IRON GAMER CHALLENGE: Guitar Hero 2 on 360
  • That's right motherbitches, it's time for another IRON GAMER CHALLENGE, and this time it's Guitar Hero II on the Xbox 360.

http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Guitar_Hero_II_Battle

I just fought through hordes of white trash to get my guitar hero action at Walmart at midnight, and hence I have the honor of getting the first achievement points on the Battle page.

I've already got 60 points, and I'm gonna go back and play some more after I post this.

Go grab the game and join in!
  • AH DUN EVEN HAV IT!!!11

Yet, I didn't participate in the Crackdown challenge until a few days in, and I schooled some noobs...

However, I have two guitar controllers just sitting there, doing nothing. I DO NOT WANT A THIRD.
  • Be gentle with me. I'm picking it up today after work, and it'll be my...gasp...first time playing it. The first one went by and I considered it, then the 2nd one came out of PS2 and I was all like no thanks...360. So, yeah. It'll be my first time and I will not win this, but I'm looking forward to just havin good times with all of you. :)

I hope it's great!

EDIT:

Well, on my lunch break at work, I picked it up...with tax ended up crippling me to about $100...You guys had better not have led me astray. :)

Excited to get the fuck home and get started!
  • it's a shame i don't ave a 360 havin it on the PS2 4 3 months mite ave gave me an edge. o well. AAAAAHHHHH
  • I'll probably pick it up in the next week or two, but won't have time for an iron gamer challenge.

Why?

I'm going to actual rock concerts* instead, because I'm more hardcore than the rest of y'all!

Assuming you think Xiu Xiu is rock, which is entirely debatable...
  • I can't join in either, I'm not getting my 360 until the 30th so I'll have it then, so if this IGC lasts for 4 weeks then sure, I'll join.
  • Woot me and tobin TIED its on Tobin
  • What a bunch of whiners some of you are. This game rules, and like 15 of you said you'd get it on the poll last week. :)

I am BACK ON TOP:

1. Tobin (Tobin00) - 140
    2. Madcatmk02 - 100
    3. Ralikai (Ralikai) - 70
    4. junky360 (junky360) - 0

Come and get me, bitches!
  • Ok, ok. I have never played a game like this before and I have only really had a little go at the dancing games as well. Does being musically inclined help at all or is the game designed so that anyone can pick it up and get good at it?

I am not sure what it is like in the states but the Australian release was today and the bundle only comes with a WIRED guitar! WTF!?
    Aparently the Wireless Guitar will be available mid May here but will not be in a bundle. F'ing Microsoft.

Just release the bastard with a Wireless Guitar, in a bundle and be done with it. So the Wired bundle is $160AUD; the game by itself is about $109-119 AUD; and the wireless Guitar will be $79AUD when it comes out. So I think I am going to wait a bit. Either way I go I am going to want the Wireless Guitar
  • Hey, the game is pretty good.

I think it helps that I'm a musician...a lot of the game just 'makes sense' and I don't have to wrap my head around some of the techniques, cos it's all obvious.

I love it though. Love it!

Nice burn on poor Junky360, Tobin...puttin him down with 0...hee hee.
  • OMG I AM SO PISSED! I was supposed to get GH2 the day it came out but my dad said that he has a friend that can save me like $40 or $50 bucks on it but I have to wait till Moday to get it! I'm going to be so far behind in the Iron Gamer Challenge but at least one of my good friends is letting me play the game at my his house so at least I can play it!
    GH2 ftw!
  • Heh. I'm catching up. It's slow going, as today after work was only the second time I've played GH period.

You'll pull ahead when you start getting into the achievements I can't even dream of hitting anytime soon. But.. it's all for fun, right.
  • Oooh, Ralikai is right on my tail. And Yuzo got back from Vegas today and picked up the game, I can see he's hard at work playing as I speak. It's shaping up to be an epic battle!

1. Tobin (Tobin00) - 180
    2. Ralikai (Ralikai) - 130
    3. Madcatmk02 - 100
    4. Sunflower4000 (Sunflower4000) - 90
    5. diabloslayer133 (diabloslayer133) - 70
    6. junky360 (junky360) - 0
  • tobin said:
    Oooh, Ralikai is right on my tail. And Yuzo got back from Vegas today and picked up the game, I can see he's hard at work playing as I speak. It's shaping up to be an epic battle!

Oh snap, I take the lead with 220 with my first night playing. In your face Tobin!

http://noobtoob.com/wiki/Guitar_Hero_II_Battle

You all have no chance, I am the GH2 Mastah!

I love the career leaderboards and scoreboards for every song. We'll have to set up how many songs people have #1 in amongst the noobtoobers out there.

