NooBTooB wiki?
  • Looks like the first editor was Brex123.

Followed by Diego, Jordo and Gaffa.

Good job guys, thanks for jumping right in. The Wiki looks better already. :)
  • Heh, this wiki is fun =D I went in a filled in most of the episodes, and all the downloads, it was a TON of fun... Ima go and do more episodes now, Ima try and finish before the end of the night, then I will start making game pages, I never knew wikis were so much fun =P its almost as addicting as programming!
  • Tuner89 said:
    Heh, this wiki is fun =D I went in a filled in most of the episodes, and all the downloads, it was a TON of fun... Ima go and do more episodes now, Ima try and finish before the end of the night, then I will start making game pages, I never knew wikis were so much fun =P its almost as addicting as programming!

Yeah aren't they great? I had a blast setting it up last night with Yuzo.

Thanks so much for all the edits you've been doing, the episode summary page looks AWESOME.

The next big project is gonna be to start filling out the game review page, I put up a few games last night, but doing a full list be tougher.

I saw your note about wiki vandalism, if you see someone vandalizing the site like Fragon did, just email us at [email]feedback@noobtoob.com[/email] and we'll ban them from the wiki. I've reverted Fragon's changes and banned him from the wiki.
  • tobin said:
    [quote=Tuner89]Heh, this wiki is fun =D I went in a filled in most of the episodes, and all the downloads, it was a TON of fun... Ima go and do more episodes now, Ima try and finish before the end of the night, then I will start making game pages, I never knew wikis were so much fun =P its almost as addicting as programming!

Yeah aren't they great? I had a blast setting it up last night with Yuzo.

Thanks so much for all the edits you've been doing, the episode summary page looks AWESOME.

The next big project is gonna be to start filling out the game review page, I put up a few games last night, but doing a full list be tougher.

I saw your note about wiki vandalism, if you see someone vandalizing the site like Fragon did, just email us at [email]feedback@noobtoob.com[/email] and we'll ban them from the wiki. I've reverted Fragon's changes and banned him from the wiki.[/quote]

Alright, cool, I'll email you if I see anything else... as soon as I'm done with the episodes, I'll start working on some games, I got nothing better to do in my free time other then updating wikis or playing year old games, and thats rarely any fun =P
  • tobin said:
    I saw your note about wiki vandalism, if you see someone vandalizing the site like Fragon did, just email us at [email]feedback@noobtoob.com[/email] and we'll ban them from the wiki. I've reverted Fragon's changes and banned him from the wiki.

Actually better yet, anyone can just revert the vandalism if they see it. No need to send email or anything. It's best if the wiki is self-policing since we won't always be able to keep tabs on it. Since _everyone_ has the power to edit, they can just put things right again if people like Fragon decide to vandalize. Keep an eye on the "Recent Changes" pages for anything out of the ordinary and revert if necessary.

And I'm sure this shouldn't have to be said, but please don't be a dick. We'd like to keep it open to edits to everyone so the wiki grows in value quickly.

Tuner89 said:
    Alright, cool, I'll email you if I see anything else... as soon as I'm done with the episodes, I'll start working on some games, I got nothing better to do in my free time other then updating wikis or playing year old games, and thats rarely any fun =P

Dude you rock! Thanks for the contributions, future visitors will find great worth in your changes :)

Yw
  • Hey, I didnt see a tab on your forum main page, to the wiki page, is that a plan in the future or am i just dumb and dont see it? Yall should put one up there with the Forum,Membership,search, and podcast tabs.
  • Why cant we edit the categories page?
    Is says its special lol???
  • Tried my first editing of the wiki, I made a link/page for the game Prey from the first episode, I kinda made a simplified running commentary on what Tobin and yuzo said about prey. Anyway take a look and tell me what you think :lol:

http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/%2A_Prey_%28PC%29
  • Cridec said:
    Tried my first editing of the wiki, I made a link/page for the game Prey from the first episode, I kinda made a simplified running commentary on what Tobin and yuzo said about prey. Anyway take a look and tell me what you think :lol:

http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/%2A_Prey_%28PC%29

Wow dude, that's awesome! I love the actual commentary from the episode, that adds so much to the review page.

