an Apple console
  • do you think that spple would ever make a video game console

reason why im asking is because apple is starting to make some small gaming apps for the ipods now with all the money they make and if they had a console imagine the games they could have possibly

so my question is do you think apple would make a console in the next 10 years or so?
  • MBG DIESEL said:
    do you think that spple would ever make a video game console

reason why im asking is because apple is starting to make some small gaming apps for the ipods now with all the money they make and if they had a console imagine the games they could have possibly

so my question is do you think apple would make a console in the next 10 years or so?

Apple has always been a bit protective of its professional user image. My theory is that instead of an out and out console, they will combine and adapt the I-Pod and the I-Phone into a high end portable games machine that can do all the things the 2 of them can already do seperately and play impressive games.

But, if they taste enough money in the games market, they may make a go at it. It's always hard to tell what people will do. No one EVER would have thought Microsoft would not only enter the home console market, but actually be VERY successful at it.

-Ray
  • thats what i was talking about with my friend microsoft started with software and is now into gaming so maybe apple could start with a handheld devise and move onto more things afterward
  • I don't think Apple will make a console but everything else. Something that can play Blue-ray disks or maybe even make a T.V that will play everything.. But not a console.
  • Jobs has been pushing the iPhone as a gaming device pretty extensively as of late, so I don't think that they would create a handheld system at this time. Console also would seem doubtful as they probably wouldn't have the developer draw that someone like Microsoft had when they first jumped in.

Ten years is a long time in the gaming world though, so you never know, but I highly doubt it.
  • Not sure about Apple, but I heard a rumour about EA making their own next-gen console.
    I'm not sure how many developers are under their ownership, but it's probably enough to annoy a lot of people :P
  • They have made a console but it didn't end well for them. I can't remember the name of it but it was something along the lines of Pippin or something like that.
  • Eh, I think a mac console would be kinda bad, Mainly because apple can't really seem to grasp the concept of gaming. But I could be wrong
  • I'm probably going to be shot for saying this but, I don't think that Apple will. I think the main reason is because games and consoles are already really expensive. Just my current gen consoles and games have run me a good $5000 not counting my tv or surround sound. I don't even think I have that much either. They are just going to be even worse in 10 years. So because of that I feel like 4 consoles out at once would be too much for people to handle. I mean there really isn't a difference between the PS3 and the 360 as it is. They both allow you to play mostly the same games except for a couple on each console that are exclusive. So I think it'll just be more of the same and another console will just be white noise. Add that to the fact that console gaming is going to take a hit because of the recession in the coming years I don't believe any company including Apple will be able to compete.
  • I think Apple could have the nads to make a console but I think it would be an epic fail i.e. Dreamcast. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo have worked damn hard to make a name for themselves I just think it would take Apple a hell of a lot more than an iPhone and Mac to get hardcore gamers like myself and mostly everyone in the NoobToob community to buy an iConsole.
  • Mr.47 said:
    I think Apple could have the nads to make a console but I think it would be an epic fail i.e. Dreamcast. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo have worked damn hard to make a name for themselves I just think it would take Apple a hell of a lot more than an iPhone and Mac to get hardcore gamers like myself and mostly everyone in the NoobToob community to buy an iConsole.

Actually, I'd imagine they would call it an I-Game.

I agree with what most people have said, especially the bit about Apple not having a good grasp on games. They have made a choice to never really get involved in gaming, so they would not really have any kind of foothold to get into the industry. At least Microsoft has been involved with Gaming on PCs since, like, the dawn of time.

-Ray
  • pocketmego said:

-Ray

I think they'd call it the I-Box
  • MixedUpzombies said:
    [quote=pocketmego]
    -Ray

I think they'd call it the I-Box
    [/quote]

LMAO!!!!

Touche!

Great video, man.

-Ray
  • If they did it would be so awesome, they would make you buy a lot of attachment for it in order for it to work.

And they would come out with a new version every 3 months.

I love Apple BTW.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week