NoobToob Machinima (version 2)
  • I was starting to get _annoyed_ at the old thread. New members where coming in and asking questions that had Peter and I had already answered many times. So after asking a Moderator, I've created a new thread

So, I've pulled a list of questions asked in the topic. Please don't ask us again.

What engine are you guys using

Team Fortress 2. With one or two live action scenes by Tobin and Yuzo (if they are able too)

Are you CRAZY!?!?!? I tried that shit once with my clan, we had almost no commitment, but that still makes me an expert on the subject

Listen, Peter and I have been gaming together for almost 3 years, working on various projects, working on various screenplays, we have been around in the Machinima community for a while now. Even though we haven't released a film yet, we've been working for these past years, making sure that we're going to do a great job, when we do go into production (..which we did, back in December) Please trust us on the matter.

I want to film/ write/ edit

As I've said before, we've been in the machinima community for over 3 years, and during that time, we have founded a small production team, with each member being highly talented in their field. While we appreciate such enthusiasm from the community, such key parts of the project will be handled by us.

That being said though, I am always open to suggestions with plot lines and/ or jokes to use (special thanks to Jam Enslaver on that one) Preferably, if you guys have an idea, or a screenplay written that you think is good enough to use. Send it to my Machinima email address, which is [email]exmascarroll@yahoo.com[/email] . By sending me the screenplay, you are giving me permission to edit anything you have written to fit it into the storyline, as I can't guarantee that what you send to me will be able to be fitted into the final screenplay in it's entirety; you will be credited if anything does make it into the final screenplay.

Can I voice act? Can you add me as a charactor

Once again, no promises.. If I feel you are a well respected member of the community then you'll probably be featured as a charactor (In the first draft so far (about 5 pages into it) I already have Jam, Locke and Sunflower 4000 as charactors)

Can you voice act in the project? Of course you can, send an email to the address posted above with a voice file, if you haven't in the last topic. Make sure to have your user name somewhere in the email with a subject of "Noobtoob machinima", so I don't assume that it's some spammer trying to infect my rig.

Can you give us plot details

Sure, basically, we join Tobin and Yuzo in the "real world" at the end of a recording of the latest Noobtoob episode, they finish and receive an email stating that they were nominated for a "Podcast of the Year" award. After opening the email they are warped into cyberspace and left to die in Team Fortress 2 (a plan by the "Evil Corparation" (IGN)) It's down to the community (led by Jam, Locke and Sunflower) to save them before Tobin and Yuzo are killed by Noobs in-game.*

I feel this post has gone on _way_ too long, and I must be nearing 700 words..

If you guys have anymore questions, let me know and I'll update this post.

And please.. to save everyone the same headache caused by the last thread, please don't ask the same questions 5 or 6 times.

Thanks,

ExmasCarroll.

*just an idea right now, subject to change..
  • SORRY To ask questions but do I have to submit a link If I was already confirmed in the old thread
  • And, with the first reply. The nightmare begins... again.

...if you haven't in the last topic...

Does that answer your question..?
  • I just wish you guy's good luck. I can't help you in any way but to cheer for you. Hope that it rock's man.
  • What models will you be using for Tobin and Yuzo?
  • If you need me for anything, Exmas, I can give it a try, including voice acting and various outsourcings of production elements.
  • raskit said:
    What models will you be using for Tobin and Yuzo?

In the first scene they are both soldier class, which will change every few scenes to suit a joke seen in the second scene.
  • Can I edit?
  • I will voice act but i dont have team fortress 2 for the pc so im not sure if i can just voice act and you can record it from skype
  • Meta said:
    Can I edit?

[quote]I want to film/ write/ edit

As I've said before, we've been in the machinima community for over 3 years, and during that time, we have founded a small production team, with each member being highly talented in their field. While we appreciate such enthusiasm from the community, such key parts of the project will be handled by us. [/quote]

Please read my post before you ask questions

ajconst said:
    I will voice act but i dont have team fortress 2 for the pc so im not sure if i can just voice act and you can record it from skype

Okay, that's fine.
  • If this comes together and you have a script and what not for us, I think Yuzo and I would be more than happy to film a live action scene for you guys to drop in. The hard part is mostly thinking of things to film, if you've already done that part, we can record it. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week