Episode #026 - 01/16/2007
  • New episode and video are up!

Note, it looks like the Crackdown demo has been postponed, so no gaming goodness on Thursday.

So what do you guys think of story in games. Important?

IGN.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahaha
  • Episode kinda just stop at 30:23....slide bar along the bottom says there is more to go but it wont play beyond that time if you skip past it, and if you skip to right before it the episode stops and gives you the normal youtube thing of watch again or share.
  • Storyline...

If its there and its good, the game gets +69 awesome points. Suikoden V on the PS2 for me is a great example of how a story can define a game. I found that although the gameplay was mediocre and alike every other RPG, I wanted to play it so I could see how things developed on. That thirst, that curiosity pwned.

If you ask me what some of my favourite PS2 games are, you'll definitely hear me mention Suikoden V. =D

So yeah, storylines are awesome but not pivotal for a game to be good to me. Stuff like Brain Age, DDR, Ridge Racer, Smash Bros, We <3 Katamari and WiiSports are good examples of games just being fun and awesome even with no storyline. (lol if DDR got a storyline)<br />
    With the anime+gaming thing, it is so fucking awesome. It adds another level of immersion and exemplifies what the game means to you. Manaki Disgaea, Pokemon and Ragnarok animes made me go back into the games and really enjoy it again.

Omfg, Castlevania fans and IGN fans are going to invade and rape us now.
  • Storyline.....i guess i'm not a story gamer i don't care so much about the story as long as the game is fun, though i will admit if a game has a believable story it is better...though not pivotal, i remember old RPG's on the nes still do it for me, i guess i'm of two minds in that regard.
    Hrmm i suppose that it's all down to fun level if the game is lacking in the fun department story can make the game playable.
    Don't watch anime.....so have nothing to say on the front.....
  • DaveAsp said:
    Episode kinda just stop at 30:23....slide bar along the bottom says there is more to go but it wont play beyond that time if you skip past it, and if you skip to right before it the episode stops and gives you the normal youtube thing of watch again or share.

Hey, I think maybe it just wasn't done loading. I just went and tried out the video on youtube and I was able to watch the whole thing. Give it another shot.
  • As for story in games, I like it when it's good. But more often than not, it's terrible. Lost Planet has me already annoyed from the length of the cutscenes, and I'm only on the first mission, Metal Gear games and Final Fantasies make me want to claw my eyes out because the stories are so bad and annoying.

Games where the story mattered and I loved every minute of it:
    PSYCHONAUTS
    Beyond Good & Evil
    Ratchet & Clank (the first three)
    Fallout
    Planescape Torment
    Old LucasArts adventure games
    Star Contol II gets special award for the way you discover the story through exploration and dialog.

But seriously, the story in freakin' Assault Heroes is more engaging to me than something like Final Fantasy X. That was so irritating I have no desire at all to play the new one.

On a completely different note, now that you've started putting up vodcasts I miss the staged photos you guys used to put on the main page with each episode. Those were funny and more entertaining than what I suspect will just be incredibly similar shots of you two on a couch if you put up youtube posts.
  • misere said:

On a completely different note, now that you've started putting up vodcasts I miss the staged photos you guys used to put on the main page with each episode. Those were funny and more entertaining than what I suspect will just be incredibly similar shots of you two on a couch if you put up youtube posts.

Yeah, those were fun, but we were running pretty low on ideas. Finding clever pictures and props here at work every week was getting harder and harder, and given the time involved in making each episode, and syncing the mp3 up with the video, and all the other production work we do, something had to go.

I guess there's a reason that most successful podcasts are run by companies that have staffs and interns and what not, noobtoob is a labor of love, but it's a lot of labor. :)
  • And we all know what interns do....can you impeach someone you don't employ?
  • Watched about 25% of it, but LOL!

Box of Wine is back!!! Maybe each week, you guys should bring in different drinks and see how far you guys go!
  • CerberusXD said:
    Watched about 25% of it, but LOL!

Box of Wine is back!!! Maybe each week, you guys should bring in different drinks and see how far you guys go!

Vodka shots!
  • Sloth said:
    [quote=CerberusXD]Watched about 25% of it, but LOL!

Vodka shots![/quote]

Goldstrike shots !
  • gwenster said:
    [quote=Sloth][quote=CerberusXD]Watched about 25% of it, but LOL!

Vodka shots![/quote]

Goldstrike shots ![/quote]

Is that a drink I haven't heard of, or are you encouraging Tobin and Yuzo to pee on each other? That'd make for an...interesting...vodcast.
  • misere said:

Is that a drink I haven't heard of, or are you encouraging Tobin and Yuzo to pee on each other?

I think that's actually a minigame in Warioware.
  • If you all are pointwhores, I'm now way busy and won't have the money to abuse games like I used to, so feel free to topple the almighty Sunflower4000's score :)

I like that you guys are having fun with Lost Planet, it makes me want to check it out. Originally I wouldn't be too interested in a snow game (we're iced under here, its HORRIBLE and I'm sick of ice and snow) but you all are so enthusiastic about it...I'll have to snag it somehow and smash the hell out of all of your scores :)

Totally loved this show. A little unhappy that Yuzo didn't nutcheck Tobin, though. You need to put some of that in the vodcast. And I can spot fakes, so don't pretend--wail on his nuts. Then Tobin can retaliate and it'll be a wonderful time for us.

Cmon! Please?
  • misere said:
    [quote=gwenster][quote=Sloth][quote=CerberusXD]Watched about 25% of it, but LOL!

Vodka shots![/quote]

Goldstrike shots ![/quote]

Is that a drink I haven't heard of, or are you encouraging Tobin and Yuzo to pee on each other? That'd make for an...interesting...vodcast.[/quote]

Its definitly a name to a drink you havent heard of :)
  • Love the show Just found it on youtube but i find it hard to see a whole episode because im useing my wii to watch it and it stops half way through could you plz put it on google video.
    many thx .
  • maby one of the reasons the episode 23 got so many hits is cause you shit on castlevania. on the note of story lines
    fallout 1&2
    beyond good and evil
    freedom fighters
    sam and max
    suikoden v and iv
    final fantasy x
    eaternal darkness sanitys requiem
    all had great storys
    even in the wing comander series the game was so story driven that in you did porly on a mission it affected the entire game and i know tobin loved the story in omnikron and indigo prophecy . stop being an ass you love story you just cant rember any cause you drink too much box wine i hate you i hope you dream of goatse
    dreams that involve you using chopsticks to you presious xbox controller from the goaste pit

http://www.extraneo.it/goatse/detail_01.htm
  • Oh wow, I forgot about Freedom Fighters. That game was freakin' awesome, so much better than the Hitman games.

Also, No One Lives Forever 2 had some good story in with the gameplay.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week