Hardest Game Stage
  • We've all been over what games were the hardest many many times. However, I don't think there has been a discussion about the single hardest level in a video game. While the appearance of stages or levels in newer games is fading, I'm sure everyone can remember a particular level from a game that they got frustrated with, or even gave up the game entirely. What is that level for you?
  • ive never gave up on a stage, but the satge that i struggled with, in recent memory, would be snow storm on GTA 4, i was flying through the game and half way through that mission, it took me 6 or 7 goes, one more and i think i would have snapped the disk.
  • Right now I am stuck on Commander Keen in the The Well of Wishes. That stupid Dopefish! I hate him! :evil: It takes so many tries to just get past the first one. The second one is just as hard, so I dont know if I can make that level at all. I will keep on trying.

EDIT:
    I looked at some tips and it is good to know that you can swim faster by tapping Ctrl. It is still hard, but I managed to do it now. YEAH!
  • Plankton said:
    Right now I am stuck on Commander Keen in the The Well of Wishes. That stupid Dopefish! I hate him! :evil: It takes so many tries to just get past the first one. The second one is just as hard, so I dont know if I can make that level at all. I will keep on trying.

EDIT:
    I looked at some tips and it is good to know that you can swim faster by tapping Ctrl. It is still hard, but I managed to do it now. YEAH!

YES! Commander Keen is awesome! The latter 3 are better than the former 3 in my opinion, but all are made of win. I haven't play the one on GBC though, but it looks like ass.

Hardest stage? Can the entire inverted castle in Castlevania: SoTN count? It's so frustrating, I always stop playing when I get that far, but I'd love to actually finish the game.

Then again, there's also this one mission in San Andreas where you have to fly a plane behind this jet liner and do something that I don't know about. I quit SA over that. I was playing the PC version, so flying a plane was a real bitch.

But on the other hand...I could go on and on. I'm such a terrible gamer, everything seems hard. I get my ass handed to me in any multiplayer game I play, etc., but I've got nothing better to do.
  • One shot one kill on Veteran in CoD4
  • GTA Vice City. The mission where you have to fly that mini helicopter into that constructions site and drop bombs. That was a hard mission. Made my hands sweat like an old piece of cheese.
  • There was a level in Super Mario: The Lost Levels where you had to bounce on a spring, and then the wind took you to a small platform, and then you had to repeat that a few times. That level drove me nuts, I think it was 7-2 or something.

I did beat it, given, but it was hard as hell.
  • One shot one kill on Veteran in CoD4

agreed..its not so much the running away and loosing people in the buildings thats hard its the part at the end where u gotta survive till the chopper comes to get you...that is just tooo damn hard..most fustrating gaming experience ever!!
  • CoD4 Mile High Club on veteran, lots of hard sections to memorise and perfect, my strategy relied on flash grenaded bad guys to stumble in the right direction or it was all over. One Shot, One Kill was hard but most of the time I spent waiting inside a hallway
  • shinobi stages 5-ending, they are all hard, can't just pick one

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week