How did you find NoobToob ?
  • In light of NoobToob`s recent success in becomming more and more noticed I deceided to make this simple poll to see how people have discovered NoobToob .
    Perhaps with this insight Yuzo and Tobin could focus their advertising efforts into a specific type to attract even more people and help grow the community .

Commenting is optional, but please vote in the poll .
  • tobin told me about it
  • Came in through destructoid.
  • I saw it in the featured section on YouTube, which is strange because it's probably the first time I ever used the featured section!
  • loooong time ago around episode 6, I found it on my own.
  • I had Dream in which God himself told me to go on noobtoob.com and post stuff to scare his youngest creations into worshiping him.
    im talking crap i found it on youtube.
  • Whoever voted for the last option has got to be lying. :)
  • I knew Tobin back in college, and he was hyping up the site all over so I decided to check it out.

Also, holy hell, it's like the forums just exploded in the past few days. This is crazy.
  • Not too surprisng so far, we've been getting _hammered_ from youtube referrals lately.

Based on stats, our little mention in Destructoid a few months back gave us a nice bump, but since then our subscribership has been trickling upwards little by little. This all changed once we hit Youtube.

Our hope is that at some point there'll be enough people to form critical mass so that everthing just grows organically and we don't need to rely on big breaks like hitting the video games page of youtube. Of course, getting to the front page of digg or being featured on itunes can't hurt.. :)

Anyone have any interesting ideas to get the word out more?
  • yuzo said:

Anyone have any interesting ideas to get the word out more?

Wander into gaming cafes and tell random people to go to noobtoob.com, or just ask the people working there to tell people for you. And get a few posters too maybe for the places.

EDIT: Although that's not really an "interesting" idea, you could walk around town and punch someone in the face and scream "NOOBTOOB MOTHERFUCKER!" and then hand them a poster so they'll spell it right when they type it into their browser.
  • alankel said:

EDIT: Although that's not really an "interesting" idea, you could walk around town and punch someone in the face and scream "NOOBTOOB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Interestingly enough, I do this all the time and people just don't seem to appreciate it very much.

NOOBTOOB MOTHERFUCKER!
  • I accidentally clicked on it when trying to browse through youtube's gaming section :o
  • I was surfing through youtube for "lost planet". I saw a vid of these two guys yappin' about gaming. I subscribed after that.
  • i was just randomly searching youtube until i found the noob toob video, then immediately searched itunes for it
  • The second time id ever been on youtube I was still slowly working my way through the posts and came across one of your episodes, 23 I think, watched it loved it, went to noobtoob.com, and watched the other video episodes, and have since then been working my way through all of the previous audio only episodes. Just recently got on the forums though, cause I am an idiot and dint even realize you had them, They are placed so unobtrusively at the top I totally missed them, and only found out from repeted statement in the episodes about the red link at the top lol

Also Alankel's post about hitting people in the face is awesome, I am definetly gonna do that to my old roomate, who is a huge game'r, watch out now

Possible thing to scream at a prospective member:

I'm NOOBTOOB bitch yeaaahhhaa
  • I ate a baby, and the baby's blood dripped on the floor spelled out "Noobtoob"
  • TvJesse said:
    I ate a baby, and the baby's blood dripped on the floor spelled out "Noobtoob"

HOLY SHIT
    btw i found noobtoob on youtube :D
    was watching a video and it was in the related video section
  • Lmao!
    "I just happened to type in noobtoob.com"

I'm guilty of youtube :(.
  • i was looking for newboobs but i was drunk when i typed it
  • blakfingernail said:
    i was looking for newboobs but i was drunk when i typed it

good one
  • From Youtube under games Cat.
    Anyways Cya
  • I forget. I think God kind of put me here..o.o
  • Just so happen to run across your video on youtube, was just looking around for some game videos
  • Noobtoob from Youtube.

Oh, and i guess its time for this " War. War never changes. The end of the world came pretty much as we had predicted. Too many people, not enough space or resources to go around." Think it's something like that, havent played it for about a year though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week