Yw
  • Oh Tobin Yuzo is beating you and there is a bunch of smack 8) If only I had a 360 a love Guitar Hero 2 for PS2 and with Achievments :twisted: Plus as soon as I got Guitar Hero 2 I beat Medium on the first day and started onall the Hard songs. Anyone have fun in the IGC while I save up for a 360.

P.S. Tobin get back in the lead
  • Here4TheChips said:
    Oh Tobin Yuzo is beating you and there is a bunch of smack 8) If only I had a 360 a love Guitar Hero 2 for PS2 and with Achievments :twisted: Plus as soon as I got Guitar Hero 2 I beat Medium on the first day and started onall the Hard songs. Anyone have fun in the IGC while I save up for a 360.

P.S. Tobin get back in the lead

Yeah, I'm working on it.

While Yuzo and I were battling, a new champion leapfrogged us!

I was out at a pub tonight with some friends so I lost valuable hours of guitar time. Hopefully I can get back in the game!

1. Gr4ffik (Gr4ffik) - 290
    2. Tobin (Tobin00) - 240
    3. Yuzo (StabInFace) - 220
    4. Sunflower4000 (Sunflower4000) - 170
    5. Ralikai (Ralikai) - 130
    6. SmokestormX (SmokestormX) - 120
    7. diabloslayer133 (diabloslayer133) - 120
    8. Madcatmk02 - 100
    9. Matt16001 (Matt16001) - 0
    10. junky360 (junky360) - 0
  • Damnit, was only able to tie with Gr4ffik at 290. He's still online though so may be able to get past mine whilest I sleep.

I think I'll try and finish and five star medium next, should be pretty easy, might even get that 300K achievement and/or 500 note streak if I play my cards right.

It's ON!

Yw
  • Finally landed over here in the UK yesterday by the way, hope some people picked it up becuase now its easter coming up shops will be shut.

Anyway i've sure you've noticed i'm clawing my way to the top, you guys might have a 2day lead but i've already dealt with sunflower4000, just a few ahead now... though I'm pretty certain i'll need a new hand well before the iron gamer challenge is over.

1.Yuzo (StabInFace) - 290
    2.Gr4ffik (Gr4ffik) - 290
    3.Tobin (Tobin00) - 260
    4.SmokestormX (SmokestormX) - 220

Since i didnt play the PS2 versions i think i'm doing pretty well... the only thing that might stop me from winning is my girlfriend demanding goes every X minutes.
  • FINALLY i'm off grounding time to play catch up on my B-day no less i'm gonna catch up Yuzo ><
  • Madcatmk2 said:
    FINALLY i'm off grounding time to play ketchup on my B-day no less i'm gonna catch up Yuzo ><</div>

Bring it! I'll be putting in some serious time this weekend so I'll take all challengers.

Man, I love achievements.

Yw
  • Woot Did some serious dmg today caught up with TOBIN
  • Madcatmk2 said:
    Woot Did some serious dmg today caught up with TOBIN

Not so fast, sir. :)

Tobin (Tobin00) - 360
    Yuzo (StabInFace) - 290
    Gr4ffik (Gr4ffik) - 290
    Madcatmk02 - (Madcatmk02) 260
    SmokestormX (SmokestormX) - 230
    diabloslayer133 (diabloslayer133) - 190
    Sunflower4000 (Sunflower4000) - 170
    Ralikai (Ralikai) - 130
  • tobin said:
    [quote=Madcatmk2]Woot Did some serious dmg today caught up with TOBIN

Not so fast, sir. :)

Tobin (Tobin00) - 360
    Yuzo (StabInFace) - 290
    Gr4ffik (Gr4ffik) - 290
    Madcatmk02 - (Madcatmk02) 260
    SmokestormX (SmokestormX) - 230
    diabloslayer133 (diabloslayer133) - 190
    Sunflower4000 (Sunflower4000) - 170
    Ralikai (Ralikai) - 130[/quote]

YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD KAIBA !

sorry had to be done
  • Damn I can't wait to get this. I'm getting it on monday and I can't wait. (Although i don't even have a 360 lol). I just got done 5 starring all the songs on expert on the ps2 version and now it sucks that i have to do it again on the 360 version lol. I'll be getting all the achievement very soon...except the coop ones.
  • XDeAtHX said:
    Damn I can't wait to get this. I'm getting it on monday and I can't wait. (Although i don't even have a 360 lol). I just got done 5 starring all the songs on expert on the ps2 version and now it sucks that i have to do it again on the 360 version lol. I'll be getting all the achievement very soon...except the coop ones.

Lol, I'm getting my Guitar hero 2 on Monday too! Ill get most of the acheivments but not the harder ones like complete expert and for co-op my brother is also getting a uitar controller so i'll get those done quickly!
  • Somehow I have 310. Go figure.

Thunderhorse bass is awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week