What is your favorite Co-op game?
  • Just basically name a game that you can play with friends that you thought was the most fun co-op game and explain why, and if you can try to stay away from the very obvious ones such as Halo and Gears of War to make this really intresting. One of my favorites was Lucky & Wild in the arcades, because it was fun to have your friend drive while you mowed down enemies
  • I have 3 actually...

one is the very first true co-op arcade game...Rip OFF.

Shown Here on the Vectrex...

In the arcade version you worked with a friend to protect your fuel cells.

Then there is one of the GREATEST games, as well as one of the greatest CO-OP games ever...

MARIO BROS.

And finally my favorite Co-OP game and one of my all time favorite games PERIOD....

JOUST!!!
    (seen here on the XBLA)

All 3 are fun as hell and all three are notable classics in the history of gaming.

-Ray
  • Crackdown I think as it is SOOOO fun throwing cars and scaling buildings with a friend, although gears comes close.
  • Starlancer Co-Op. Tried it with a friend so many times, but we died so quickly. After the 3rd or 4th mission. I dont know why.
    We went on to Freelancer, where, right after starting, we went for the Rheinland, and died...But it was still fun cause you could install loads of mods.
  • Gears, most definitely. The only thing I didn't like was the motherfucking driving part.
    Fuck kryll!
  • Zombies ate my neighbors was friggin awesome! still waiting for it on the VC.
  • I used to play a lot of co-op in Swat 4. Even though the game is not the best, it can be awesome with some friends, specially with the custom level options.

Diablo 2 too, don't need to say much.

I also enjoy playing RTS's (Warcraft 3, StarCraft, Supreme Commander) with friends against the AI (and if the AI sucks we put more enemies to keep the challenge) Not sure if this count as co-op thou.

Can't wait for Left 4 Dead :wink:
  • Bubble Bobble.
  • I have a few;

Kirby Super Star (SNES). I loved playing with friends on this game, especially since each one had unique rules and there were so many powers to work with.

Gears of War (360). It's already been mentioned. This was the first 360 game I ever played, and I had a lot of fun in co-op.
  • I've got 3 as well. All from the SNES era.

Contra III: Alien Wars
    TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
    Secret of Mana

Honorable mention would go to Goof Troop for the SNES. Great puzzle game that requires co-op play.
  • The free xbox arcade game Aegis Wing is tons of fun in a group.
    Not a very good game on it's own, and a bit hard without others, but I had three of my friends over and we had a huge blast. :]
  • Super C I guess. I never really play co-op.
  • I haven't really got one except Halo since I just got one, but I was wondering, and please don't get mad at me for posting this here,but can you play Gears of War Co-op online, right? Thanks, i couldn't find anthing that said that you can play it online and my friend and i don't know, so any help would be great, thanks.
  • Dracomaster01 said:
    I haven't really got one except Halo since I just got one, but I was wondering, and please don't get mad at me for posting this here,but can you play Gears of War Co-op online, right? Thanks, i couldn't find anthing that said that you can play it online and my friend and i don't know, so any help would be great, thanks.
    yeah you can play online co-op with a friend
  • gears, I loved that driving part with the krill-like bats...it was hard, but me and my friend were cursing and having a blast..

Halo is okay i guess, but it can get boring
  • Spiritkiller said:
    [quote=Dracomaster01]I haven't really got one except Halo since I just got one, but I was wondering, and please don't get mad at me for posting this here,but can you play Gears of War Co-op online, right? Thanks, i couldn't find anthing that said that you can play it online and my friend and i don't know, so any help would be great, thanks.
    yeah you can play online co-op with a friend[/quote]

oh, ok thanks for help

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week