simple like that.

then for something longterm a time-based thread seems to be a good way to go and SUPER easy to organize.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

• Joker

commented on: 6 days ago