Community Podcast Ep 008 - Wet Fart Edition
  • This week we have a special edition for you guys. We've split the podcast into two seperate parts. Maggy-pie, Sloth and myself will take over the first half which is the community part, and we have Exmas, Kel, Goodenough, and Parish to take over the gaming part.

We also have a super-duper interview with everyones favourite mod: Sunflower4000!

*Insert Shows notes and Crims' superior intro here*

http://noobtoob.koi89.org/NooBTooB-Community-Podcast-Ep008-20080316.mp3

Make sure to keep listening to the VERY end for an exclusive sneak-peak at the "softer" side of Sunflower.
  • lmao that did put a smile on my face sunflower. ill listen to it now
  • Ok wii games coming out in 08 to be hyped about?
    Two words:
    WII FIT! yea i said it you fatass :)

lol seriously I dont have a clue, dont even own a wii :D
  • Did you talk about me?
  • You guys need to coordinate a bit more if you're going to split the podcast into two parts. I really liked the first section, and the interview with Sunflower was very interesting to listen to, but when in the last section you started talking about a thread that the first section had already covered it really turned me off. Make sure you don't overlap your discussions, otherwise you would be better off not splitting the show and reducing the number of people on the show.
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    You guys need to coordinate a bit more if you're going to split the podcast into two parts. I really liked the first section, and the interview with Sunflower was very interesting to listen to, but when in the last section you started talking about a thread that the first section had already covered it really turned me off. Make sure you don't overlap your discussions, otherwise you would be better off not splitting the show and reducing the number of people on the show.

Yes, we told the other group what thread we were doing... yet they still did it lol
  • Frankly, I'm not sure the site has any room for another gaming podcast. I'm pretty sure most of the compliments we got were about being based around the community.

I think perhaps a discussion is in order.
  • You can never have enough user generated content IMHO. It's all a question of filling the right niche. Sure, 10 podcasts covering the forum threads might be a little much, but there are tons of different things to talk about otherwise. Look at stuff like Locke's songs, Sunflower's Cage Match, and Jam's reviews for just a small inkling of what people can do.

My only request is that people keep them short and sweet, and do one on a weekly basis if they decide to start one. It's really hard to listen to multiple one hour podcasts, for example, but super easy to watch a ton of videos that are less than 5 minutes.

Yw
  • Yeah...I'm not going to lie...Through all the new NoobToob content...

I'm becoming a real CowLauncher fan.
  • I second that demi. Everyone go watch Cowlauncher.
  • YaY! Sunflower validated my existence
  • I actually have to third that one, I really like Cowlauncher's reviews, they are short and to the point but very enjoyable at the same time.

additionally; Sweet, my thread got mentioned, pretty surprising for a topic that only got 3 replies but cool nonetheless.

I don't usually listen to the supplemental podcasts (YEAH I CALL THEM THAT.) but I finally decided to do so and I was pleasantly surprised, I wasn't expecting too much, I respect everyone who partakes in them from talking to them in vent or reading their posts on the forum, but I have very low expectations in general when it comes to podcasts, yet this surpassed my expectations considerably and blah blah blah getting to the point it was good. keep up the good work.
  • Sunflower IS one of my favorite mods. GO LOCKE! GO MAGENTA! GO GAMESHARK! go jam enslaver. go sunflower, and yuzo, and tobin, and EXMAS.
  • Your discussion is becoming more engaging - which I like and thrive on, however I have to echo Jam's thoughts on the organization.
    I don't want to hear the same thing twice - having the show split like that was a nice change of pace, but it would have been great to have different content.

Interview was great, editing was sneaky...

Keep going and your improvements will shine through.
  • nice guys. awesome ep. GET A FUCKIN 360 SLOTH, YOU STUBBORN, GAME RAPING, BASTARD!
  • BlakForest08 said:
    nice guys. awesome ep. GET A FUCKIN 360 SLOTH, YOU STUBBORN, GAME RAPING, BASTARD!

I will. I'm going to rape the thing so hard for every little flaw it has.

Yeah, the duplicate subjects are my fault. We were sort of meandering around for topics and hey, what the fuck, let's do this again~!

Yeah, I agree, short and sweet is the ultimate g-spot. The problem with this is that I want the community podcast to be essentially a bonding tool/exercise for noobtoobers. Even though we sit in the ventrilo a lot, we never talk like this and level up our relationship ranks this fast. With 3, I aim for a 30 minute podcast, with 4, it's a 45 minute podcast. If I chop it down anymore, it'll just be rushed, people won't get a good enough chance to talk and yeah, it's a delicate mess.

But yeah, Yuzo has strongly pushed for this to be short and it's something I'm working on to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the comments. We put a lot of effort into doing this and it's a lot of fun. If any of you guys ever want to be on the podcast, it's a community podcast. There's always a place for you. You're all welcome. We record late Saturday nights/midnight/Sunday morning for Americans which is noon to 2pm Australia time.

That being said though, I'm really, really, really sorry if I have to turn you down. The only reason why I do this is because the spots have been filled. I mean, there were a tonne of people on this time which is why I split it. This week's upcoming and next podcast, I sit out of completely to make room for a noobtoober. So yeah, I really do want every noobtoober to rock up and have a go because it's an amazing ride. The people I've podcasted with, I'm closer with than ever. I can freely talk to them and have a great conversation.

A spot next week definitely has to go for colt45j who missed out this Sunday. I imagine that he is as adorable as parish, so I'm eagerly awaiting the recording.
  • Meanwhile, I quite heavily DISagree with the shortness aspect. To give this community some quick fellatio, there is so much awesome shit that needs to be talked about each week that having Sloth breath "5 minutes left for this segment!" down at you whilst you're working through the list of 8 topics you wanna talk about and are on #3/4 is just... gah. I think the comcast could really do with being about an hour long, allow it to cover more topics and get into more details (cause I know that when I was 'hosting' there were times when I had to make a tradeoff between getting someone's detailed views on something and covering another topic)

Just my 2c.
  • Sloth, we need to have (another) talk.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week