Retro Gaming Club: Diablo 2

The army has spoken! Diablo 2 is our RGC title for the next two weeks, go out and dust off your copy (or find it used in many gaming stores around the nation) and give it an install.

Post your thoughts, memories, and war stories here. Also, set up game sessions on battlenet if you want to play with other noobs! Contact info like battlenet id, server, and best times to play would all be great info (make sure it's in GMT).

Since next week's releases are bone dry (SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS.. really?), I'll try and find my copy and give it a spin. If not (it may be in storage somewhere), it's off to the used game section I suppose.

Yw
  • I've installed it and started playing an amazon (lev 6 atm). I won't go on battlenet because my copy isn't exactly legal... I'll play none the less. I've played to the third zone and I'm starting to get annoyed by the lighting, it's waaay too dark for my taste and it's starting to get repetitive. The other thing that annoys me is the lack of room in my backpack, I don't remember, is it possible to get bags of holding or something? I'm getting tired of teleporting back to the camp every other minute to identify and put away stuff.
  • Charon said:
    I've installed it and started playing an amazon (lev 6 atm). I won't go on battlenet because my copy isn't exactly legal... I'll play none the less. I've played to the third zone and I'm starting to get annoyed by the lighting, it's waaay too dark for my taste and it's starting to get repetitive. The other thing that annoys me is the lack of room in my backpack, I don't remember, is it possible to get bags of holding or something? I'm getting tired of teleporting back to the camp every other minute to identify and put away stuff.

A man in black with sunglasses runs up suddenly and abducts Charon and throws him in a rather undescript black vehicle. The only discerning marking of said vehicle is the License Plate that reads WoTC - FTW as it speeds off in towards the distance.

Ummm... Nope, I don't believe there was abnything to make your pack bigger. You just got to play inventory tetris and learn to throw crap out. Oh as soon as you can keep some Identify scrolls on ya and use them on the really big items. That way if they are crap you are freeing up more space. And that is about it really.
  • HEHE, and a noobie for you. Quite an unpleasant experience that whole abduction thing, you have no idea what roleplayers are capable of when angered (WoTC = wizards of the coast?):?

I found the tome of identify, makes the game a whole lot easier (packs about 20 scrolls in it)

I miss my NWN player backpack, nothing like stocking 10 fullplates in one pack.
    :D
  • I'll be on the West Coast Server if anyone wants to play with me if your new my level. Just whisper me (KelenaeV), and I'll give you the game name and the password. See you guys in game!
  • everyone i have started and my account name is NTA_CASEDOG and i have started a nec and i am lvl 10 (atm)
    everyone should have NTA in the front of their char name so that we know who is in the noob toob army. also when they play they should start the server with the name noobtoob so people know that they can find noob toobers in the noobtoob server.
  • Guess i'll have to start over =P hehe
  • We are useing the expansion too right??
  • NO NO NO NO NOT the expansion it is so shit ( sorry for language) all it is, is baal runs. and who can get the most items with +skill points, its also a lot easier that D 2. so we should just play the norm D 2 and not the dam expansion LOD. that is all i have to say about use the shitty expansion. SO JUST PLAY DIABLO 2
  • Awesome!

I'm gonna go dig out my copy and see if you guys are still online. :)
  • everyone should add me NTA_CASEDOG (it is in capitals) is my account name. and i will win this challenge.
  • Are we doing LOD or just normal D2?
  • Omega2k3 said:
    Are we doing LOD or just normal D2?

DON'T YOU READ PREVIOUS POSTS I HAVE BEEN SAYING THAT WE ARE PLAYING JUST D 2 NOT LOD.............................
  • Dude, you know LOD just adds stuff, it doesn't change the gameplay mechanics... It also let's you use a somewhat bearable resolution (800x600 as opposed to 640x480) so I don't know what your problem is with it... It's the same stuff, but better. So why don't we all decide?
  • I couldn't find my discs so I had to bittorrent it :(
    I suggest that no one does this just because they're lazy because I'm having extreme difficulties cracking it
    I have the expansion and I have no problem with extra content.
  • about half a dozen of us have made new expansion characters and started playing together, so i say expansion if you have it :D
  • casedog: im no moderator, but please dont shout at us

im going to borrow the game from my neighbor but im not sure how the battlenet thing will work. we ought to do the battlenet thing for a set time on friday or saturday in addition to whatever pickup games you guys are doing. thoughts?
  • can someone tell me what area the monastery barracks is in because I'm kind of tired of pointlessly running around killing carver's.
  • i am gonna pull out if we play the expansion. because i don't see it as challenging as the normal one. as i have said numerous times it is just who can get the most item with the most + to all skills.
  • casedog said:
    i am gonna pull out if we play the expansion. because i don't see it as challenging as the normal one. as i have said numerous times it is just who can get the most item with the most + to all skills.

Yeah, even though it's the same exact game. Have fun playing alone.
  • Shit, this didn't take long to get retarded. Either play it or don't, most people assumed the expansion would be used and hell, do what you like. There are big differences in the play mechanics between both versions, but it's goddamn Diablo. So play it!
  • I think that the smith is the most underwhelmin Diablo boss evar...
    I mean seriously he died in 4 hits (from himself) but he has the second best catch phrase: "I will make weapons out of your bones" second only to the butcher's "mmm... fresh meat"
  • Well i cant take part in this anymore... Blizzard sucks, all im saying.

i dunno why =\, but from Blizzard's support area...

If you are receiving the error message, “Your CD key is disabled from realm play.” when trying to join or create a realm game, this indicates the CD-Key installed has been temporarily or permanently banned from playing realm games on Battle.net. Even though the CD-Key is restricted from playing realm games, you are still able to play Open Battle.net games.

Diablo II CD-Keys are regularly banned and accounts are closed due to hacking on Battle.net. In the case of the CD-Keys that were banned, at least one account tied to each CD-Key was identified as having used such a program while playing on Battle.net. First time offenders are banned from realm play for one month and repeat offenders are banned from realm play permanently. Users who are unsure if their CD-Key was temporarily or permanently banned will have to wait one month from the time the CD-Key was banned to determine the status.

so it looks like ill have to wait a month to see if my account was perm banned =\ and i just got level 76 on my sorc
  • fine i give up i will install the expansion. i will be making a server called NOOBTOOB & the password will be yuzo so all you noobtoobers online come and join me im only on lvl 15 at the moment and could use some help.....
  • everyone i am dropping out off the retro gaming challenge as i am felling like i am going to get addicted again to this game and i don't want that to happen so i am out.
  • Well, I don't have the expansion, I have my old D2 disks from back in the day.

Anyone wanna play a non-expansion game with me? :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week