NooBTooB wiki?
  • I've been thinking about tossing a wiki on NooBTooB for all of you guys to use as you see fit. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

I was figuring it would be nice for us to have a page where we could link every game that we've reviewed back to the episode it was reviewed in, so we could point new forum members at certain episodes, if they want to hear our review of a certain game.

I'm sure there's lots of stuff we could use a wiki for, are you guys a fan of that idea?
  • Cool, great idea.
  • i dont see why not. everything else does
  • Definetly yes, It would also be a great way to mabey catch some new gaming fans looking for sweet gaming review awesomeness
  • Aye sounds like a plan to me.
  • *Clueless*... Uhh.. a wiki? Before i cast my vote would someone care to quickly explain what it is =D? I'm such a newb >.<
  • PeOn_ said:
    *Clueless*... Uhh.. a wiki? Before i cast my vote would someone care to quickly explain what it is =D? I'm such a newb >.<</div>

I believe that they are talking about making a Wikipedia page, which is an online encyclopedia that is developed by the users.
  • Cridec said:
    [quote=PeOn_]*Clueless*... Uhh.. a wiki? Before i cast my vote would someone care to quickly explain what it is =D? I'm such a newb >.<</div>

I believe that they are talking about making a Wikipedia page, which is an online encyclopedia that is developed by the users.[/quote]

That's very close.

Wikipedia is just one wiki, and it's a big communal one that the whole world uses to store data like an encyclopedia.

I'm talking about making a wiki just for noobtoob, where anyone could edit and add to the pages, and it would be all user-added data about gaming and noobtoob.

It looks like people like the idea, so I'll work on it this weekend.
  • Ahh yes i thought it was something like that. Definately Yes! Theres heaps of info from some guys here.

Great idea Tobin =).
  • I'm not sure why there's a need for a wiki. Why not just add an index or something?
  • misere said:
    I'm not sure why there's a need for a wiki. Why not just add an index or something?

Well, the nice thing about wikis is that it lets other people enter information. So if someone had some spare time and added a few games to the list, eventually it would get done over time.

If I put up an index, I'd be the only person who could edit it, and the chances of me doing all 28 episodes myself are slim.

I've got the wiki installed, I just need to set it up so you all can get accounts now.
  • wiki away my good man. power to the people and all that.
  • Im thinkin you need to have a trial period before members could use the wiki becuase some of the people ive seen on here are retarded, and have no useful input, "No offense to anyone cool" Im talkin about the people who arent really gamers, that way they'd have to kinda petition you to be able to sing up for the wiki and you could allow them or not depending on what youve thought of their posts in general so far, as to wether or not they might say/type something useful or just be idiots.
  • Well, we can always roll back bad edits. I'm a big fan of giving people responsibility and trusting them to act maturely.

Possibly that will bite me in the end, but I think the noobtoob wiki will be open for anyone to edit at first, and then if we have problems, we'll make it more strict.

It's almost ready for you guys to play with!
  • Yeah, Being a NAZI is gay, sorry for the Heil hitler comment
  • go for it ....
  • AbDooL said:
    go for it ....

Thanks man. And welcome to the forums!
  • i picked the 3rd option
  • A wiki is essentially a site that allows the users to edit, remove and update the information on it. In noobtoob's case, it will be a game/episode listing that us, the loyal minions/underlings/fans can update.

It will be interesting because there are such uber prolific writers on this forum. (gwenster, misere) I'd be really interested to see what they add and type up. *I* for one, will be keeping and updating an essentially counter. Whereby every essentially yuzo says is noted accordingly by episode and for a grand total. <3 lol.<br />
    I'd also really like to see a page for Range. Will be so pissed off if people mess with my counter.
  • tobin said:
    It's almost ready for you guys to play with!

let us know...

is there gonna be a link on noobtoobs page to get directly to the wiki?
  • Sloth said:
    *I* for one, will be keeping and updating an essentially counter. Whereby every essentially yuzo says is noted accordingly by episode and for a grand total. <3 lol.<br />

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahaa.

Okay, that's just awesome.

We've got the wiki pretty much ready to go. I think we'll be turning it on tonight.
  • So, you want us add just about the episodes, or do you want us to compile a list of every single game we know of, with descirptions and reviews and stuff?

Basically, what exactly do you want us to put on it
  • Tuner89 said:
    So, you want us add just about the episodes, or do you want us to compile a list of every single game we know of, with descirptions and reviews and stuff?

Basically, what exactly do you want us to put on it

Well, I think the goal would be to collect noobtoob data, like what games we talk about in the shows, so if a new user shows up and wants to know what episode we reviewed Prey in, they can look at an alphabetical list and find it.

But honestly, it's a wiki. It's meant to be user created data. As long as it's related to gaming and noobtoob, I think pretty much anything is fair game.
  • Am i a gamer? or am i just a gay unrealted fucktard BTW check out Red vs Blue for a few laughs
  • A wiki is a great idea, even more so for someone like me who just got into the whole noobtoob scene. Be nice to learn some more information and kind of catch up with all the latest stuff.
  • neomaster said:
    BTW check out Red vs Blue for a few laughs

Haha those are halarious.

I see that Wiki is up!
    I wonder who will be the first to add something.
    >.>
    <.<<br />>.>

>.<

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week