Listener Homework: Dumbest Thing Said in a Store?
  • Sunflower4000 said:
    You be quiet too, Brex. :P I will not tolerate fighting in class!

sorry, sir. i didnt hear you the first time. i was just trying to defend the common noobtoober.
  • ok sorry for fighting o also ounce i heard this coversation

person 1: maybe we should get a wii it looks kinda fun and thats all we can afford right now

person 2: the wii sucks ass, look at these games it was made for 1 year olds
  • holyman376 said:
    i was at a gamestop and this one guy came in saying
    "Do you have Halo 3 for the PS3?"
    gamestop "Yes, we have that in stock."
    goddamn, a one-two punch. :x

also

brex123 said:

"HURR DURR I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO DO IN THIS PLAYGROUND THEREFORE THE PLAYGROUND SUCKS"

insults are not enough of a defense to stand up to even the most trivial of facts. it just makes you look like a jackass.
    that's not an empty insult. his main complaint, IIRC, was that there wasn't much to do, but in reality the only real limitation on what you can do in skate is your imagination (as long as it's skating related, of course). a simple look at the top rated vids on skate.tv (another one of skate's great features) will show you that (people do amazing things that one wouldn't think are possible). so basically he's blaming the game for limitations that he put on himself.
  • At the local Gamestop (and crazily, there is another Gamestop literally across the street)

..waiting in line, right near all the PS3 stuff, Jan 07..
    girlkid "I can't wait for the PS3 to come out"
    kidmom "yeah, it's gonna have a blu ray player"
    girlkid "it's coming out in november [11 months in the futurez]"

I was buying Sneak King (dumbest thing ever done in a store?) and The Orange Box. not dumb, but slightly funny, the clerk said
    "wow, you're buying the cheapest game in the store and the most expensive"
  • Lucien_Lachance said:
    [quote=brex123]
    "HURR DURR I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO DO IN THIS PLAYGROUND THEREFORE THE PLAYGROUND SUCKS"

insults are not enough of a defense to stand up to even the most trivial of facts. it just makes you look like a jackass.
    that's not an empty insult. his main complaint, IIRC, was that there wasn't much to do, but in reality the only real limitation on what you can do in skate is your imagination (as long as it's skating related, of course). a simple look at the top rated vids on skate.tv (another one of skate's great features) will show you that (people do amazing things that one wouldn't think are possible). so basically he's blaming the game for limitations that he put on himself.[/quote]

see, isnt that a bit of a better way to explain it. i prefer that to your previous statement and am taking back my statement of 'making you look like a jackass' until further notice.

anyways, the dumbest thing that i think i said in a store would have been asking if my local EB Games had a copy of Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic Elements, forgetting that it comes out a month later (it being released on febuary 12 for anyone interested). they look it up in the system, and i feel like such an idiot when the worker reads out the date of release. i put $10 down for a pre order and walk out.

i wish i had a funny story about customers in my local game shops, but they are all very knowledgeable, and i usually just run in, get what i want, and run out.
  • I was at gamestop/target looking for ratchet and clank future tools of destruction and this is the conversations that annoyed me.

me: can I get ratchet?
    Clerk: did you pre-order?
    me: no.
    Clerk: we got three today and two sold this morning.
    Me: can I get a third?
    Clerk: thats for a pre-order.
    (just fucking say no if you don't have any to sell.)

went to target for ratchet and found the game behind glass before I even talk to the 16 year old working in the game department.

me: can I get ratchet and clank future tools of destruction?
    clerk: sure what console?(I'm letting that go because I know they have it)
    me: PS3
    (clerk walks over to the PS2 games and start looking for the game)
    me: It's for the Playstation three.
    (clerk walks over to the PS3 games spends a minute looking)
    clerk: I don't think we have it i'm going to look it up.
    me: it's right there.
    (points at ratchet that is at eye level and in alphabetical order)

(went back to Best Buy, where I work. To talk my manager into selling me the game. It was during the time that the game got released I think it was a week ahead of time, but our system didn't switch right away to let us sell them. But when I went back the system finally switched. So I bought it at my discounted price and returned the other to target.)
  • Me and my friend were going into eb games in my mall, so I walked in and one of the employees asked me "are you looking for something" and I just said "yeah Im going to get a copy of Halo 3" and as we are walking past him he starts to yell out why am I working here I don't even like video games... And everybody in the store just stopped and looked at him even some of the people outside the store we're looking at him and my friend yells out then why are you? and he ran out of the store.

