Top 5 underrratted Video Games
  • These arnt in any order but:

Boom Blox: Amazing fun and lots of replayability.

No More Heroes: A great game nobody bought.

Crackdown: It only sold because of the halo 3 beta.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2: Great online for people wiithout xbox live.

Ratchet and Clank future tools of destruction: A great game that sold little.

Post your opinions. Id love to here them.
  • Good list mine is:

Crackdown - So underated best snadbox game ever made, yes better than any GTA

MGS3 - Just as good as MGS2 but because it was not [spoiler:52c24320a5]solid snake [/spoiler:52c24320a5] again it tanked

Sports Games(Genre) - Ever single sports game is written off every year to be just updated stats while games like ESPN 2K series really worked at it, there are a lot of sports games that don't try (I am looking at you madden) but the ones that do should get more recognition

FF8 compared to FF7 - They are very similar games and even while FF8 has AMAZING cutscenes it recives no where near the fanbase I don't get it.

Saints Row - Very good game in many cases a lot better than GTA4 but gets looked at like the cheap back alley whore sister of GTA
  • I can only remember two right now.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - An amazing game with quirky art style, and fun gameplay reminiscent of a old-fashoned point and click adventure/puzzler such as Grim Fandango. A amazing game but did poorly in terms of sales.

Crackdown - Over shadowed by the Halo 3 beta when it came out in February of 07'. Many didn't notice the slick cel-shaded graphics and fun addicting gameplay of Crackdown. Quite a shame indeed.
  • SpitShine said:
    I can only remember two right now.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - An amazing game with quirky art style, and fun gameplay reminiscent of a old-fashoned point and click adventure/puzzler such as Grim Fandango. A amazing game but did poorly in terms of sales.

Crackdown - Over shadowed by the Halo 3 beta when it came out in February of 07'. Many didn't notice the slick cel-shaded graphics and fun addicting gameplay of Crackdown. Quite a shame indeed.

I also liked zack and wiki. Nobody bought it though. I hated the voice overs though. So fucking annoying.
  • Hang on if lots of people think crackdown is underated then it isint underated -head implodes-
  • I always thought Bards Tale deserved more attention. Its an action-adventure rpg with a purposefully typical storyline that makes fun of itself and has frequent funny rants between the narrator and the bard character(you) It has its little glitches and wasn't really all that difficult, but if you are into corny crude humor and games to make the time pass with ease you should definitely check it out. Made for PS2 and Xbox, put on PC in '05 ;)
  • Is this of all time?

1. Suikoden, mainly II. ...Best, game, evar.
    2. EarthBound/Mother 2. Second best, game, evar.

...I can't really think of any others. Those two games are totally awesome though, and aside from a small, very dedicated fanbase, not many people care about them or even know they exist.
  • The Neverhood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Neverhood

Should be in the RGC. One of the best games I have ever played, and will hold close to my heart forever. I remember spending hours and hours on end, collecting the video tapes, solving all the puzzles, being challenged by a game.
  • Revolution X for the PS1, sweet arcade style shooter. Have probably played it several hundreds of times.
  • The bouncer on ps2. Pure beat-em-up awesomeness!
  • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem deserves more than it got great game, scary as hell too.
  • one word:

Psychonauts
  • Lets see, off the top of my head:

I feel that The Tales series isn't very well known- Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss are awsome games in my book. Plus Tales of Vesperia is out in about a month. Dont sleep on that.
  • agree with ff8 compared to ff7...ff8 was an amazing game...

DMC2 i think its under rated becuase some people seem to have disowned this from the DMC series although i dont know why..i though it was a good game

Enchanted arms..why anyone thought this was a realy bad attempt at an rpg is beyond my understanding...yeah sure it had some crappy excuses for cutscenes,some of the voice acting was stupid but the game was actualy pretty damn good and kept me playing till the end...no one plays online but its still a great game
  • Crymzen, thanks for that. I knkow that DMC2 was definately the weakest link in the series, but it wasn't THAT bad. ^_^

Though, honestly I think I may know a game that is probably not underrated... but only because it's not "rated" at all... because you need to play it first. Does everyone remember Soul Blazer from SNES? Good. I know a few of you must but not all. How about Illusion of Gaia? That ones probably more recognized.

But I'm pretty srue you didn't know about the thrid Enix real time RPG called Terranigma. Actually, I think those three games were part of a trilogy or a series or something... But yeah, Terranigma is a wonderful SNES RPG, and if you haven't played it and like Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia... you are missing out.
  • rise of nations: rise of legends for the pc,
    realy fun and it seems like nobody bought it
  • Mafia.
    It seems to me as if no one has actually played this game (maybe im wrong?!), but it is so freakin good. Still one of my all time favourites.
    It wasnt really underated. It got outstanding reviews. Sales were poor, though. (As far as I know)
    Oh and im talking about the original PC version not the console version that came out later.
  • earthbound AKA best game of all time

then ICO

and MGS2(omg you dont play as snake freak out)

and boom blox

and folklore(shit is fantastic)

this is just what i can think of right now
  • No More Heroes

KiIler 7

Psychonauts

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Shadow of The Colossus

One more just for fun, Beyond Good & Evil

Oh wait, the 2 Condemned games.

So that makes it 8.

sorry, but then again who cares?
  • Brave Fencer Musashi
    Steambot Chronicles
    Psychonauts
    Threads of Fate
    Dual Hearts
  • Tsuyoi said:
    The Neverhood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Neverhood

Should be in the RGC. One of the best games I have ever played, and will hold close to my heart forever. I remember spending hours and hours on end, collecting the video tapes, solving all the puzzles, being challenged by a game.

dude, that game was so awesome i remember playing this game when i was like 8 or 9
  • you guys must play psychonauts!!!

This game is the bomb, I cant stress enough to at least try this out.

Also, I never got into crackdown, I tried the demo and all, hmm I guess I dont really like sandbox games. I get bored of gta4 easy
  • Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Psychonauts

Beyond Good & Evil

Final Fantasy 8

Shadow off the Colossus

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

• Joker

commented on: 6 days ago