Two Thumbs Up Games
  • Wiki Page Two Thumbs Up Games

It was just an Idea I had that it would be a cool way for people to look at a like of games that both yuzo and tobin think are really good

It would be a nce way to look at a list of game that are actually worth buying/renting/playing

At least for me I usually dont have much $ so when I do and I want to go rent or buy a new game to play I have to go back through some episodes to see what was given good reviews

I think this would be a great addition to the wiki and the site as a whole

It would be cool if it could be put in the list of things on the left side bar of the wiki mainpage

And It could have sub categories of Tobin Thumbs Up or Yuzo Thumbs Up for games that only one of them played or liked, this would be nice cause as you watch the show and play some of the games they are, and see their reactions you get to know which person you associate more with tobin or yuzo, (ex all RTS tobin hates, some RTS yuzo loves)

Anyway just an idea, Im gonna try and get on it but Im swamped with finals for the next couple weeks so itll be a while, if anyone wants to work on it Ill be happy to help when I have time.
  • Hey, that's a cool idea, man. I've noticed that problem too, we don't have any real index into game quality from the wiki page, you can't just see what games Yuzo and I really loved. It could be something as simple as making a new category, and then adding a Category tag to the bottom, like we do now with the type of game, like Category:PS2, I think.
  • yeah that would prolly be the easiest way, and then one of you could put a link for it on the left side bar witht the other important main pages.
  • BIG NEWS:

I finished making a wiki page with all the games from episode 1 to 38 with Two thumb up games. SO i finished getting all the games but the page doesn't look that good because I couldn't figure how to make the huge letters and stuff from other game review pages so PLZ mess around with it and make it look better. You can find the new page at Game revies catagory on the wiki and I posted the link.

Yay for me it took like an hour to find each game and copy the link down.
  • Here4TheChips said:
    BIG NEWS:

I finished making a wiki page with all the games from episode 1 to 38 with Two thumb up games. SO i finished getting all the games but the page doesn't look that good because I couldn't figure how to make the huge letters and stuff from other game review pages so PLZ mess around with it and make it look better. You can find the new page at Game revies catagory on the wiki and I posted the link.

Yay for me it took like an hour to find each game and copy the link down.

Woo, thanks for all the searching! I think the easiest way to do this would be to go through all of the games in that list you created and add a new category "Two Thumbs Up" to each page. That way we can just make a category page to point to all of them, and new ones will pop up as people find them. Every new episode someone can go through the games and easily mark them as "Two Thumbs Up", and not have to update any other pages..

http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Two_Thumbs_Up_Games

Yw
  • FINISHED:

I finished making Two Thumbs up into a category with all 47 games and now you can link it to whatever page you want.

Your Welcome
  • Here4TheChips said:
    FINISHED:

I finished making Two Thumbs up into a category with all 47 games and now you can link it to whatever page you want.

Your Welcome

Wow, thanks, man! Great work!
  • News: Since I have made the two thumbs up category I haven't changed the Master Game Template until now, so whoever is adding new games to the wiki plz edit the game template your using so there is the category two thumbs up as a category so I don't have to go in later and edit the game pages. So everyone thas helping on the wiki good job.

Definition of a Two Thumbs Up Game: Game that doesn't have a thumbs down.

So If you find a game that meats this defintion that I missed feal free to add the internal link "Category:Two Thumbs Up"
  • Thanks for the props in episode 41 I appreciate it. :D

I was thinking it would be easier for wither Yuzo or Tobin to breafly go over the games list, then having a noob like me listening to every podcast trying to figure out if you actually gave it a thumbs up or down because you guys played the game and remember the experience and so it would be helpful if one of you just go look down the list and say "Wait I hated that game" and then take away it having the category of Two Thumbs Up.

So if you have a couple of minutes just go over so we can have it as a great game list.
  • Here4TheChips said:
    Thanks for the props in episode 41 I appreciate it. :D

I was thinking it would be easier for wither Yuzo or Tobin to breafly go over the games list, then having a noob like me listening to every podcast trying to figure out if you actually gave it a thumbs up or down because you guys played the game and remember the experience and so it would be helpful if one of you just go look down the list and say "Wait I hated that game" and then take away it having the category of Two Thumbs Up.

So if you have a couple of minutes just go over so we can have it as a great game list.

Not to worry I got that all sorted out, I'll update the wiki as soon as I hear back from them.
    Anyways Cya

TRFS

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week