Controllers..?
  • Just wondering if anyone can remember any of the insanely bad controllers that have come out in the past history of gaming.

I think think the worst one made was the controller for the Jaguar.

Funny how the 360 controller along with the new keyboard attachment, looks oh so familiar.

Anyone remember or own any worse?

Oz

I apologize if the picture size is a bit to big.

• to be honest i always think nintendo controllers are insane cause they always change vs xbox's ginormas controllers i can never hold effectively
  • Totally unofficial, but back in the day my brothers and I had this piece of crap for the N64:
    The Makopad, an incredibly cheap attempt to graft the N64's controller into a more traditional bident format.

(Sorry about the tiny pic, it was the largest I could find).
  • I dont know what the worst controller is but i really liked the N64 controllers
    These were the shit back in the day..
    hey... they are still the shit today
    Simple and Light
  • I would contest that they weren't that great. Sure, they introduced the world to the analogue stick, but it wasn't a very good one that would leak its lubricant dust after a few weeks and eventually became completely useless. The whole trident thing wasn't really a very good idea either. Not a bad controller, certainly, but quite a few faults.
  • ahh well man... Thats what you think isn't it..
    Your intitled to that..
    but i still think they are cool...
    I was going to say the Sega Megadrive or Super Nintendo Controllers..
    But they are basically... a D-pad and 3-4 other buttons..
    This gave you some other buttons. which means...better gameplay.
    more shit to do.
  • Anyone else remember these POS controllers? Yah, its probably way before most of you were even born but I remember being a kid trying to play a game with this abomination.

The buttons that mattered were on the side.. the direction pad is that disk-thing it worked like crap.. and to top it off the keypad!

Games would come with little plastic inserts that you put over the keys so you'd know what they did but half the time you didnt have the insert or it broke/ripped or while gaming you would push a button and the thing would twist up.

• Yeah i had an intellevision too as a kid, I would just play with like pretending it was a phone and stuff cuz it got boring after i played all three of the shitty games i had for it.
  • Blaze said:
    Just wondering if anyone can remember any of the insanely bad controllers that have come out in the past history of gaming.
    Funny how the 360 controller along with the new keyboard attachment, looks oh so familiar.

Well, I really think the 360 is the best controller out. It improved on the others while keeping a familiar layout, and the keyboard attachment is actually really nice.
  • Sirch said:
    Anyone else remember these POS controllers? Yah, its probably way before most of you were even born but I remember being a kid trying to play a game with this abomination.

The buttons that mattered were on the side.. the direction pad is that disk-thing it worked like crap.. and to top it off the keypad!

Games would come with little plastic inserts that you put over the keys so you'd know what they did but half the time you didnt have the insert or it broke/ripped or while gaming you would push a button and the thing would twist up.

My friend has one of those. He doesn't seem to believe me that they're part of an actual console. He thinks it was an unofficial console and was never licensed.
  • Dude, Utopia on the Intellivision was the best game ever.

I spent _hours_ playing that as a kid. I mean, come on, it's the first head to head RTS ever made. :)

Yw - but yes, the controllers were absolute ass.
  • Well, I really think the 360 is the best controller out. It improved on the others while keeping a familiar layout, and the keyboard attachment is actually really nice.

I agree on all levels. 360 does indeed have the best non 3rd party controller. Personally i think all 3rd party controllers are crap. Also the keyboard attachment is very nice, i love it. I hated only having, what was it 30 seconds, to send a voice message on LIVE. and i dread on screen keyboards. The keyboard attachment is hands down my favorite add-on for the 360. I use it like theres no tomorrow, but now i find myself hitting the character limit. lmao :shock:

Oz
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    Totally unofficial, but back in the day my brothers and I had this piece of crap for the N64:
    The Makopad, an incredibly cheap attempt to graft the N64's controller into a more traditional bident format.

(Sorry about the tiny pic, it was the largest I could find).

Oh man, I had those same controllers for my N64 and hated them. The analog sticks have came off of all of them and is just the metal sticking up now.
  • wth that controller looks weird

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week