Retro Gaming Club: Sly Cooper 3: Honor Among Thieves
  • Since we finished recording I figured we should give you guys a heads up on the next RGC title, Sly Cooper 3 on the PS2. We'll have a poll set up to choose the next RGC game, but in the meantime go and grab a copy of this one, play it, and report back here.

It's a Greatest Hits title, so can be found new for $20. It also can be found relatively cheap at used game shops.

I've only played the first of the series and it really stuck out in my mind as one of the best platformers on the PS2 that I had played that year (2002?). The cel-shading looked beautiful and the level design was top notch. Let's hope they kept up the quality throughout the series..

Yw
  • Sly 3 is fucking awesome.

The turtle can snipe and the pink thing is "aussied". Favourite episode would be the paris one. After I finished the game, I was like "awww, already?" so sat there getting shitloads of coins for about two days so i could go buy all the moves.

A tip would be to always whore up and get as much money as you can, consistently buying new skills. I forgot about the skills and only got the plot core ones. Really regret it, would've made my game that much more easier and enjoyable.

In the asian panda episode where those hopping vampires come at you, just jump onto the roof and onto the chimney. They won't be able to reach you and you can just snipe away. That is sooo cheap but I loved it. =P "Ohohoho, BITCH."

Suckerpunch studios is awesome. Hope they do something great on the PS3.

Will go get my ps2 off of my mum to play!
  • Sly 3 was awesome, though trying it with the 3d glasses just made my head hurt.
    I still think that, overall, the gameplay in the first may have been the best, but the multi-character heists in 2 and 3 were loads of fun.
  • Ok, now that Hotel Dusk is done and buried, and the Crackdown demo is played out -- it's time to devote some serious time to our retro game of the week. Hopefully you guys had a chance to pick it up this week for some heavy duty playtime this weekend.

I brought up the ps2 from the office and hooked it up to my living room TV, and bought a cordless logitech gamepad. Time to pour some wonderful cask wine (Delicato Shiraz FTW!) and get my game on!

Post here with your progress and thoughts over the next few days.. let's see who can finish it by Sunday night :)
  • yuzo said:
    Ok, now that Hotel Dusk is done and buried, and the Crackdown demo is played out -- it's time to devote some serious time to our retro game of the week. Hopefully you guys had a chance to pick it up this week for some heavy duty playtime this weekend.

I brought up the ps2 from the office and hooked it up to my living room TV, and bought a cordless logitech gamepad. Time to pour some wonderful cask wine (Delicato Shiraz FTW!) and get my game on!

Post here with your progress and thoughts over the next few days.. let's see who can finish it by Sunday night :)

Does it count if i've finished it already?

• Does it count if i've finished it already?

No, you have to start from scratch :).

So I'm almost done with episode two.. spent about 3 hours in game, and it says 10% done.

I'm with Misere and definitely thinking I like the first one a bit better. I can't place my finger on it exactly, but all the cut-scenes and such break up the action too much so I'm getting the familiar frustration feeling of not being able to play when I want (like I get with dialogue heavy rpgs).

3-d glasses don't do jack for me either. It's also still a little too easy, I keep hoping I have to spend more than a one or two tries to "finish" a segment.

I mean, it's solid so far, these are little nits. But I'm not so sure this series holds up too well to ones like Ratchet.
  • Aw. =( The easiness made me feel good. I thought to myself, "damn, i must be so uber pro at this". =P

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week