How often do you come across girls gamers.
  • the only time i came across a girl gamer was when i was playing texas hold em and some guy was being a complete idiot and was giving her a hard time. so i invited everybody to a private match. so she sent me a friend request and thanked me, and we have been i have been playing games with her ever since.
  • This girl that I talk to now is a girl gamer. She's of course not very hardcore, I bought her The Sims and Silent Hill Origins...but she makes me play Origins cause its too "scary" for her. This chick loves to just come over and watch me play games...its random, like most chicks hate them, but if i'm like "I'm playing Devil May Cry" shes like "Im on my way over!" lol. Plus she made me and her on the sims and shes like "yeah your sim asked to marry me...so we're now married"...im like "um...exciting?"
  • Ho11oWxxMaN said:
    This girl that I talk to now is a girl gamer. She's of course not very hardcore, I bought her The Sims and Silent Hill Origins...but she makes me play Origins cause its too "scary" for her. This chick loves to just come over and watch me play games...its random, like most chicks hate them, but if i'm like "I'm playing Devil May Cry" shes like "Im on my way over!" lol. Plus she made me and her on the sims and shes like "yeah your sim asked to marry me...so we're now married"...im like "um...exciting?"

someone sounds like there in there ;)
  • yeah...funny thing is she started acting more like that after we had sex...you know how you get the "marriage" talk with a girl...it was like a marriage Sims talk...which is twice as bad, because I hate that damn game. Im not even dating the chick, lol....but yeah a girl who games is extremely hot.
  • to be completley honest ive never seen a "hot" gamer chick. most have been greesey, spotty or worse....taller than i am...grrrg....and i totally agree the sims games should be made to play eachother as punishment for being made....
  • Haha I agree with you 100 percent, most girl gamers i've met in life were...kinda weird. Thats why when this one said she loves them...my jaw hit the floor in disbelief because she is really hot...granted, she doesn't really play, and enjoys to just watch..she's like "I have a thing for nerds"...sometimes you just luck out I guess, haha.
  • well i salute you my friend, you landed a good'un there.
  • haha yeah...her redeeming quality is she plays Kingdom Hearts II :)
  • mate. good game! couldn't put it down
  • Yeah, KH is a great game, and Lucien, that comic is so true in most cases, lol.
  • Get off that... Cilia is our resident female gamer and she's my favorite :wink:
  • While Luciens comic is generally pretty accurate, I do know a few local girl gamers that break that mould but not nearly enough. I think it may depend on where you live and what sorts of crowds you hang around in that ultimately decide who you know, I've noticed that alot more people in general around where I live are gamers, so naturally, the number of girl gamers rise as their friends or partners introduce them to gaming. When visiting other places the number of gamers seems to drop, so, likewise, so do the numbers of female gamers. SCIENCE.
  • hmmmm I come across girl gamers about 5% of the time im online. Girls don't really like games much for some reason. They perfer talking about us and random things that went down in school. :)
  • lol

its funny how different males and females actually are but we attract eachother. i suppose we ,as men, like gaming because geneticly(sp?) we are fustraited, we are supposed to be hunter gathering, so we like to take on another personality who actually is doing such a thing. Wether its blowing up aliens to building an empire.
  • Why would there be a large number of girl gamers if the general population of guy gamers verbally abuse them? You've already made it clear that girl gamers don't play "real" games and we all look like Lucien's picture.

I think if the gaming community was more acceptable of girl gamers you'd see more of them online playing the "real" games versus the friendlier casual games. I know on Halo and many of the multiplayer games, a girl gamer will just remain silent as not to be taunted by fellow players.

I would hope the members of this community would be more mature regarding this issue and would try to encourage more girls to come gamers rather than make jokes. I for one appreciate the great group of NoobToobers I've been playing with recently. It doesn't seem to matter to them that I'm a girl. Rather I'm a gamer like them.

Kuddos to bigtyme560 for treating a lady as such.
  • Yeah, a gamer is a gamer. Don't be so shocked if a girl plays games. It doesn't matter. If you're having trouble knowing how to act around girls in games, you're gonna have a REAL hard time going through life :)
  • Mmm, a gamer is gamer.... it shouldn't matter what sex they are.

If I were female, after about 10 minutes of a Halo match I would swear off using a mic and perhaps go so far as to just quit the hardcore gaming scene altogether. I really have to hand it to you females out there who are brave enough to take that crap.... I'm sick enough of all the racist comments, swearing, etc that I have to deal with on Live, but adding in derogatory comments towards my sex would piss me off.

In regards to the image most males get when they think of a female who games, do I have to remind you that there are many more males who are also physically unattractive?

You know, I'd like to know why this whole physical appearance crap matters so much to some of you guys. Maybe I'm just a minority, but when I game it doesn't really matter to me what you look like, the only thing that matters is if you're a cool person whose fun to play with.

I'd like to think that Noobtoob is a safe haven for not only female gamers, but any type of gamer to come and just be them self.... this thread makes me question this.... sadly.

Hmmm, in the words of a man much wiser then myself "You can see the utopia, you just can't reach it.... yet."
  • Gameshark said:
    Mmm, a gamer is gamer.... it shouldn't matter what sex they are.

If I were female, after about 10 minutes of a Halo match I would swear off using a mic and perhaps go so far as to just quit the hardcore gaming scene altogether. I really have to hand it to you females out there who are brave enough to take that crap.... I'm sick enough of all the racist comments, swearing, etc that I have to deal with on Live, but adding in derogatory comments towards my sex would piss me off.

