death of a console
  • hey guys
    just wondering has your console ever died on you. e.g 360 red ring.
    then if so
    do you know why
    was it your fault
    did you try and fix it.

personaly i sortof droped my Ps2 while having a rage at a game. Then the disc drive wouldn't open so i jamed a knife in to gaet the game out. The game was somthing like Sunny Garcia surfing, and it was not worth runing my PS2 to save. :( R.I.P sweet chunky ps2 and may a flight of angels send the ect.
  • yeah mate
    my XBOX is le fucked
    and i want to play PGR2 + others since i've also might've kicked it here and there cause its a slut.

i dont think its worth repairing mate, just get a new console :D
  • My original NES died on me. My parents replaced it with another one that lasted until I got my SNES.

My PS1 also died, not sure what ever happened to it. Games just stopped loading up.
  • My chunky PS2 died on me well it didnt really die the laser stopped working so when i found out that there was no way to fix it i just bought another one
  • Gamecube broke because a belt on the inside snapped and screwed it over, PS2 chunky by the laser problem and my 360 has died 2 times first because of the RROD and the second time was caused by the evil E74.
  • obviously my xbox 360 has RROD twice, and my Sega megadrive while playing sonic :(
  • Well my PSP got bricked when I tried to use the internet at the library. But luckily I know someone who can fix it as soon as school starts so I guess its not legally dead yet. : )
  • I never had a broke system, lucky me :D . My launch PS2 still runs everything fine games, DVD's, & CD's.
  • My c64 died after many years of fine service. Fortunately, I got a 128 to replace it.

-Ray
  • My consoles always seem to die when the next generation is coming out... I don't know if its fate or what, but it happens almost every time. I've had my PC die on me 2 or 3 times over the past 7 or so years. At least that I can fix myself.
  • My 360 E-74'd once and my gamecube disc reader broke.

But, even better, I tried to take a piss while playing Super mario land on my gameboy color and I dropped it in the toilet and it uh.... broke.
  • my first gen ps2 got the disc read error crap(bought a new one),
    NES would randomly restart replaced with a FC twin turbo(not the same but at least I don't have to blow the games anymore)
  • My PS2 got pulled off of the table by my little brother accidentally.

Then my two year old sister threw my DS into the toilet.
  • my gba while i was playing sonic i got stuck and bit it in half. and iv'e lost loads of controlls in a similiar fashion
  • ob1000 said:
    my gba while i was playing sonic i got stuck and bit it in half. and iv'e lost loads of controlls in a similiar fashion

wait by bit it do you mewan you bited through the gba??
  • My Ps2 had a very slow death, it started acting like NES one day (it won't take disc sometimes). So I did what I could and simply opened the body up and looked at the problem and saw it was something with the laser so there wasn't much I could do. So I just kept playing with no body on and it looked great until it stopped working completely.
  • All my old consoles fucked up my PS 1 had to be upside down to work, my PS 2 plays games in black and white if it works at all and my Xbox actually started to smoke fuck knows what happened to that. Up to now only my Xbox 360 has not had to be re-bought although it did need replacing before the warranty wore out.
  • is t me or does not getting an extended warrenty on your 360 sound like a death wish
  • OneTBret said:
    I never had a broke system, lucky me :D . My launch PS2 still runs everything fine games, DVD's, & CD's.

And now I get a red ring for being so pompous. Lol.
  • My PS2 stopped reading games, I tried to open it and then it didn't even turn on. Had to buy a new one. My 360 is still fine... I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week