Noobtoob Machinima???
  • Dude, we should totally make a Noobtoob Machinima. We should advertise the Noobtoob army for the machinima and we should use BF2 because.....well....army.....come on..........army???????BF2????...it goes together guys. We need voice actors too. Aww man. And we'll probably need a 64 player server wit 64 players. Tell me wat you guys think?Cuz i think its gonna be badass. Like totally ghetto.
  • not quite sure what a machinima is, if its a one of the red vs blue type things that would be way cool tell me if i'm right with my guess and if i am ad love to be involved.
  • Machinima is using games to make movies (in-game or ripping the stuff), and that's pretty it.
  • krnpimperX said:
    Dude, we should totally make a Noobtoob Machinima. We should advertise the Noobtoob army for the machinima and we should use BF2 because.....well....army.....come on..........army???????BF2????...it goes together guys. We need voice actors too. Aww man. And we'll probably need a 64 player server wit 64 players. Tell me wat you guys think?Cuz i think its gonna be badass. Like totally ghetto.

Oh man, that'd be sweet as hell.

I'd definitely be down for voice acting. Have you ever done any machinima before? I guess you'd want to script something out and then record people doing it, and then go back and drop a voice track on it.
  • If you guys are really interested, the best game would be either BF2 or H2. Both have great ways to capture video, as you see from the quality of red vs. blue. Also, check out http://www.machinima.com if you want to get some machinima going, as they have some tutorials and what-not on that site.

I'm not against battlefield 2. But from personal experience (by that I mean watching tons of machinima) H2 machinima looks way smoother, and looks way more professional, though there have been a view good BF2 ones, like the pwned life.

If you guys want to do it off a 360 game or a game on the 360 (cough*Halo 2*/cough), you'll need to buy a capture card. I think you can get a decent one for 100 bucks? Then once you have the video, for Halo 2, you simply need to cut off the top and bottom parts of the video, by cropping, and that gets rid of all the HUD, then using a weapons glitch, you can drop all your weapons, so you have an unobstructed camera view. God I'm excited! This will be sweet.

Besides that, I'd love to do some voice acting :P Being in a movie about noobtoob would rule.

OMGOMGOMG....!!!

I have a great idea! Lets create the video, and have tobin/yuzo/sloth create a flash intro to noobtoob, so that you get to watch the video before getting onto the main page! (An introduction :P)
  • Actually, I think Halo machinima really sucks. I think it would be cool to have the episode go through the games they talk about as they talk about them.
  • Omega, im with u about doing all sorts of games. Unfortunately i dont have a 360 so that will be up to u guys. I dont have a creative personality so somebody else might have to do the script.(This is only if anybody wants to do it) We could get Yuzo and Tobin as a a few of the voice actors. A lot of staging will probably be involved. We probably will need a teamspeak and/or ventrilo server for staging and stuff. And...i'm not good at editing so somebody else will have to sync up the voice and video. Probably, the most contribution that i will give is one of the actors in the Machinima(not voice actor, like part of the staging and head bobbing).
  • this thread seems old, but if we still are doing an machinima i would be in it CS is best for machinimas if u ask me
  • VGmasterpeter and myself founded a machinima production company. I've considered doing something to do with NoobToob, I'd need to discuss it with Tobin and Yuzo first, though.
  • We could do some awesome skits with this!
  • Well, if anyone has ideas feel free to PM me with them.
  • i'm down for voice acting some. a sample of my work:

Masahiro Sakurai
    http://media.putfile.com/Sakurais-Dementia
    (the latter half of this [from "boys and girls" on] has been granted the title of copypasta by /v/)
  • garry's mod would be a good idea
    Too bad i haven't bought it waiting for the patch
  • I VOTE STARSHIP TROOPERS PARODY.
    "I'm doing my part"
  • Maxim said:
    I VOTE STARSHIP TROOPERS PARODY.
    "I'm doing my part"
    i like this.
  • I'd be up for something like this. I watched all the episodes of Red vs Blue recently so I'd love to get involved.
  • Team fortress 2 would also be a good idea
  • Exmas and I will discuss the proper game to use, after we recieve some input from the NTA.
  • Whoa. Old topic!! Im glad some people like me. HAHAHA

I'm still up for a CS style. I dont have to be in it. BUT......... You can make it with a different game but.........
  • Lucien_Lachance said:
    [quote=Maxim]I VOTE STARSHIP TROOPERS PARODY.
    "I'm doing my part"
    i like this.[/quote]in fact, i'm going to ask that this not be used. i want to do my own thing with this.
  • I guess I can do some of the nonsense? *Cough* Yelling boot in face at random times :D
  • I wanna be a voice actor :D
  • yea voice actors good for me too

Synopsis on Games turned into machinimas:
    Garry's Mod: Pretty hard since, to make a garry's mod machinima good, you probably have to animate some of the ragdolls/characters and thats really hard to record
    Counter Strike: A really easy game to do it with.
    Battlefield(Anything): Harder to pull off but feels more epic to do it
    Halo: Trying to get the other gun out of your hand and the skull so you can lower your weapon takes practice
    Call of Duty 4: Idk. Havent played call of duty 4
  • I've used the Sims 2 before. Thats a good engine, allows for a LOT of customisation.
  • Counter strike hands down
  • halo, mainly because you can use forge to create your own variations.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week