Whats your favorite tv show?
  • Like the topic says, what is your favorite tv show and explain why you like it so much (sorry, if this has been a topic already, I looked around the forum and didn’t see something like this yet).

Mine has to be a show that came out a a couple of years ago and is now cancelled (damn NBC :evil: ). The show was called Surface, a Sci-Fi, action/adventure show. To give a quick background info on the show, the story begins with strange sightings of a water creature, much like the lochness sea monster. The plot takes twists and turns, from the creatures being aliens, to them being created by a government orginzation, that could be plotting for world domination. Also the show has many of the aspects of what a good show would have, like comedy, romance,action,adventure,drama,even mutation. The show then followes the lives of 3 different characters, one is a marine bilogist, the other a newly divorced husband who is seen a crazy nut after seeing one the sea creatures while spear fishing and having his brother killed by the creature, and teenager, who was a first just a normal teenager, until he finds and hatches a egg that had a baby sea creature and befriends it,then after hatching the baby he begins to mutate into a human/sea creature hybrid when the creatures saves the teenagers life. Soon each characters lives starts to come together, to where they have to figure out why this coporation called Iderdex, seems to be able to creature new and even extinct creatures, to trying to save the planet from the man eating creatures and tsunamis. The show takes a thrilling ride, from sea creatures, to muders,to secret governemt coporation, to world ending tsunamis.

This show was a great show, and for me the best show I have ever seen and will ever see,but after its first season finale, NBC decided to end it, even though it had 9 million views a week, and hardly had any ads for it after the first episode. The show had a loyal following, during and after the show. After it was cancelled, many Surface fans (including me) created a website called savesurface, which was dedicated to bringing back Surface and talking about the show and fan fictions, and not to promote the site or anything,but people on the forums were just as friendly as the ones here.
    Ok, so after me saying how much I love this show, what is favorite tv show and say why you like it so much (you don’t have to write as much as I did).
  • Mine's Arrested development. sadly it was cancelled... :(
  • For me, it is Lost. There's really not much more to say about it. It's engaging and looks to be for the rest of its run. I also really enjoy the Sopranos, and Dexter, very much.
  • RichTea87 said:
    Mine's Arrested development. sadly it was cancelled... :(

Mine was futurama. God damn you.....Tv....People. Damn you to hell. I just noticed. Futurama, Arrested development, The sopranos.... All the best have been canceled. Oh, And family guy is still on air? Simpsons is on it billionth season? American dad exists? Yeah, Just goes to show the kind of crap people are into....
  • Sunflower4000 said:
    For me, it is Lost. There's really not much more to say about it. It's engaging and looks to be for the rest of its run. I also really enjoy the Sopranos, and Dexter, very much.

Dexter, Theres a good thats kinda new.
  • BritishStereotype said:
    [quote=RichTea87]Mine's Arrested development. sadly it was cancelled... :(

Mine was futurama. God damn you.....Tv....People. Damn you to hell. I just noticed. Futurama, Arrested development, The sopranos.... All the best have been canceled. Oh, And family guy is still on air? Simpsons is on it billionth season? American dad exists? Yeah, Just goes to show the kind of crap people are into....[/quote]

Have to agree (yet disagree as well). Futurama was brilliant. Have you seen the films? They're really good. 2 out of 4 scheduled films are out on DVD (and on the internet of course).

The Simpsons, God I wish they would give up. I love it up until season 11/12, then it just started going downhill fast. I watch the new episodes and cringe. The only reason it's on air is because of the name and the viewers it generates. If a new show came along and produced a pilot of the quality of some of those episodes it would get laughed out the door. It just would not get put on air.

American Dad, I never liked it. Just bores the hell out of it. My friends enjoy it and I really don't know why.

Family guy, I actually like this. Just the weird and random humour appeals to me but can TOTALLY understand why someone wouldn't like it. A couple of the episodes are just complete rubbish.

Never seen The Sopranos or Arrested Development but have heard good things. So why are they cancelled? Coz they don't get viewers, not because of quality. This is especially annoying in the case of Futurama, because Fox kept changing the time and day it was on, so nobody knew when it was on, then cancel it when no one watches it. Stupid.

Also, Sunflower, Lost was great, but then its channel changed here in England and it messed up everything, so I missed a couple of episodes and was completely lost (pun not intended lol).

Anyway, back on topic, my favourite shows are South Park, Two and a Half Men, The Simpsons (earlier episodes, not this new shit) Futurama, Family guy, Mock the Week and some others I cba naming. I mainly watch comedy programmes, with the occasional sports show.
  • lukey19 said:
    [quote=BritishStereotype][quote=RichTea87]Mine's Arrested development. sadly it was cancelled... :(

Also, Sunflower, Lost was great, but then its channel changed here in England and it messed up everything, so I missed a couple of episodes and was completely lost (pun not intended lol).

Anyway, back on topic, my favourite shows are South Park, Two and a Half Men, The Simpsons (earlier episodes, not this new shit) Futurama, Family guy, Mock the Week and some others I cba naming. I mainly watch comedy programmes, with the occasional sports show.[/quote]

I like all of those shows as well,except for South Park, and Mock the Week. Two and a Half Men is hilarious. I did like Lost when it first came out,but I missed a episode or two and I got Lost, but with Sci-Fi showing Lost again, I will probably re-watch it again.
  • I wish I have the asian channels to watch Asian dramas. For the most part there's quite a few K-Dramas and J-Dramas that I simply love.

