Teamwork in MMO's
  • Wouldn't it be cool to see teamwork as a major gameplay aspect in a video game, because in guild wars all i see is, kill this,kill that, no teamwork elements THAT involved but have the monk heal while players kill crap, like i wanna see some stuff like, if the ranger doesnt cripple the warrior the warrior will go to your monk and shove a metal rod up your monks poop chute and then your monk is stunned for 10 seconds while the enemy team kills you, monsters kill you, etc. to but, jall get what i mean, peace out. post your opinions as well.
  • Some people like to solo in MMO's for some reason... doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of playing an massively multiplayer game if you don't want to interact with people? I dunno.

Last MMO I played that had a real sense of teamwork was Planetside. First person MMO. If everyone just zerg-rushes the base then youll be there for hours trying to take it over. However, if you have a well organized team you can get heavy armor rolling in, a air drop right on top of the base, and maybe a infiltrator sneak in and blow the generator or hack.. and you could take it over pretty quick.

You could go solo but you rarely get anything note-worthy done alone.
  • If you want to see teamwork to achieve a common goal you should try WoW. Instances take anywhere from 5 to 25 people to beat. Before The Burning Crusade expansion, end game raiding was built for 40 people, now that is some real team work to achieve a common goal.
  • Kaidfather said:
    If you want to see teamwork to achieve a common goal you should try WoW. Instances take anywhere from 5 to 25 people to beat. Before The Burning Crusade expansion, end game raiding was built for 40 people, now that is some real team work to achieve a common goal.

That's in pretty much every MMO. When I played Everquest way before WoW, we had to do the same thing. You have to use teamwork in almost every MMO's instances or raids but I think Whats A Username was talking about just your average play experience having to use teamwork.
  • Thats what i meant i just used an mmo example but the only game i find that really uses that whole group teamwork is left 4 dead.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week