I went ahead and changed the page to just be called Prey since it's multiplatform, and I put it in the format of the rest of our game review pages:

http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Prey

I also linked it off the game review page:

http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Game_Reviews

Great work!
  • Thanks for the help on the modifications, the level you guys and tuner are modifying is way over my head, im glad to just put in some words, thanks for the help it looks way better now.
  • Cridec said:
    Thanks for the help on the modifications, the level you guys and tuner are modifying is way over my head, im glad to just put in some words, thanks for the help it looks way better now.

That's cool, I don't really know much about wiki editing either, I mostly just look at examples on the net, or just copy from what other people do. :)

Anyway, that's what it's all about, go ahead and dump in content in any form, and we'll all work together to clean it up.
  • Tobin, yuzo, or tuner89 One of you guys should edit/fill in the "Help Edititing page" that is shown to the right of the preview changes and show changes tabs, this would be sweet for peopel like me and others, I personally cant figure out how to add Games in the differant categories etc all of the stuff that is more technical is way over my head right now, I am reduced to filling in words only etc on already linked and created items.

L8ter
  • also it was a thought but on the episode list pageis there anyway to make it so that when your cursor goes over each episode a small overview of what that episode was about pops up, ie the featured game and culture topic?
  • Cridec said:
    Tobin, yuzo, or tuner89 One of you guys should edit/fill in the "Help Edititing page" that is shown to the right of the preview changes and show changes tabs, this would be sweet for peopel like me and others, I personally cant figure out how to add Games in the differant categories etc all of the stuff that is more technical is way over my head right now, I am reduced to filling in words only etc on already linked and created items.

L8ter

I actually did that a few hours ago =P

It's not very good, I left alot of stuff out, mainly because I dont know anything about wikis...

I learned by compieing what Tobin and Yuzo did, I tried copieing off of other wikis, but their formatting is completely different some how, so that dosent work D=

As soon as I learn new things, I will add them, infact, since I filled that in, I learned alot of new things, which I should go and edit in probably =P
  • Cridec said:
    also it was a thought but on the episode list pageis there anyway to make it so that when your cursor goes over each episode a small overview of what that episode was about pops up, ie the featured game and culture topic?

THat might be possible, but we probably want to finish adding pages before we go into cool extras like that, nice idea though, I will look into how to do that..

THIS WIKI IS SO MUCH FUN!!! =D =D =D =D =D =D
  • Ohh lol Im retared Uhh thanks!

your prolly right, basics before beef as they say
  • I just started trying out a standardized basic game page, I made posted the outlines for episodes 1 and 2 for all of the games that those 2 episodes contain, tell me what you think, I will be posting this in the wiki site requests also. The Game page for Prey is filled out http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Prey

And the game page for Dead Rising is not filled out http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Dead_Rising

anyway tell me what you think

Cridec
  • Cridec said:
    I just started trying out a standardized basic game page, I made posted the outlines for episodes 1 and 2 for all of the games that those 2 episodes contain, tell me what you think, I will be posting this in the wiki site requests also. The Game page for Prey is filled out http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Prey

Wow great job man! You and Tuner89 are really making the wiki a great resource!

I love the commentary bit -- it gives people an easy way to get a good feeling for what we thought about the game.

Cridec said:
    And the game page for Dead Rising is not filled out http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Dead_Rising

I added some fields that I thought would flesh out the template some here. Stuff like Publisher, and release dates for various regions. I'm guessing almost all of this info should be easy to get from Wikipedia.

I also added a section I think you guys might like called "NooB Reviews". (Maybe call it user reviews? dunno, a little boring). I figure each of you guys could add your name in a sub section, thoughts on the game, and a thumbs up or thumbs down recommendation.

Anyhow, I added a "Master Game Template" I think we could start using as the base. Just edit it, copy the contents, and then paste it in the new game that you're going to make a new page for.

Any other additions that might be good? Go ahead and add 'em to the Master Game Template.

Yw
  • Yuzo, Nice work on the master template, its hella baller, anyway Thanks im havin tonsof fun rewatching the old episodes and filing in the wiki
  • Wow, great work adding all those game review pages, Cridec!

One thing I'd mention is that when you add a new game, you should also put it on here:

http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Game_Reviews

So that we have a master list of every game ever reviewed on Noobtoob.

The wiki is really taking off!
  • Tobin, Yuzo made a Category:Games page, that has every game in it...

also, I have been using www.gamefaqs.com to find out developer and release date, I can get a ton done really fast by taskswitching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week