Arcade Game Museum
  • Apparently at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria New York there is a wing dedicated to classic arcade games. I found this interesting...

What I liked best about it was the museum's understanding of how important gaming is to technological growth in the world. Technology doesn't advance in spite of games, it advances BECAUSE of games.

Seeing stuff like this makes me so happy.

-Ray
  • That is simply awesome. I definetly have to go there some time. :D
  • There was a traveling exhibit of old video games that was hitting a bunch of tech museums across the country in the late 90's. I saw it again at San Jose's Tech Museum a few years ago.

Anyone know if it's still hopping around? I forget the name, but it was _amazing_. I got to play an actual Computer Space (like you see in this video).

Excellent find as always PM!

Yw
  • yuzo said:
    There was a traveling exhibit of old video games that was hitting a bunch of tech museums across the country in the late 90's. I saw it again at San Jose's Tech Museum a few years ago.

Anyone know if it's still hopping around? I forget the name, but it was _amazing_. I got to play an actual Computer Space (like you see in this video).

Excellent find as always PM!

Yw

If there was such a thing hopping around, I'd certainly want to see it. I'd love to have a go on a real computer space, just once.

Thanks for the compliment, I'd say the same for this weeks episode...Fantastic Comic Con Coverage, sir!

-Ray

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week