Best Xbox 360 Game of the Year
  • The 360. Love it or hate it, many quality games were released in 2008 for Microsoft's system. Which one stands head and shoulders above the rest?

[center:12713970e7]image[/center:12713970e7]

Gears of War 2
    Release: Nov 7, 2008
    Genre: Sci-Fi Shooter

Marcus Fenix returns to battle the Locust horde in this sequel to the Xbox 360's exclusive and mega-successful tactical shooter.

Fable 2
    Release: Oct 21, 2008
    Genre: Action Role-Playing

The Fable franchise continues with its distinct brand of evolving RPG gameplay.

Burnout Paradise
    Release: Jan 22, 2008
    Genre: Racing

Burnout Paradise gives racers an open world to drive, race and crash through.

Grand Theft Auto 4
    Release: Apr 29, 2008
    Genre: Modern Action Adventure

Grand Theft Auto IV builds on the series' rock solid foundation with an awe inspiring recreation of Liberty City.

Fallout 3
    Release: Oct 28, 2008
    Genre: Role-Playing

Fallout 3 is a follow-up to the classic post-apocalyptic role-playing series with all-new 3D graphics, new gameplay, and a brand-new story.

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
    Release: Sep 2, 2008
    Genre: Virtual Life

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise takes you back to the garden with a whole host of new plants and other attendant joys.

Dead Space
    Release: Oct 13, 2008
    Genre: Sci-Fi Shooter

Dead Space is a survival-horror game in which you must explore terrifying environments and battle disgusting monstrosities.

Saint's Row 2
    Release: Oct 14, 2008
    Genre: Modern Action Adventure

The sequel to Saints Row will bring open world thug-driven action to the 360, PS3, and PC.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
    Release: Nov 12, 2008
    Genre: 3D Platformer

The Banjo-Kazooie franchise comes to the Xbox 360, courtesy of Rare Ltd.

Mirror's Edge
    Release: Nov 11, 2008
    Genre: Modern First-Person Shooter

EA DICE's new first-person action adventure game will allow you to move in ways never before seen in a first-person game.

Left 4 Dead
    Release: Nov 17, 2008
    Genre: Sci-Fi First-Person Shooter

Using the Counter-Strike Source Engine, Left 4 Dead has a group of four unlikely heroes band together to battle hordes of infected.
  • This was such a hard choice to make, but I went with Gears of War 2, because of the amazing campaign, and the hours I had playing multiplayer with everyone here on noobtoob was so much fun.
  • I throw away my vote and sulk in the corner wishing Lost Odyssey was up there :(
  • Dead Space is my pick for best Single Player if there was such a category.

So with that fact, my initial vote goes to Gears of War 2. It brough back a great game, with new and amazing improvements, like being able to move while downed, and new features like sticking grenades to walls. Those small fixes, along with Horde Mode, and expanded Live mode allowing for more players, mixed in with new characters, weapons, and more; this game is my pick for 2008.
  • Gears 2 for me. I wasn't the biggest fan of Gears 1 multiplayer, but Gears 2 fixed everything I didn't like about it and has made it a must keep for me. Saints Row 2 is up there in my personal top 10 of the year and I'm glad that it got the recognition it deserves here.
  • It seems like an odd choice, but Burnout gets my vote. 1, I'm a huge Burnout fan; 2, there's just so much stuff to do. i got this game in November and I'm still not bored. 3, FUCKWIN SOUNDTRACK. BURNOUT 2 THEME FUCK YEAR
  • actualy my choice if there wasnt a list already.....would have been rockband2
  • Gameshark said:
    I throw away my vote and sulk in the corner wishing Lost Odyssey was up there :(

You still woulda thrown your vote away had it been up there... :roll:
  • quahgg said:
    [quote=Gameshark]I throw away my vote and sulk in the corner wishing Lost Odyssey was up there :(

You still woulda thrown your vote away had it been up there... :roll:[/quote]

But c'mon, Banjo Kazooie?? Even Mirror's Edge? You gotta be shittin me. Take those steamers out and put Lost Odyssey up there. It won't win, but at least it wouldn't look as strange. :P
  • Fallout 3 was the best game i think ive never had that much fun, its hands down the best RPG ive ever played
  • No Rock Band 2? :(

I'll keep an eye out for a "Best music thread", I guess.

And Quahgg, I think you said so yourself that Mirrors Edge is a terrible game.

