If you could make your ideal game, what would it be like?
  • I was thinking to my self, what if i could create my ideal game what would it like.
    You can join me in this, and to make it interesting let's do it without any borders to imagination. Just pretend that everything you can imagine can be made.

My ideal game would be an MMORPG the graphics would be mistakable with reality, and here is the twist, no controls, no interface nothing. The user joined the game using a device that allowed him to transfer his conscience to the game. Every progress every skill, every combo would be learned by the user straight into his memory. In combat the user would use every skill as if he learned it himself, because in this game the user would be the actual character. Of course having your conscience in the game would allow you totaly free movement in tha game, act as u like, explore the game to all its potential because you wouldnt be limited by the character virtual body.

Now lets hear your ideal game.
  • Basically, you are talking about Virtual Reality.
    I would want the Holodeck as we know it from Star Trek. That thing would have some programs, interactive stories, and games installed.
  • Plankton said:
    Basically, you are talking about Virtual Reality.
    I would want the Holodeck as we know it from Star Trek. That thing would have some programs, interactive stories, and games installed.

No
    Virtual reality doesnt transfer your conscience to the game, only shows stuff to you and lets you interact
    I'm talking about having your mind inside the game, and having all your progress stored in the brain directly. Hmmm, come to think of it it would b kinda like the matrix thingy, but without a bigass spike in your head. Looks unpleasent!
  • Mine would just be a MMORPG of life. Like GTA but have the ability to go into every house and see houses on your friends list in detail and instead of a little island it'd be the entire world with all cars/planes/boats and a first person view like mirrors edge with no hud.
  • Winsord said:
    Mine would just be a MMORPG of life. Like GTA but have the ability to go into every house and see houses on your friends list in detail and instead of a little island it'd be the entire world with all cars/planes/boats and a first person view like mirrors edge with no hud.

Kinda like a first person second life. I like the friends list part. Would be cool to visit the ppl in your friends list in their virtual homes.
  • Mine would have tons of puzzles and stuff in, be a first person adventure (not shooter, like metroid 3) and have a kick ass story, with multiple endings and multiple ways to get there.
  • lukey19 said:
    Mine would have tons of puzzles and stuff in, be a first person adventure (not shooter, like metroid 3) and have a kick ass story, with multiple endings and multiple ways to get there.

Multiple endings and paths is a great idea. I like it.
  • http://www.noobtoob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8023

Maxim said:
    If I ever make a game, I want it to be adventure heavy with an involving story, less of a focus on killing everything you see. A combat system where you have to think about how to defeat an enemy, rather than just attacking until they are hit (weak spots or something like that). A progressive increase in the player's abilities to navigate and interact with the environment (like Zelda or Metroid) i/e, obstacles early on in the game that can only be passed later on in the game. I'd also want to give the players a lot to do in their down-time, like Steambot Chronicles or Shenmue. Just little minigames inside the game, like arcades and perhaps side jobs. I'd also want to give the player the ability to rent and decorate an apartment where they could store their most prized possessions they've acquired during their adventure. Graphically, I'd want to avoid realistic, but I also wouldn't want fully cell shaded, I love soft shading with a sort of cartoony look. The environment would also need to be greatly diverse, encompassing many different architectural styles and climates within the game world, also including uniquely different cultures to go with them.
  • It's not the same topic maxim.. I did say no imagination limits.
  • I don't recall there being any imagination limits set up in that topic.
  • Maxim said:
    I don't recall there being any imagination limits set up in that topic.

Why would they?!
    But ppl wont think about taking that extra efford and imagining anything out of the ordinary if pl just say to think about a game.

And stop being annoying, we got moderators for that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week