Wiki Questions
  • In the nintendo 64 section of the wiki. there is about 4 games - Legend of Zelda, Quake, Casltlevania and Goldeneye. I want to know can I add other 64 games to this section cause there are a lot out there and I want to write about a stack of them. Or will only games that get talked about on the show be added to the wiki? So can I add other 64 games to the Wiki section cause there is at least 20 that I would be willing to try and write about and if so can someone educate me on how to add new pages and adding the outline parts then I will fill in the rest.. thanks guys.
  • there is no rule that says that games can't be added just because Tobin & Yuzo didn't talk about them on the show
  • alright then, what about how to put in new pages and sub headings and stuff like that, I can edit one already there but adding another page i dont know how to do that.
  • Vasir said:
    alright then, what about how to put in new pages and sub headings and stuff like that, I can edit one already there but adding another page i dont know how to do that.

You can create new pages in the wiki by just going to a link with the name you want and it'll ask if you want to edit the page. For example:

http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Super_Mario_64

Then edit the page (make sure you use the master game template), and also make sure that it has a category tag of Nintendo 64 so that it shows up in the category page. Take a look at one of the existing ones to see how it's done. Also, most games have a standard naming scheme, check out the other games to see the patterns (like "And" instead of '&', etc).

Thanks for editting the wiki, the more people use it the more useful of a resource it becomes.

Yw
  • yuzo said:
    [quote=Vasir]alright then, what about how to put in new pages and sub headings and stuff like that, I can edit one already there but adding another page i dont know how to do that.

You can create new pages in the wiki by just going to a link with the name you want and it'll ask if you want to edit the page. For example:

http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Super_Mario_64

Then edit the page (make sure you use the master game template), and also make sure that it has a category tag of Nintendo 64 so that it shows up in the category page. Take a look at one of the existing ones to see how it's done. Also, most games have a standard naming scheme, check out the other games to see the patterns (like "And" instead of '&', etc).

Thanks for editting the wiki, the more people use it the more useful of a resource it becomes.

Yw[/quote]

Thanks for the help Yuzo, after a little trial and error I have now managed to add 21 more titles to the Nintendo 64 page, I have only created the pages so far eventually I or anyone else will get around to filling in the blanks and fixing up the layout. I am still new to editing/creating new wiki pages so these ones look a bit different to the others but thats what a wiki is for, to add too and to be edited by everyone.
  • Sweet, man. Thanks for adding all those games!
  • I've deicded to add in some 64 games, umm i'll start off by putting them up, then i'll work on about the game and other stuff, but feel free to do some if you wont i want stop u

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week