Grandpa gamers
  • I believe the time of the grandpa gamer is upon us. Kids these days are growing up with video games all around them, unlike the previous generations, and the age limit on when you should "stop gaming and join the rest of us in the real world" is being pushed further and further back. I believe that I, along with the rest of my fellow gamers, will be, in about 60 years, among some of the first grandpa gamers. And by god it makes me proud to say it! So hears to the grandpa gamer, may arthritis never get our opposable thumbs down!
  • Haha. Veteran Gamers talking about his past: "Back in my days, games were much more of a challenge and much better...many died trying to beat the final boss...The kids nowadays just don't appreciate what they have, they should thank us for waht we did...bla bla bla"
  • IN MY DAY WE HAD TO WALK FIFFFFTEEEEEN MILES IN THE SNOW TO REACH THE NEAREST ARCADE

AND WE WERE THANKFUL
  • In my days, game production lasted more than 10 years. Like, Duke Nukem Forever.
  • Well in my day..........eeerrr................hmmm...............eerrr
    Whats this topic about again?
  • LOL the grandpa games are already here. You have to remember the kids that first started with Atari 2600 - those systems were developed by guys in their 20s and 30s - now those same people are in their 50s and 60s and I'm sure some of them are grandparents. My own dad is 62 and he has his own DS, though the only games he likes are SMB types.
  • Insurgent said:
    In my days, game production lasted more than 10 years. Like, Duke Nukem Forever.

If you want to play that game your going to have to be in your 60's to play it, by the time it is finally released we will all have Alzheimer's and forget all about it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week