Retro Gaming Club: System Shock 2
  • Play it, talk about it here.

(I'll install it on Friday after I catch up to Gwenster on points). :)
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock_2

OMFG. Look how scary it looks. .......
  • I have a copy.....somewhere or i lent it to someone having beaten it several times...however have fond memories of the game.....i think.....i know those memories are somewhere.....will track down the game and play sometime in the coming week.
  • Sloth said:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock_2

OMFG. Look how scary it looks. .......

Hell yeah it's scary.

After you play it, you'll never see monkeys the same again. You'll always expect them to start throwing flaming fireballs at you while screaming madly.

It's glorious.
  • yuzo said:
    Play it, talk about it here.

(I'll install it on Friday after I catch up to Gwenster on points). :)

Do yourself a favor and give up :lol:

System shock 2 , cult-classic and a sleeper hit back in the day.
    It was great, and freakingly realistic like how if you shoot lasers alot they would actually deplete the oxygen in that area and you suffocate I mean shit who makes up so many penalties to die on is just sado maschocistic .

I actually never played it more then 30 minutes because back in the day when it first got out I was already pirating it and the rip didnt work very well so it kept on crashing somewhere and i was like OH FUCK IT .

Isnt that strange ? Having the time to play a great game , a game you KNOW is great and you never pick it up afterwards when you CAN in fact play it decently ?
    What kinda weirdness is that .

I`ll go back on System shock 2 and play that on SATURDAY after i gained some more achivement points in Lost Planet over Yuzo`s already doomed attempt on Friday 8)
    Will post up my toughts after actually -really- playing it this weekend .
  • Ugh, not very far into it. I had to find some doctor, but he wasn't in his room!

The worst part is, I ran out of ammo and threw away my wrench! I'm tempted to use cheat codes, but won't...
  • the great thing nowadays is that it is considered abandonware, so you can download it for free legally. its not considered any one companies property at the moment.
  • ive dicided to try this game out to see if it is like bioshock so i can compare it later on to see which is best....
    but i cant find were to download it can some one help me
  • here it is... and i am allowed to post it as it is abandonware and no one own it.

[MOD: LINK REMOVED. Don't post this sort of stuff even if it's abandonware! Final warning]
  • brex123 said:
    here it is... and i am allowed to post it as it is abandonware and no one own it.

[MOD: LINK REMOVED. Don't post this sort of stuff even if it's abandonware! Final warning]

whats abandonware?
  • NPCBOT2000 said:
    [quote=brex123]here it is... and i am allowed to post it as it is abandonware and no one own it.

whats abandonware?[/quote]
    Who knows!... maybe you should google it?..
  • so were can i find a place were i can download this game?
  • NPCBOT2000 said:
    so were can i find a place were i can download this game?

Not here. So don't ask.

Yw
  • NPCBOT2000 said:
    whats abandonware?

just for future reference, abandonware is a piece of software that no one currently owns the rights to, usually because the company went bankrupt or something like that.
  • I almost finished it but I got into the last stage and I couldn't figure where the hell to go so eventually I gave up cuz I lost all my save games after my HDD died on me... this is one of the best games I've ever played. and now that I remember I forgot to mention it on games that surprised me, along with Ultima 7.
  • ahhh System Shock 2. It was sooo intense. The first time a hybrid came my way, omg. Or the first time I heard a midwife talk to its 'babies'. Holy Crap. And than the voices of The Many and Shodan. And all those voice recordings you could listen too.

It was also possible to play it co-op. It wasnt much fun though.

"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?" -SHODAN
  • I have never played this but beating bioshock made me want to go back and try it out. My only fear is that I will miss all the improvements that bioshock will have made to this game series. On the bright side my PC should have no problem runing this game unlike most PC games I own

I must say that I was surprised that this game is only selling for an avarage of £5 when Yuzo said that it sells for $80 in America

Just take a look it is selling for nothing:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/Video-Games__System-Shock-2_W0QQ_nkwZSystemQ20ShockQ202QQQ5fcatrefZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_sacatZ1249
  • shodan>fontaine. nuff said

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week