Might not be funny but its dumb,
    Kingman
  • At eb games on of the workers said
    "would you like to look at some games?"
  • becuase i dont rilly go into game stores to buy games i dont hear much stupidness but i went in one time to get kingdom hearts 2 and some girl and her mom were there to buy one also and they were talking to some employee and the girls mom is like "we dont have the first game so would she understand it if we only bought the second" and the employee is like yea shure. but yea thats probly not that stupid but meh
  • "You can't buy the Halo 3 headset because you're not 17."
  • omega20mm said:
    "You can't buy the Halo 3 headset because you're not 17."

id have to say thats the stupidest one so far
  • fry-40 said:
    [quote=omega20mm]"You can't buy the Halo 3 headset because you're not 17."

id have to say thats the stupidest one so far[/quote]

yeah I was gunna say when i bought two worlds and tried to return on the same day for less than half the price or when i actually returned it and the guy working there tried to convince me that it was better than oblivion, but Yuzo already covered two worlds i guess.
  • when I did my work experience in a gamestation I overheard loads of stupid conversations.
    one of them was a man trading in some games and he asked how much his robocop game was worth, he said exactly this:
    " oh yeah that one's really rare, I got it on ebay for 20 quid because the guy didn't know how rare it was"
    when the cashier scanned it in, it came up as £1.99 and I laughed my head off as the guy raved about how rare it was and how he would sell it somewhere that gave him a good price.
    Another great moment was when a kid walked in and took his top off and exsposed his moobs and sweaty back and brought some games up to the counter where he asked how much the game was, despite there being a huge sticker saying "3 for £15 or £7.99 each" he then walked off and picked up two more and came back. When Ross took them the boxes were wet and the guy had some spit on his chin and cheek.
    I laughed for so long after that
  • I remember when I wanted to buy two 2100 points cards for Live. The guy in Game said, how about one 4200 points card. I said ok and then he looked at me and said "It's the same amount of points you know. 2100 times 2 is 4200".

I wouldn't have minded if I was actually retarded.
  • Today I went to EB Games and I was just curious on the cashiers opinion and I asked what RPG he liked best on the 360 and he said two worlds....
  • I went into a EB Games and then i over heard a cashier telling some guy about Assassins Creed.
    He told him to get the strategic guide and then pointed out all of the spots to run away from the guards.
    The best part is that it took like 30 minutes because we went to get some food after i bought COD4 and he was still telling him about the spot to run. The guy did not even buy it....he bought COD4 instead...haha
  • A few years ago, I was exchanging a game that wasn't working on my PS2 for another copy. I go up to the clerk and she inspects it, but finds no scratches.

Clerk: It might be that your disc drive is getting stuck.
    Me: No, I have a slim PS2, they don't have disc drives.
    Clerk: Is your disc drive getting stuck?
    Me: I already told you that isn't possible, so can I just get another copy?
    Clerk: Is it not working with other games, or is this the only one?
    Me: This is the only one, so give me a new copy!

After this, she finally gave me a new copy of the game. My god, that pissed me off.
  • its called protocol they are to ask stupid questions to verify its the game and not user error.
  • i got a few cuz i spend plenty of my weekend in gamestores
    Heres one of my favs
    Guy1: Hey look DMC2!
    Guy2: Oh god dont think about it
    1 week later (yes i do have to much free time)
    Guy1: Why are you always right?
    Guy2(now as clerk): i take it you didn't like it?
    Guy1: could you please just let me retun this?
    Guy2: Sure as soon as i get the recipt
    Guy1: Hold on a sec *searches pockets*... !OH SHIT!
    ME: LOL as if it were all scripted
  • Tarnak said:
    its called protocol they are to ask stupid questions to verify its the game and not user error.

She asked me the same question twice, and I had to ask her twice if she would give me a new copy. I told her it wasn't working, and I think that she had already asked the "are other games working" question before saying I had a problem with my disc drive. If I bring in the receipt (which I did) and the game, and tell you that this isn't working, I expect to recieve a new copy BEFORE the third time I ask.
  • i'm just seeing it from her end sometimes they ask something then forget the answer you gave thusly they ask again to double check. She could have done this better by saying "you did say this right?" and if shes wrong they can say "no i said ...." but eh i commend her somewhat for double checking when some places dont even check the first time
  • Tarnak said:
    i'm just seeing it from her end sometimes they ask something then forget the answer you gave thusly they ask again to double check. She could have done this better by saying "you did say this right?" and if shes wrong they can say "no i said ...." but eh i commend her somewhat for double checking when some places dont even check the first time

It just pisses me off when I have to ask the same question three times and answer the same question twice.
  • "Can i Plz Get Gears of war on The PS3!!" Lol i laughed and the clerk smiled
  • I was in a gamestop and I went up to a demo of a game to try it and the guy yelled at me to get off of it. He told me that i wasn't allowed to play this demo even thuogh it was set up in the store. He said that it's rated mature and that only people over 18 could play this demo. He then continued to sell a mature game to kid who was clearly under 18. WTF

--B
  • I walked into my local Gamestop and picked up a reserved copy of 'Black' (a shooter that came out a couple years ago).
    When I had reserved the game, the clerk had told me this was going to be one of the "premium games of the season." (Yeah, I'm an idiot and listened to him). So I buy they game and am just about to walk out of the store when one of the clerks says, "Man, I don't know why anyone would buy that Black game, it was a piece of shit."
    The guy who sold me the game (who I assumed was the manager) looked up at him with this "shut the hell up" expression and then looked to see if I had left. I just stood there at the door for a second, shook my head, and just walked out the door.
    Luckily I enjoyed the game, but my expectations were pretty low at that point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week