Should turbo controllers cease to exist?
  • Basically i just want your opinion if you think that turbo controllers should stop being made or if you think they should keep making them. I personally think they need to stop making them because they can cheat people on online games such as DBZ: BL when you do a dragon rush and have to mash buttons as fast as you can, when your playing the WWE SVR games and your being pinned or trying to make someone else submit you also have to mash as many buttons as fast as possible. And these turbo controllers cheat out people online when you have to do these certain things or even some other things, i mean it ruins the whole point of this stuff, its like running a race with 1 leg thats broken, so anyway go ahead and give your opinions, i would like to see what everyone else thinks.
  • These controllers seem to be rarer than in the past. I still have an old Genesis controller with turbo buttons on it, but I haven't seen one for this generation's consoles.

They shouldn't be used in tournaments or local events where prizes or money is on the line, but in the end, it doesn't seem that serious to actually call for action against these products.
  • Turbo buttons aren't as common nowadays, but modded controllers are becoming more popular (unfortunately). One of the big mods is called a "lag switch" which on some games (like Gears of War) can cause a connection to lag a bit in order to get a kill faster than somebody else and also become invincible. This can really effect online play as its not an aimbot or something like that which can be easily detected by the game console or PC hardware/software.
  • Yeeaaahhh.... they should but..... they're rare now and, hell, people like em. They're cheap bastards...
  • demiveeman said:
    Turbo buttons aren't as common nowadays, but modded controllers are becoming more popular (unfortunately). One of the big mods is called a "lag switch" which on some games (like Gears of War) can cause a connection to lag a bit in order to get a kill faster than somebody else and also become invincible. This can really effect online play as its not an aimbot or something like that which can be easily detected by the game console or PC hardware/software.
    what the shit

that's fucking diabolical.
  • demiveeman said:
    Turbo buttons aren't as common nowadays, but modded controllers are becoming more popular (unfortunately). One of the big mods is called a "lag switch" which on some games (like Gears of War) can cause a connection to lag a bit in order to get a kill faster than somebody else and also become invincible. This can really effect online play as its not an aimbot or something like that which can be easily detected by the game console or PC hardware/software.

I've heard of these lag switch controllers, but I've never actually seen or experienced anyone using them before. However, just knowing that they're out there irritates me knowing that certain people must resort to cheating like this in online modes. :?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week