And Banjo-Kazooie? And Tomb Raider? There's better games than those, that came out this year.
  • Even though I own it on the PS3 instead of the 360, I have to choose burnout. It wasn't in PS3 so I thought I'd take a look here. I had an amazing time playing through it, and I'm anxiously awaiting the DLC coming next year. This and Mario Kart are the only driving games I enjoy, and for good reason. Well done Criterion.
  • quahgg said:
    Wow all this bitching. :?

Guess that will teach us to spend our time trying to present you guys with something to do and participate in. I love that you all have one problem with a game or 2 games. Like as if we were magically going to list games and match EVERY SINGLE PERSON.

"YUP! Those are the games I woulda picked!"

Good for you. Seriously, Now if you get manage a membership of 3000+ people play most of the games up there thoroughly and find the time to not only narrow down a list, but present it well than you could just start your own forum couldn't ya?

The people that worked on this, worked on it hard and tried to cover it all. If they missed something, well... deal with it. If you happenedto be a moderator here... WHY DIDN'T YOU FUCKING SAY ANYTHING FOR THE WEEK IT WAS SITTING THERE?

Your all lucky I'm not the sole person in charge, because I would pack this show up and tell you all to piss off. Luckily I didn't have much of a part in it so I wouldn't dare make that call since other people worked hard on it.

Oh and btw, I didn't suggest games except the PS3. Even if I had suggested games here, do you think I would have suggested Mirror's Edge?

Yeah, that's what you guys get!

Sorry.. what?

I wouldn't call it bitching Quahgg, I'd call it a bad choice of games on whoever-picked-these-games part. If I had spent a good 50 hours playing a game like Rock Band 2 and bought over 50-60 songs for it via DLC, and not see it up in the best of list when I see a game like GTA IV that completely raped my soul, I think they could be a LITTLE bit pissed off that a game they wasted part of their life on isn't getting due credit.. oh wait.

Start my own forums? No SHIT! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!?

Everyone that's interested, the church of Exmasology offical forums will be opened by the weekend, with a £10 joining fee and an annual £5 charge, of course.

So as I said before, my vote goes to Rock band 2, which I will cast into a relevent poll, somewhere on the internets. (We<3RockBand2.com?)
  • I think the mods and admins did a fantastic job putting this together. You know the saying, You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time - well that comes into play here. No matter how much thought goes into these types of things there will always be someone out there who will criticize. You guys did it the best you can and I for one think you did a wonderful job. My question for the general community is Is it the mods job to please each and every person in the forums? My answer is no it is not. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I personally respect everyone for voicing their opinion but at the same time I think our mod and admin team deserves the respect of not knocking what they worked very hard on putting together.
  • i put gears. Even though the multiplayer is close to the line of broken with shit load of connection issues i still love this game. And Cole Train is my display picture so i have no choice :(
  • Thanks for derailing the thread. Remember to cast your votes!
  • I've gotta say saints row 2 its an absolute blast. Most fun I've ever had with a game. I don't own it but still. Wheres farcry 2 though? C'mon... It was worthy but fallout 3 was also very impressive looking.
  • My vote would have gone to Gears 2, but the shitload of lag online makes it pretty silly in my eyes. You can't even host the game to stop the lag, they messed that up too.

So instead my vote goes to Dead Space. I really enjoyed it and was pleasantly surprised because i've never really liked those type of games.
  • I voted for gears 2 but were is tales of vesperia and farcry 2
  • mm this is rather tough, all the game are so different but equally brilliant! but my vote goes to Gears 2, mainly for its epic story. Left 4 dead and mirrors edge runners up
  • Wolf Teh Sniper said:
    Fallout 3 was the best game i think ive never had that much fun, its hands down the best RPG ive ever played

I agree. This year has a lot of great titles and it was hard to chose but for me my GOTY had to be Fallout 3
  • i picked gears 2 but personally i haven't been wowed by any game yet this year. im getting some more for Christmas but most the games this year have disappointed me in some way. burnout would have been my second place vote.
  • Shouldent there be more choices like best shooter, best RPG, Best MMO etc
  • My vote goes to fable 2 just because i had so much fun playing through it with my friends (not on co-op using the bobblethings)
  • Lightmike 578 said:
    Shouldent there be more choices like best shooter, best RPG, Best MMO etc

I was sort of thinking the same thing but :-)

No Rock Band 2 or Soul Calibur IV love....hmm

Gears of War 2 it is.
  • tough decision. I thought gears of war 2 had a really great story from what ive done but in terms of online it sucked because of te fact i couldnt buy a game. Fable 2 was decent but i completed it within 3 days.

In england gamestation had an offer for fallout 3 which was £20, so i decided to buy it and i love it. Game of year in my opinion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week