Idea for forums
  • Would it be possible to put links at the bottom of each topic to link back to the forum you're viewing the topic in? SOmething similar to "NooBTooB Forum » Off-Topic Discussion » Post a New Topic" that is at the top of the page.
  • Umm.. Isn't that a little pointless?
  • Don't you find it a little annoying when you're reading the posts in a topic and have to scroll back to the top of the page to go back to the main forum?
  • Umm.. not really.. i just hit back... lol..
  • I have to agree It would be nice to have the Noobtoob forum >> Off-topic Discussion>> Post a reply at the bottom of the page also, not a nessecity though, its stillawesome the way it is, plus tobin and yuzo dont have tons of free time they have jobs and lives, so I say what there is now is fine unless they want to put in the time, cause they agree
  • There is a little arrow on the bottom right hand corner of the layout. If you click that, you instantly go to the top~
  • hey guys um i was wonderin if its feesable to increase the size of ur avatars to like 100 kb instead of the 29 i think it is
    it could lead to alot more expression and some much cooler avatrs just a suggestion i thaught id share
  • Bowdo said:
    hey guys um i was wonderin if its feesable to increase the size of ur avatars to like 100 kb instead of the 29 i think it is
    it could lead to alot more expression and some much cooler avatrs just a suggestion i thaught id share

I dunno, I've seen some of the huge atrocious animating avatars on other boards and would be very happy not to go down that road if possible..

Sometimes there's a certain freedom in limits, it gives ya an incentive to be creative :)

Yw
  • yeah like my sweet homestar collage,

SB emails are the shit
  • I used to do some BBS DnD Gaming a few months back on a huge site. They had similar requests all the time dating back to when they first started. the problem with bigger sizes allowed isn't really seen until later on. Each time someone uploads a picture from there computer, the server does just that... uploads the picture. With 100 people and ignoring the inactive it's no big deal. But when you get to the thousands you have tons of space lost on a really non-essential feature.

Sure it would be fine if the world was free, but webspace is not free. Imagine if there is 1000 people and that 20% are active. you would have about 4 MBs of stored pictures for people that aren't active. That isn't including people that change there avatars or the active people. 4MB's isn't much, but when you have limited space you take all you can get.

In other words your asking to triple the amount of space needed for avatar pictures. Personally I will take an extra audio file or two of Tobin and Yuzo doing there thing. But, thats just my preference :D
  • hey i was only wondering like if u had tonns of free space on ur web servers or sumthin
    i dont midn ill just have to make em smaller

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week