Listener Homework: Dumbest Thing Said in a Store?
  • Saighdear said:
    the crack wasn't a problem since the disc doesn't move in the disc drive instead the laser spins around

LOL how those type of people are able to breath and walk at the same time is amazing.

Here is a resent one.. I lost my cell phone so I had to call Boost Mobile to tell them to suspend my account until I got a new phone..Well, I got a new phone and called them to change the account over. This is how it went (I use to work for Boost in there Lost and Stolen department)

First Call
    [spoiler:55020cc115]Customer Care Rep- Lost and Stolen department, how can I help you.
    Me- I lost my phone
    C- ok. How can I help you
    M- I need to suspend my service until I get a new one. You know.. the thing you do with every single lost and stolen call you get
    C- ok hang on *put on hold* ok it's done
    M- thanks[/spoiler:55020cc115]

Second Call
    [spoiler:55020cc115]C- Lost and Stolen department, how can I help you
    M- I suspended my account, got a new phone and want to transfer it over
    C- ok I unsuspended your account, anything else I can do for you
    M- how about adding the new phone I got to it so it will, I don't know, work?
    C- ok what's the IMEI number
    M- *tells him the number*
    C- ok it's added anything else I can do
    M- Umm.. yeah, add the SIM card so the phone will, I don't know, work?
    C- Ok what is it.
    M- *tells him the number*
    C- anything else I can do for you today
    M- yeah, add the $5 credit to my account like your suppose to
    C- ok done.
    End of call[/spoiler:55020cc115]

Both calls are dismissive but this last one is where it gets fun

Third call
    [spoiler:55020cc115]Customer Care Rep- Thank you for calling Boost how can I help you
    Me- yeah I had *explains situation* the guy who unsuspended my account didn't reset the 90 day experation period of my funds like he was suppose to. Reset it
    C- ok hang on. I'll put $5 onto your account
    M- Thanks
    C- ok we can't reset the 90 days because you got a care credit
    M- well, the care credit you gave me dosn't exactly help me out if it gos to $0 tomorrow now dose it. Reset it
    C- I'm going to get a hold of a supervisor
    [spoiler:55020cc115]*long ass wait*
    Supervisor- So I hear you need our policy explained to you
    Me- No.. I've worked for this company I know the god damn policys.
    *I sit for half an hour telling them there own damn policys*
    Sup- let me put you on hold.
    *on hold for so long my phone battery dies*[/spoiler:55020cc115][/spoiler:55020cc115]

4th call... that's right... I had to call 4 F'N times

[spoiler:55020cc115]Customer Care Rep- Thank you for calling... *blah blah blah*
    Me- Explains all this shit
    C- Ok let me credit your account $5
    M- stop throwing useless money at me. Do I need to step by step walk you people through your own systems.. because I will.
    C- ok I changed your experation date to Sep
    M- Ok.. that's less then 30 days away. I'm suppose to have 90 days
    C- Ok I changed it to October
    M- that's 60 days.. you know what. Fuck it. I'll take it. God damn, no wonder so many people hated me when I worked there. I'm the only one who isn't fucking retarded.[/spoiler:55020cc115]
  • @Strife, that sucks for you.

Well, working at Tim Horton's for the last 2 years, I have plenty of stories, but this is definately one of the most annoying.

[spoiler:674f0758ab]*drive thru beaps*
    Me-Hello, thanks for stopping at Tim Horton's, how may we help you?
    Customer- Hi, do you sell donuts?
    Me- Yes sir, this is a donut shop.
    Customer- Okay cool. Um*long ass pause* can I have the donut thats on the picture out here?
    Me-Yes sir, anything else?
    Customer-Yeah, I can get that to go, right?
    Me-Yes...anything else?
    Customer- Um*another long ass pause*nope.
    Me-OKay, that will be $0.79 please pull up.[/spoiler:674f0758ab]
  • Back when i was working at comet a women holding a Ethernet cable asked
    "Is this the internet."
  • A recent discussion with a friend of mine, had to post it. He just recently bought Gears 2.
    ---
    [spoiler:7a078dc02e]
    Me: So, how you liking Gears?
    Friend: Not bad, not bad. I didn't know the guy who voiced Master Chief voiced Marcus.
    Me: Uh, that's because he didn't.
    Friend: No, it's true. You can totally tell they're the same person. I would now I've played each game like sixty times.
    Me: No, Steve Downes only voiced Master Chief. John Di Maggio voiced Marcus Fenix.
    Friend: You're wrong. Steve Downes voiced both of them. You can't call yourself a gamer if you don't know that.
    Me: Alright
    [/spoiler:7a078dc02e]

