who likes money the most nintendo, sony or microsoft ?
  • simple really which company ( sony microsoft nintendo ) likes money the most and which will go to the furthest lenghts to get it. i think its probably nintendo cos' this is all they got going for them whereas sony makes other electricals and good ol' bill was already the richest dude on the planet before the xbox was released. one of the primary reasons nintendo targeted the casuall gamer was because if the wii failed they were going to become third party devolopers a bit like sega and the dreamcast.
  • I think they all like money equally :roll:
  • They all love money over anything else. The difference between them is that Nintendo is a "better" love, as money keeps on coming.
  • I think that all of them love money but they all have different business plans.
    Nintendo have gone for the get rich quick scheme.
    Microsoft have gone with the long term plan by making people pay for XBL they have a guarenteed source of money.
    Sony have spread there plan across multiple applications as Sony make so many other things.

So in the long term Microsoft and Sony will be better off but Nintendo now has the money to make a new console and keep going with a new get rich quick scheme.
  • Well, as corporations, they're existence kind of depends on money, so I'm sure they want it all equally.

I also highly doubt Nitnendo would have become a third party developer; they always have the handheld market.
  • Nintendo. They make so much junk for their system's its not even funny. Some are used for a lot of games some a few. E-card readers, GBA N64 ports, the Wii board. Overall...they keep making EXTRA stuff. and what does it cost to get a whole controller for your Wii? exactly. Im shocked that the wii mote and nunchuck is not making the Wii fail.

there's my vote.
  • I think this thread should be close asap, this will only lead to fanboy flame wars and such
  • it has to be Nintendo not only do they make shit loads of low quality games, but they keep bringing out useless application after useless application, milking the cash cow that is the Wii market.
  • James-Kond said:
    I think this thread should be close asap, this will only lead to fanboy flame wars and such

So far I've only seen people's honest opinions. If it gets out of hand, it'll get closed.

-Ray
  • They are in it for the money so I should not be surprised. Logic would dictate that Nintendo is the big money grabber right now, considering that Sony is still making a loss from its PS3 and Microsoft lost loads of money to get into the console business.
  • personaly i think that they all love money but the way in which they get it is different

Nintendo: Makes everything easy and afordable, is apealing to the masses. sucks peoples money with peripherals.

Microsoft: going for more of the noob, semi casual and gamer group. Didn't count on getting the violent 12 year olds. seen as more of a serious console and sucks peoples money with Xbox live.

SOny: went for the serious gammer or rich noob market, didn't expect on negitive press for over pricing but recovered well. sucks money from the PS3 only release games and a bit from the peripherals and online.
  • i don't think its really who likes money the most, more so who does money like the most?
  • There is no question here, Microsoft want all your money. Why? You have to buy GamerPics. BUY THEM! Outrageous.
  • Yeah gamerpics should be free imo but they want money for them
  • Micro$oft wants money for everything. That's why Windows XP, new, still costs $199.99 and they try to force people to upgrade all the time. I could go on about M$ and their PC backwards incompatibility, but as far as gaming is concerned they aren't all for money.

Oh, wait, they forced a higher price for Braid when the developer didn't want it? Make you charge for just about everything? ..Well, shit. There goes my vote.
  • Wait what? Don't all corporations loves money equally?.. Well, honest attempt at a thread, though I seriously don't see how someone can answer the question.
  • quahgg said:
    Wait what? Don't all corporations loves money equally?.. Well, honest attempt at a thread, though I seriously don't see how someone can answer the question.

Exactly, a corporation has a legal responsibility to the shareholders to make the best return on their investments that they possibly can.
    No difference between the three, just different business strategies.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week