What kind of music do you like to listen to while gaming?
  • personally if I'm playing something like COD4 or Titan Quest, something I don't put much attention into I like to listen to calming music like Imogen Heap, or Bright Eyes.

But if its a game that I really put a lot of time into, and score really matters to me, such as Team Fortress 2 or Warhammer beta, I like to listen to Death Metal/Deathcore music to get me all pumped up

how about you?
  • I put my mp3 library on random so I get all sort of music I like: from Radiohead and The Beatles to Talking Heads and Modest Mouse.
  • I listen to the game music 95% of the time. If not, I plug my ipod into my Xbox and play some tunes over my speakers. Usually it's rock. I don't know :P.
  • Like Ready2Rumble, I mostly listen to the game I'm playing's actual soundtrack. If I'm not listening to that, I often find myself listening to instrumental music, or sometimes, the soundtracks of other games.
  • Like R2R, I tend to listen to the game music most of the time.

Barring that, it depends on what exactly I'm playing. If it's a fantasy game, I'll want something that fits that atmosphere, if it's something futuristic, techno might fit the bill, etc.

[rant] Also, on the subject of music, why have modern First Person Shooters been opting not to play music in multiplayer? Do people find it distracting or something? Does it really make the gunfire that much harder to hear? I miss the days of Doom and Quake when you had the music in the background while you were killing your buddies/random people. Now, you get...dead fucking silence...it's just empty without it. Hell, some games don't have music at all, and that's really strange to me! [/rant]
  • I dont really listen to music while i play unless its a racing game, then i listen to stuff like POD and the Used. Any rock really, i prefer to talk and have a laugh. Music i for a solo effort, but i always listen to music any other time just not while i play.
  • If i am not listening to the in game music then i am listening to podcasts
  • Sometimes when i play Counter STrike, i like listening to Punk Rock. Sum 41, American Diary, you know, whatever. Same when I'm playing Starcraft.
  • FUCKING METALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
  • whatthefbomb said:
    Like R2R, I tend to listen to the game music most of the time.

Barring that, it depends on what exactly I'm playing. If it's a fantasy game, I'll want something that fits that atmosphere, if it's something futuristic, techno might fit the bill, etc.

[rant] Also, on the subject of music, why have modern First Person Shooters been opting not to play music in multiplayer? Do people find it distracting or something? Does it really make the gunfire that much harder to hear? I miss the days of Doom and Quake when you had the music in the background while you were killing your buddies/random people. Now, you get...dead fucking silence...it's just empty without it. Hell, some games don't have music at all, and that's really strange to me! [/rant]

its mostly so you can hear footsteps and gun shots, for tactical purposes
  • Tophat666 said:
    FUCKING METALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

hell yeah!
  • Oddly enough I don't really like listening to music while playing videogames. Usually only listen to podcasts. That way I can listen to the games music and get podcast listening into my schedule.
  • The Devil Wears Prada ; ) Check em out if you like metal.
  • biggie smalls or big L

spit your game is the best song for playing cod4
  • When I was playing team fortress 2 earlier today I was listening to Bizet: Les Toreadors, from "Carmen" over and over again but I usually just have it on random if on at all.
  • Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, oh, and Metallica.
  • Uhm. Most of the time i just like to listen to the game to hear people moving around me or if im playing GTA4 i just listen to the radio.

But if i feel like listening to some music while i play, i put on some "The Devil wears prada, On Broken Wings, August burns Red" or some old school rap depending on the game im playing. lmao

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week