Anyway, back to America's tv channels that I do have and the series I like, it'll have to be Friends, Seinfield, Dexter, South Park, Family Guy, and Whose Line Is It Anyway.

Friends - You can argue it's dumb but that's why I love that series. It's one of those shows that makes you feel good I suppose.
    Seinfield - Another feel good show.
    Dexter - Well... I just simply love it. One of the more suspense genre.
    South Park - Bunch of kids talking gibberish and poking fun at things. Quite funny.
    Family Guy - Funny.
    Whose Line Is It Anyway? - One of many game shows that I really enjoyed except for certain segments - the singing ones.
  • Comedy series, my favorite would be Robot Chicken. That show is hilarious. For the drama or serious series definitely Supernatural. The whole concept for that show is great, how they take old ghost stories and what not then have them in the show, like Bloody Mary and the guy with the hook that wrote the whole "Aren't you glad you didn't wake up" in blood on the wall. Great series, and they haven't dumbed down like a lot of shows that are like that have been. 4th season just started last week, new episode this Thursday, can't wait!
  • My top favs in no particular order are: Friends, Heroes, Weeds, Dexter, South Park, and American Dad.
  • Never seen The Sopranos or Arrested Development but have heard good things. So why are they cancelled?

hmm.. not sure bout sopranos.. but as for Arrested development, it was cancelled because several marketing douchebags over at FOX did not feel the need to market the show, therefore it got mediocre ratings and people just didn't know much about it, which is why i JUST recently discovered this gem. What's ironic is that the show earned many awards including several emmy's and other major achievements. i hope that the arrested development movie will turn out great ..
  • My top favs in no particular order are: Friends, Heroes, Weeds, Dexter, South Park, and American Dad.

hmm.. im really interested in checking out weeds, since there's been a ton of posters and ads of it all over the subway stations in toronto.. and plus, that babe on the weeds poster is damn hot ;)

whoa, it seems like dexter is highly acclaimed, i should really check that out.. :)
  • Finished Shows: Dead Like Me, Neverwhere, any Jin Yong adaption made by TVB in the mid-80s

Shows still alive and kicking: Pushing Daisies, LOST, CSI: Miami, Law and Order: SVU and QI

I want to try to get into Supernatural (as it is relevant to my interests) but it feels like a bad jumping on spot, so I'll probably pick up a season DVD some time.
  • Dracomaster01 said:
    Mine has to be a show that came out a a couple of years ago and is now cancelled (damn NBC :evil: ). The show was called Surface, a Sci-Fi, action/adventure show.

Big high-five to you - i loved watching Surface, such a shame it was cancelled :(

As far as current series go, i havent watched much t.v. recently, but i plan to catch up with the newest sesons of Heroes and Battlestar Galactica at some point.

My favourite t.v. show that i always enjoy re-watching is Firefly.
    The series is set in the year 2517, after humans have arrived at a new star system, and follows the adventures of the renegade crew of Serenity, a "Firefly-class" spaceship. The ensemble cast portrays the nine characters who live on Serenity. Whedon pitched the show as "nine people looking into the blackness of space and seeing nine different things"
    Such an awesome series, sadly it has also been cancelled :(
  • Dexter is genius. We've just finished season 2, is there another?

Staying on a Michael C Hall theme, Six Feet Under was also great. It had the best series ending I have ever seen, even thinking about it now gives me goosebumps.

Firefly's another great series that got cancelled, a Joss Wheedon wildwest/space opera.

For comedies, there's The Office (I've only seen the UK original), Peep Show, Mock the Week and QI. I've just discovered Flight of the Conchords too.

Maxim, is the QI you see with Stephen Fry, or is it a US version? Stephen Fry is about as close to a hero as I have
  • wookiemonster said:
    Dexter is genius. We've just finished season 2, is there another?

Season 3 already started.
  • I can't stop watching LOST, it's not that good but i'm really caught up in it ^^

I also like CSI, Holes in the wall (The swedish version of Human Tetris, the japanese show) and South Park. As you see i'm really open minded xD
  • wookiemonster said:
    Dexter is genius. We've just finished season 2, is there another?

Staying on a Michael C Hall theme, Six Feet Under was also great. It had the best series ending I have ever seen, even thinking about it now gives me goosebumps.

Firefly's another great series that got cancelled, a Joss Wheedon wildwest/space opera.

For comedies, there's The Office (I've only seen the UK original), Peep Show, Mock the Week and QI. I've just discovered Flight of the Conchords too.

Maxim, is the QI you see with Stephen Fry, or is it a US version? Stephen Fry is about as close to a hero as I have

is there a US version? Stephen Fry is a god.
  • I'm really into animation. I enjoy Simpsons (the old ones) Futurama, Family Guy, South Park

I also enjoyed Seinfeld and That 70's Show and watch the seasons frequently.

Chappelle should've made a third season. :)
  • Firefly, nothing I've seen yet has come close to it.
  • My fav's are:

Friends: That is a hilarious show! All amazing actors!
    Robot Chicken: Funny to see stuff you like be made fun of.
    Prison Break: Intense show! Hot main Actor :P
  • Family guy. and Cribs
  • Mine is either The Shield or BattleStar Galactica, anyone who watches those know how good they are. It's to bad they're both in there final season. :cry:

not only my favorite show, but IMO the most important and all around well-made tv show in history.

a bold statement i know...if you haven't seen it, SEE IT
  • my favorite show with no comparison is southpark, but i also think 2 and a half men is funny as hell

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week