can someone bring a NES and kickle to PAX?
  • We want to have a Noobtoob event where we take over a section of the "bring your own console" room and play through Kickle, beginning to end.

However, we need someone to bring a NES, and the kickle cartridge.

If someone can swear they're bringing a NES, I might even Ebay a copy of kickle. Let me know.
  • Added incentive: I'll buy a drink (alcoholic or not, depending on age) for the person who brings a NES.
  • i'll bring a nes but i don't have kickle...

...can you bring a nes on a plane as carry-on?
  • I'm not sure, but if that NES doesn't work too well I can bring mine.

The only problem is, I want to go to PAX, but I don't know where it's gonna be at.
    Can I have some help with location.
  • Bob_o_Ire said:
    I'm not sure, but if that NES doesn't work too well I can bring mine.

The only problem is, I want to go to PAX, but I don't know where it's gonna be at.
    Can I have some help with location.

Seattle, Washington
  • yeah my NES runs like new...sometimes you need the occasional blow, but what NES doesn't
  • Yeah, it'd be good to have a few backups in either case.

Yw
  • Veri7as said:
    i'll bring a nes but i don't have kickle...

Yes, but make sure they can plug it in.
  • Veri7as said:
    i'll bring a nes but i don't have kickle...

Veri7as, we're going to be counting on you. I can get Kickle off ebay. Will you definitely bring your NES?

We'll probably have an event on Friday night where we take over a "bring your own console" room and beat the shit out of Kickle.
  • Yeah, it'd be good to have a few backups in either case.

Yeah, about that. I was thinking it wasn't gonna be as far.
    Sorry, I can't provide a back up.
    (no comment required)

If PAX is ever in Chicago though, please let me know. :D
  • tobin said:
    [quote=Veri7as]i'll bring a nes but i don't have kickle...

Veri7as, we're going to be counting on you. I can get Kickle off ebay. Will you definitely bring your NES?

We'll probably have an event on Friday night where we take over a "bring your own console" room and beat the shit out of Kickle.[/quote]

Yeah i'll definitely bring it!!
  • Im not going PAX anymore :cry: :x :(

but i know that my friends still are i can send my NES with them if you still want a backup

it still works and i have got a multiple number of controls despite the fact this console only had two ports LoL and im sure getting it out to you wont be too much of a problem
  • HOW DID YOU GET KICKLE ON YOURE DS!!

I PLAY THE ROM!

WTF!l
  • Simple hacks/mods... though most of them are illegal. I play Pokemon on my PSP...
  • Since I can't go, I want you guys to ustream or record the kickle beatdown if possible so we can all watch at home.
  • xombie5 said:
    Since I can't go, I want you guys to ustream or record the kickle beatdown if possible so we can all watch at home.

YEEEAAAAHHH!!!
  • How about you guys get 2 NES and another copy of Kickle.

THEN Have a Team Completion Race to see who gets further and or beats the game first!
  • CerberusXD said:
    How about you guys get 2 NES and another copy of Kickle.

THEN Have a Team Completion Race to see who gets further and or beats the game first!

Holy shit...

That is fucking BRILLIANT!
  • Hell yeah, we'd love to. So far we have a copy of Kickle we bought off Ebay, but still need to make sure someone brings a NES. So far we have Veri7as, but a backup would be ideal.

Also, I'm hearing that there may not be a bring your own console room, so if any local can bring a TV as well, please respond here!
  • I actually have been using what he is showing off as it broke out about 2 weeks ago. It does work, and yes it is that easy. NES games right off your XMB. It exploits the BD-J function of a Blu Ray movie (the java based games).

What he doesn't tell you is that there is no sound and game saves are impossible to do. But yes, if you guys are in a pinch Kickle would work with this set up.
  • WhoIsPootieTang? said:
    I actually have been using what he is showing off as it broke out about 2 weeks ago. It does work, and yes it is that easy. NES games right off your XMB. It exploits the BD-J function of a Blu Ray movie (the java based games).

What he doesn't tell you is that there is no sound and game saves are impossible to do. But yes, if you guys are in a pinch Kickle would work with this set up.

Wow i am so glad that i clicked this thread now I just tried and it works :D
    Im playing the original Bionic Commando at right this moment :D

EDIT:Does anyone know if SNES roms will work as im a little cautious about trying it as i dont want a bricked PS3
  • It won't brick your PS3. It's treating it like a DVD. Your PS3 doesn't brick from trying to read HD-DVDs (for example) so it won't brick trying to do SNES.
  • oh yeah and its easy 2 get kickle and other games 4 the nes just go to this site i think you can use laptop aswell not sure

(ROM Link removed - Magenta)
  • Haze....edit your post.

Noobtoob can't have links to ROMS.

Instead just say use google. 2 week ban if a mod sees that.

J_Chip1691 said:
    EDIT:Does anyone know if SNES roms will work as im a little cautious about trying it as i dont want a bricked PS3

This is a NES emulator, so no. I'm sure a SNES emulator is just around the corner though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week