Gaming in Denial
  • In my review of Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster, I described a game that wasn't really good, but that I tried to convince myself was good anyway because I am such a fan of Jackie Chan.

Do any of you have a game like this? That is, one that you later realized was bad, but your love of the franchise, of the character, the story it was based on, etc., caused you to make excuses for the game?

I guess a good example of this would be Tobin's love of Ratchet. If they made a bad Ratchet game, would Tobin be more forgiving because it is, in fact, Ratchet?

Thanks,

thebgbb
  • I actually havn't had any situations like that because all of my favorite franchises have always had quality titles so no.
  • I think it's much more common to defend a game if it's on a console that you think is better but their are limitations no one would say Halo wasn't over hyped and no one would claim Haze was good, but I for one defend games not for what console or what franchise but for the game itself,

Take Resistance as a good example it's worse than COD 4 graphically the story in some mind isn't as good as cod 4's and the onlnie isn't AS fun but I prefer resistance because it's better and the dev's worked hard to add feature but cod 4 just was released no features no rumble(ps3) and no trophies despite resistance having rumble.

BTW I enjoy your videos
  • mrv321 said:

I prefer resistance because it's better and the dev's worked hard to add feature but cod 4 just was released no features

Wah?
  • army of two i thought that game was going to be awesome well i loved it the first time playing through with a friend but then just trying to get the achivements and playing it too much and how sorta bad it was just made it turn from awesome to never going near it

the reason was i played it too much in a short time withthe story being short and easy multiplayer shit it just started to tally up on me and turned into a terrible game that i just wanted to like so bad
  • Great Topic, I actually started thinking about this very thing after I saw your video. Noobie for the Ass juice guy!

Mine was the whole of the Sega CD system.

It took a long time for me to stop defending that piece of crap and it's awful awful library of games.

-Ray
  • I'm pretty honest to myself when I Know I just wasted money a piece of shit game. although maybe I'm a HL fanboy..nah opposing force/blue shift sucked
  • pokemon pearl. i knew it was a game for 5 year olds but that didn't stop me from finishing it and almost geting all the pokemon with out cheating (roughly 4 days worth of gametime)
  • Product #3

I bought it because of Viewtiful Joe´s advertisement of the game. At first I thought it was awesome, just to realize it SUCKED. Remember the D-pad from the gamecube controller? (yeah, go see it ) well, the attacks consisted in creating combos with the D-pad. It´s minimal!! So most of the time I pushed the wrong button and got really frustrated.
  • cooleo1208 said:
    Product #3

I bought it because of Viewtiful Joe´s advertisement of the game. At first I thought it was awesome, just to realize it SUCKED. Remember the D-pad from the gamecube controller? (yeah, go see it ) well, the attacks consisted in creating combos with the D-pad. It´s minimal!! So most of the time I pushed the wrong button and got really frustrated.

Wow, I had forgotten about this game. I used to call it P.D. #3 (Pole Dancer #3).

Oh well,

At least you had something nice to look at while the game gave it to you without lube.

-Ray
  • pocketmego said:
    [quote=cooleo1208]Product #3

Wow, I had forgotten about this game. I used to call it P.D. #3 (Pole Dancer #3).

Oh well,

At least you had something nice to look at while the game gave it to you without lube.

-Ray[/quote]

Now you know why I haven´t dumped this game :)
  • it took me a long time to realize that all tony hawk games are essentially the same.

i still love THPS2 though. that was a great game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week