Totally had to post it, you had no idea.
  • Quick Story:

I was at EB games in the mall near me. I was going to buy Left For Dead and since it was rated M and I'm 15, my aunt came to buy it. As we were going to pay for it the cashier, who was kinda fruity lookin, said " This game is rated M. There's a lot of gore. Theres also a lot of nudity."
    My aunt said " The more nudity this kid sees the better. It's good for him"
    Cashier: " Im just kidding there isn't any nudity, can i tell you a secret though?"
    the cashier made my aunt not listen in and he whispered...

"Between you and boobs are heaven"

He tried to make me promise that id not tell my aunt, but once we were in the parking lot i told her and she cracked up

It s kind of a " You had to be there" moment but its still pretty funny
  • headhuntercat said:
    Back when i was working at comet a women holding a Ethernet cable asked
    "Is this the internet."

Bwa.
    Bwa-ha.
    BWAAAA-HAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-Haaa ooooooh
    BWWAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Oh look what you've made me do! I'm standing in puddle now.

The 'Bwa' related posts above are a true translation of my reaction.
    The puddle thing is a slight exaggeration.

Noobie for you!

CRC

P.S.

Woman in EB games: you do know that if you trade in your old games, we can give you the best value (lie 1) and that you should do it as soon as possible as they will only decrease in price (lie 2)?

CRC: Erm, thanks, but I'll shop somewhere else.
  • I also experience that one the other day. I order fora coke she gave me hot choco.
    :x

Dossier de surendettement
  • Anonymous said:
    I was at Wal-Mart, and someone who had a Wii wanted to buy some GameCube games (e.g. smash bros. Melee, etc.) since there's backward compatibility.

Customer: If I buy a GameCube game, can I play it on my Wii?
    Employee: Yes, as long as you have a memory card and a GameCube Controller.
    Customer: I don't. Do you have those in stock?
    Employee: No, we don't sell them anymore. We just have the GameCube games.
    Customer: Then, what's the point?

lol. thats kinda stupid but i can see were hes coming from
  • I was in gamestop today... These 4 guys (read 14 year olds) walk in. This one guy is wearing a vibrant bean hat with dreadlocks halfway down his back... He is just walking around like he is high and says "eff". Literally "eff"! Just out of nowhere! This kid was mental! It was more of seeing him that was funny. He thought, he was a hippie or something. And I hate people that walk into the store and talk really load... like these kids did... :roll:
  • "If you want an awesome single player experience check out Warhawk."
  • "Does this run on a mac?" *points to a 360 game*
  • My recent conversation with the manager of the GameStop I frequent...

Him: "Hey, how free are you around Christmas?"
    Me: "I've got a few weeks off."
    Him: "Would you be interested in making some extra cash over the holidays? You know...work a few hours..."
    Me, just happy this wasn't going into date territory: "Are you offering me a job?"
    Him, getting uncomfy: "Well I know you know a lot about games, and it'd be nice to have...you know...someone here with..."
    Me, laughing: "Boobs?"
    Him, now REALLY uncomfy: "No! I mean someone who knows about games. Though it'd be nice to break up the sausage fest."

...yes, it'd be nice if the people who worked at the gamestore knew something about games. :roll:
  • OboeCrazy said:
    My recent conversation with the manager of the GameStop I frequent...

Him: "Hey, how free are you around Christmas?"
    Me: "I've got a few weeks off."
    Him: "Would you be interested in making some extra cash over the holidays? You know...work a few hours..."
    Me, just happy this wasn't going into date territory: "Are you offering me a job?"
    Him, getting uncomfy: "Well I know you know a lot about games, and it'd be nice to have...you know...someone here with..."
    Me, laughing: "Boobs?"
    Him, now REALLY uncomfy: "No! I mean someone who knows about games. Though it'd be nice to break up the sausage fest."

...yes, it'd be nice if the people who worked at the gamestore knew something about games. :roll:

In all fairness every game store in the world has to have at least one pair of boobs. It's one of the unspoken rules of discrimination. Like every warehouse, call center, and 7-11 needs at least one employee with non white skin. Every Walmart need an old man at the front of the store. and Best Buy, Target, and Fred Meyers/Krogers need to have the majority of their employees be under drinking age. Don't believe me... go to one of these stores and see for yourself.
  • Trying to get into a club when I was 18.

