Game Critics Awards
  • Okay nerds, grab your pens out of your pocket protector and start jotting down the games your going to be buying this year. E3's Game critics awards have been announced.

http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

List here:

Best of Show
    Fallout 3
    (Bethesda Softworks for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Best Original Game
    Mirror's Edge
    (DICE/Electronic Arts for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 36)

Best Console Game
    LittleBigPlanet
    (Media Molecule/Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation 3)

Best PC Game
    Spore
    (Maxis/EA)

Best Handheld Game
    Resistance: Retribution
    (Bend Studio/Sony Computer Entertainment for PSP)

Best Hardware/Peripheral
    Rock Band 2 Ion “Drum Rocker” Set
    (ION Audio/MTV Games for Xbox 360)

Best Action Game
    Gears of War 2
    (Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios for Xbox 360)

Best Action/Adventure Game
    Dead Space
    (EA Redwood Shores/EA for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Best Role Playing Game
    Fallout 3
    (Bethesda Softworks for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Best Racing Game
    Pure
    (Black Rock/Disney Interactive Studios for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Best Sports Game
    Madden NFL 09
    (Tiburon/EA for All Systems)

Best Fighting Game
    Street Fighter IV
    (Capcom for Arcade)

Best Strategy Game
    Tom Clancy’s EndWar
    (Ubisoft Shanghai/Ubisoft for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Best Social/Casual/Puzzle
    LittleBigPlanet
    (Media Molecule/Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation 3)

Best Online Multiplayer
    Left 4 Dead
    (Valve/EAP for PC, Xbox 360)

So, any comments? Personally I don't see any surprises here, except maybe TC's Endwar but only cause I expected Diseaga 3 to be there or some other slow paced game for Weeaboos. (not mentioning any names... atnegaM) ;)

On a interesting note, Spore grabbed an eigth award for an E3 all time record for awards recieved. However, considering how long it's been in production it's not really a surprise.
  • Hmm, no real surprises here, I don't really follow genres like strategy to have any expectations, but it's good to hear new IPs like Dead Space and the like are doing good.
  • For me I would have bumped Mirror's Edge to game of the show, but I suppose that's why there's a 'Best Original Game' award, to counteract the nostalgia eh? :)
  • WHERE IS WII SPORTS RESORT?

How could they overlook it? Oh, and am I the only one who isn't to excited about Little Big Planet? And Spore get's the record, hm... It looks good so I can't really complain.

I'm interested in the criteria that is used to be able to win these awards. Is there a minimum amount of footage that must be shown or something to be eligible?
  • im not surprised that endwar is stradegy game because after playing the beta it is very stratigical
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    WHERE IS WII SPORTS RESORT?

How could they overlook it? Oh, and am I the only one who isn't to excited about Little Big Planet? And Spore get's the record, hm... It looks good so I can't really complain.

I'm interested in the criteria that is used to be able to win these awards. Is there a minimum amount of footage that must be shown or something to be eligible?

I think you are the only person not excited about little big planet. The game looks and sounds amazing. Everyone that has laid hands on it has nothing but good things to say, and even the most proficient of gamers has said mastering the level building will take a LONG while. What's not to like other than overly cute sack boys and girls? (if that kinda thing doesn't appeal to you)

On the criteria, not sure. I would be interested in that as well, as well as who is on this board and there qualifications. I mean honestly if it's someone that doesn't garner much respect in the gaming community but has a degree in journalism than it's really not qualified process. But still, considering the 'victors', I would assume they are at least proficient in gaming knowledge.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week