Evil Mario...That's Incredible
  • In the late 1970's a string of network variety shows began plaguing the US, much like the reality show HELL we live in today. It was an awful time of band music, ugly audience members, big ties, wavy hair, perpetual tans, and whiter than white teeth.

Fortunately, as all things must, this era started to die off at the beginning of the more tech driven, faster paced, action hero era of the 1980's. However, not all of these shows were willing to just die off. Some of them tried to cling to life by trying to adopt more modern entertainment tropes.

That's incredible tried to stay alive by cashing on the BOOM in arcades of the era. Thus we have this...

When dorks collide!

Was the guy from Nintendo retarded? he was just standing there like..."durr hurr".

And you would think the hosts of the show would at least ATTEMPT some fucking research. Donkey Kong Jr's father's name is not POPPA, but then you think the name of the game would give them a fucking clue.

That's OK, EVIL Mario was probably threatening all their families or something. :D

A blast from the past with shades of "King of Kong".

-Ray
  • ahahah very nice
  • hahaha wow thats amazing that this was on tv

great stuff pocket

how do you always find this stuff??
    8P
  • "That's incredible............"

What a strange audience, there are "old" people just sitting there clapping wildly. You cant tell me that they are really interested in that kind of stuff.

I personally dont see the appeal of this show. It's 3 "faceless" contestant that have a highscore battle, but watching those screens just doesnt seem fun.
  • Well lets remember....video games back then were NEW...that or these are the real first members of Somethingawlful.forums heh.

But ya mostly because its from the fact that its new....I don't think they are on the edge of their seat but they are interested perhaps.
  • He won a gold and a kiss, sweet!
  • Sandata said:
    Well lets remember....video games back then were NEW...that or these are the real first members of Somethingawlful.forums heh.

But ya mostly because its from the fact that its new....I don't think they are on the edge of their seat but they are interested perhaps.

Yeah, back then Video Games were this cool new thing that people were fascinated by because they hadn't really seen a lot of them up to that point.

Plus, you could see your average Atari games on your 2600 at home. But, Arcade games were always special because you used to have to go out of your way to see those.

It's hard for a lot of younger gamers to understand that Arcade Games used to be special, because they were flashy and had the best graphics and the only way to play them or even see them was to go to your local arcade.

I remember a friend and me spending 10 bucks in quarters between us to beat Golden Axe, because it was the newest. coolest game in the arcade.

Fucking GOLDEN AXE.

:D

-Ray
  • Yeah arcades used to be a big thing when i was younger but now its hard to find as many of them or people playing the arcades as much. Mainly because of the consoles now. Back then some of the arcade games looked way better then home consoles and such. I remember playing X-men arcade game and spending a ton of money trying to beat the game with friends or other people. Also Turtles in time and Golden Axe and many other games. Some kid brang in a ps1 to this arcade i was at way back when ps1 was new and they were playing Marvel vs Capcom which they had at the arcade. I remember going to arcades many times when i was younger but now i don't go much. They just aren't the same as they used to be. But i go sometimes.
  • That bloke at 0:38 reminds me of Sunflower.............Im going to die arent i ?
  • J_Chip1691 said:
    That bloke at 0:38 reminds me of Sunflower.............Im going to die arent i ?

No WAY Sunflower wuld suck that bad at Millipede.

:D

-Ray
  • THAT'S RUBBISH!
  • apophis_dd said:
    THAT'S RUBBISH!

What is?

-Ray
  • Darren got pwned.
  • pocketmego said:
    [quote=apophis_dd]THAT'S RUBBISH!

What is?

-Ray[/quote]

Haha, the "That's Incredible" show is, not your post. It was a good find, but looks like the dullest show to watch as part of the studio audience. Except when one of those nerds frantically "run" to their next machine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week