Bouncer: You got ID?.
    Me:I have a beard, I dont think Im 12 mate.
    Bouncer shows no emotion and I show him the ID.

Bouncer doesnt ask for ID from my mates since he probably didnt want more lip from me...Funny thing was I was the only one of legal age the others where underage.
  • I was in Computer Exchange last weekend and I heard some guy asking the staff if the Wii Fit board was compatible with all platforms... If the guy didn't have such a straight face, and such a serious tone I would've thought he was joking.
  • When I saw this I just had to post it.

:roll:
  • that took me two looks to get it, but wow
  • Thank you for your inconvenience? Well, they're not welcome.
  • When i bought ME 1&2 they asked if they could put the games in one case.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM NO.
  • Gamestop "Dude": Hello How may I help you
    Me: I'm looking to pick up my game that I brang in here for you to clean... Street Fighter 4
    G"D": I don't think we have a copy of that, sorry.
    Me: No, I brang it in here yesterday so you could clean it.
    G"D": It might of got shipped to EB Games, have a nice day.
    ... I saw it in the back so I pointed it out, but I feel like the dumbass was trying to steal from me, so now it's all Amazon'

I don't know how dumb this is, but more careless.
  • [center:22c0b64d81]INTERIOR: HMV, VIDEO GAME SECTION.[/center:22c0b64d81]

[center:22c0b64d81]HOLDING STREET FIGHTER IV [/center:22c0b64d81]
    Teen 1: Have you heard about this, it's supposed to be good?

Teen 2: Nah, it's shit.

Teen 1: Why?

Teen 2: 'Cause it's Street Fighter.

[center:22c0b64d81]Teen 1 puts game back on shelf.[/center:22c0b64d81]

Me: LAUGHS.
  • Not so much heard as much as happened not too long ago.

Walmart

Me : Hey I found this game without a security sensor or anything.

Cashier : Want me to ring it in?

Me : Well you don't have to

Cashier : Ok *puts it in the bag*

Me : Err...

Cashier : Okie dokey have a nice day!

Me : O_o

ME2 For Free YAAAAAAAAAY
  • Recent conversation I had when I went to pick up Final Fantasy 13.

GS employee: OK, for what console.
    Me: 360
    GS employee: Oh come on, really? You know it's ten times better on the PS3!
    Me: You give me a PS3 I'll play it on PS3, right now I only own a 360.
    GS employee: (now really scoffing at me) Well fine then, but when your box red rings you won't be able to play it at all.
    Me: And when your PS3 can't tell if it's a leap year or not and stops working you'll have to play on the 360.
    GS employee: Well I still think it's a waste on the 360, the PS3 has better graphics
    Me: (trying to be reasonable) And the 360 has better online play. They're both good consoles, but right now I only own a 360.
    GS employee: Online on the PS3 is awesome!
    Me: Really? I'm sure you talk to a lot of PS3 people online, as I'm sure they ALL have mics.
    GS employee: ....uh...I don't have a microphone.
    Me: Give me my damn game.

I tried to end the conversation saying the NT creed: buy all the consoles, play ALL the games. I actually really WANT a PS3 because God of War 3 is out and looks awesome. But I was so surprised by the obvious PS3 fanboy behind the counter that I just had to respond.
  • Lol, I suppose ignorance is truly bliss for the clueless.
  • well, off hand i cant think of any times that particularly stand out, but in response to "Locke"'s question about if you've helped ppl, the answer is yes, many times.

I used to work for best buy, and La source (what used to be Canadian radioshack). While there i would do my best to help ppl make informed choices, based on what they're looking for, and what i know and have heard about different titles.

But as even just a passer by, its happened on numerous occasions where either ill step in and prevent someone from making a horrible choice for what they said they wanted (i believe in true customer service, not ripping ppl off)

I believe that people should get what they want, and the experience they want. Especially with today's prices. When your gonna spend 60 - 70$ on something its a good idea to like it. :)

As for my funny moments, the only general one i can think of, that always makes me laugh a little inside, is when your in line and a parent or anyone for that matter goes up to the counter and asks "Whats an Xbox?" same applies to any other consoles. lol.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week