All right, time to creep out the entire population of the NT. If you think that is shocking, your insane. I used to Roleplay through AoHell way back in the day when 56k was still considered fast. 3 things come to mind when I think of difficult in acting and that is successfully (I mean believably) playing the role of the opposite sex, evil personified, or just plain bat shit crazy. Well I attempted to RP a girl over the internet in a game world called Rhydin.

A roommate helped by playing her twin sister, and to make a long story short. Women get accosted 24-7 by men. My profile was made to be as a women, and quite honestly that is all that mattered. Anytime I signed on I got spammed some pretty weird shit that shocks even me. It's like Chris Rock said, ever since a girl was 13 guys have been doing everything they can for her followed with the phrase "Want some dick with that?"

Now the creepy part is, a good amount of them didn't care I was a guy when they found out. They only wanted an illusion. Ewwwe. So keep that in mind, guys are disturbing without anonymous shrouds. They are downright disgusting with them.

So keep in mind that when your harrassing a girl online, that not only are you not the first person to do it, but your also not the most original. In fact you more often than not, don't even register as a blip on their radar. In fact your rather timid display has already been described at least a dozen times, and if you happen to do something original; she has already been subjected to much worse.

Girl gamers? Yeah of course they exist, but the after a few session online through any medium, women just don't tell you unless they are really craving the attention. They know what your going to say, and they know what your going to ask.

Want to impress a girl online? Talk to her like she was one of your friends after you know she's a girl.
  • wtrswoopes said:
    [b]Why would there be a large number of girl gamers if the general population of guy gamers verbally abuse them? You've already made it clear that girl gamers don't play "real" games and we all look like Lucien's picture.

Thats the typical stereotype of all girl gamers. I dress, look, and act like a prep. So people automatically assume I don't game, I don't play D&D, etc. Thats the way society is, and you have to deal with it. Guy gamers verbally abuse guy gamers too. I myself talk a lot of trash when online, get someone angry and they tend to play worse. Plus I find it amusing.

I think if the gaming community was more acceptable of girl gamers you'd see more of them online playing the "real" games versus the friendlier casual games. I know on Halo and many of the multiplayer games, a girl gamer will just remain silent as not to be taunted by fellow players.

It's not that the gaming community isn't acceptable of girl gamers Of course you're going to have the people who e-rage because they died (Actually about 90% of the people online), and are going to say mean things to justify the fact they lost. The fact you are female is just an easy target for them to prey on. Trust me, after playing Diablo II for over 7 years I've learned to ignore what people say. In the end, as long as you are having fun, just ignore everyone else.

I would hope the members of this community would be more mature regarding this issue and would try to encourage more girls to come gamers rather than make jokes. I for one appreciate the great group of NoobToobers I've been playing with recently. It doesn't seem to matter to them that I'm a girl. Rather I'm a gamer like them.

No matter what, people are going to make jokes. Look at the typical guy sterotype for gamers. Basically the stereotype for girls, only they instead of the 'OMG KAWAII' comments about guys it's 'HAWT' comments about the gaming girls. The worst part is, if you show that it effects you, people are just going to keep pushing it.

Now, I'm not saying making social stereotype jokes is right. I'm not saying it's wrong either. So someone makes a joke, everyone laughs, everyone gets on with their life. I'm sure everyone here has laughed at someone else's expense. So why can't everyone just laugh at themselves too?

quahgg said:
    All right, time to creep out the entire population of the NT. If you think that is shocking, your insane. I used to Roleplay through AoHell way back in the day when 56k was still considered fast. 3 things come to mind when I think of difficult in acting and that is successfully (I mean believably) playing the role of the opposite sex, evil personified, or just plain bat shit crazy. Well I attempted to RP a girl over the internet in a game world called Rhydin.

It's actually not to uncommon. I myself never play a male character, simply because female characters better fit my personality. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I know very few 'females' you meet online are truly females. Most females tend to stay genderless.

Now the creepy part is, a good amount of them didn't care I was a guy when they found out. They only wanted an illusion. Ewwwe. So keep that in mind, guys are disturbing without anonymous shrouds. They are downright disgusting with them.

Thats because most people realize that half the people they cyber aren't girls to begin with. The phrase 'ignorance is bliss' is pretty much true. If you cyber a girl and never know it's a guy, in your mind, it's a girl you just cybered. The internet is anonymous, of course people are going to take advantage of that.
  • Lucien_Lachance said:

sad but true in most cases of girl gamers.
  • That's totally not true.

You guys really need to go to a LAN party or PAX.
  • Mr.Snuggles you say 'deal with it; I do every time I log into a match. That wasn't really what I meant in my post. I'm not on some crusade to change the online gaming community.

My general point was that NoobToob is above this. We shouldn't be verbally abusing anyone here at the community.

D-Bad!
  • Hehe, D-Bad :-)

Yeah, girl gamers do have to put up with a lot more stereotypes than guy gamers. And the fact that we still refer to people as "girl" or "guy" gamers, instead of simply just "gamers", or even broader, "people".....makes for a sad reality.

Also, Lucien....I'm sort of offended by that picture, and its unfortunate that you feel that way.
  • if i come across female gamers? hell yeah! everytime im on dreamhack i see lots of hot gamer-girls, but i have enver been in any relation with a girl-gamer though.
  • I know a few girls in my school who play games every now and then, mostly casual stuff like Guitar Hero, but then there's others who play GTA: VIce City and say they liked shooting people's heads off :P

They're perfectly normal people. I don't know any hardcore gaming girls so... yeah >.>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week