Why do you game?
  • We are all gamers. Whether we favor PC, 360, PS3, Wii, or a handheld, we all enjoy a good game.

I just wonder... why do yuo game? What motivates you to go out and spend money on a title, then come home and devote hours of your life to it? Do you do it to experience a great story? For the social experience? Maybe to test your mind or reflexes? What is it that drives you to keep on playing?
  • I once used gaming as an escapist technique. I used it to get away from the "RL", which was negative because it caused me to gain an "addiction" and ignore real life problems and situations.

Since finding NoobToob, I've viewed gaming as a part of my regular life, more so than an escape...which has helped me manage it in with regular time.

And I game to play with friends of NoobToob as well. So it's a platform for comradeship.
    :-)
  • It's really just what I got into as kid, some play sports, read books, create art, but I choose to have fun playing games. Not to say I don't do any of those other things it's just gaming is more intresting to me and that's what it comes down to for me. But I know there are other less major reasons like socializing, sense of accomplishment, and even minor escapism at times.
  • Me game. Game fun hobby. Me game you long time.
  • Basically because I always have.

I was practically born with an Atari Joystick in my hand and pretty much went from there.

-Ray
  • I game because its fun, I can do it whenever I want, it will always be there...man I love gaming.
  • Pretty much all the typical answers, but being a gamer...seeing gameplay of a game I've been waiting for so long to play.... Seeing new videos..new trailers, new demos, new teasers.. The feeling I get when I see that loading screen, when I start a new game... It's something not many can express in words, but many know what I feel...I'm a gamer...simple as that. Always have been, and always will.
  • I've been doing it since I was a kid and its something I grew up with. I couldn't beat my friends at sports, but I could kick all their asses at Street Fighter. As I've grown older its just something I do for relaxation and its more interactive then just watching tv or a movie.
  • besides being a form of entertainment gaming is a why I keep in touch with my family and friends as blowing up my cousin in TF2 can be more fun then writing him a letter.
  • Mostly because it's fun and it gives me something to do. I also get a nice sense of accomplishment when I finish a game.
  • Ive got addicted to it and am not trying to stop!
  • I game because I enjoy it. It's also great when I'm bored. But it hasn't been until recently that I've become more "serious" about it. I still wouldn't say I'm hardcore anymore, but I search for games online, I try and find out information about loads of games, and also learn about the previous generations.
  • kyaizen said:
    Pretty much all the typical answers, but being a gamer...seeing gameplay of a game I've been waiting for so long to play.... Seeing new videos..new trailers, new demos, new teasers.. The feeling I get when I see that loading screen, when I start a new game... It's something not many can express in words, but many know what I feel...I'm a gamer...simple as that. Always have been, and always will.

Exactly!!
    and fun.
  • lol. Good topic.

I guess its really kinda of a virtual drug. As a little kid i just watched my brother play but i never really got the point to play the game until I did myself.

After that is was just an addiction. I used video games to get away from my life. A stress reliever if you will. But as i played more and more i got more interested, and as i got more interested more and more technology were developing and games started getting more realistic and had more quality. So i couldn't stop.

But, as i got older i developed more of a social life so that led me away from video games a little but not much at all.

So i guess you can say i used it as a getaway from "RL" and also use it as legal drug in a way. lmao
  • Mostly because is fun and i enjoy it and i enjoy playing against different people or finishing a game and a lot of other reasons and its a good way to relax after a long day at work or whatever.
  • I gamed because I was bored long ago at the age of 6. 11 years later, it's because it's more of an addiction, and because I have nothing better to do.
  • shot i have been gaming seens 6 and never looked back it hooked me
  • Played that dark trooper (I think thats what its called) Star wars game for the PC since age 4. And I've loved fps games since then!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week