Listener Homework: Fucking over someone
  • This week, we dive into our own dark, seedy hearts to ask the question...

What's the seediest, meanest, or cheapest thing you've done to someone in a game that you're playing against them?

Sure, there's the little things. Like in the old Madden games, watching their hands when they called plays. Things like that. But we're taking it a step forwards.

I used to turn off the TV on 'accident'
    I would unplug the other person's controller on purpose

The most-used one I do today is place the controller down and let them win, so they get a hollow victory. It INFURIATES people.

Oh, and I've hit my opponent in the face before, trying to get her out of this infinite-seeming combo on Tekken. Man, was I mad.

Share your evil stories with us.
  • I'd say the lowest thing i've done is cover the person's eyes with my hand whilst there playing an FPS or somethin, if you do that, expect your opponent to very pissed when he just got headshot because he/she can't see :P
  • Sunflower4000 said:
    Oh, and I've hit my opponent in the face before, trying to get her out of this infinite-seeming combo on Tekken. Man, was I mad.

Seriously? Wow, you're mean.
  • the worst i do is phycological warfare.
    once in a 1 v 1 on perfect dark zero vs flair, i bought the revolver, which has a secondary function of firing a silenced shot that make a loud noise on impact with a wall, and a sniper rifle, for sniping. i got to the highest point in the level and puled out the revolver and began shooting at a wall near the ground. since it was a 1 on 1, flair ran towards the loud area, thinking i was shooting at him. when he got out into the open and looked around... BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    [quote=Sunflower4000]Oh, and I've hit my opponent in the face before, trying to get her out of this infinite-seeming combo on Tekken. Man, was I mad.

Seriously? Wow, you're mean.[/quote]

i was thinking the same thing. you hit a girl? :lol:
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    [quote=Sunflower4000]Oh, and I've hit my opponent in the face before, trying to get her out of this infinite-seeming combo on Tekken. Man, was I mad.

My girlfriend and I take 1 on 1 fighting games pretty seriously. We're equals, I don't believe in treating women differently than men and neither does she. She gets her revenge...if I manage a victory, she'll throw a boot into my balls and make me cry, so we have kind of a truce. :) I can't tell you how many times she's pummeled the shit out of me.

And no, I didn't bloody her nose or anything. It sounds so much worse than it is.
  • Sunflower4000 said:
    [quote=Jam Enslaver][quote=Sunflower4000]Oh, and I've hit my opponent in the face before, trying to get her out of this infinite-seeming combo on Tekken. Man, was I mad.

My girlfriend and I take 1 on 1 fighting games pretty seriously. We're equals, I don't believe in treating women differently than men and neither does she. She gets her revenge...if I manage a victory, she'll throw a boot into my balls and make me cry, so we have kind of a truce. :) I can't tell you how many times she's pummeled the shit out of me.

And no, I didn't bloody her nose or anything. It sounds so much worse than it is.[/quote]

oh psh that's just good foreplay then ^^
  • LazyGamerGirlfriend said:
    oh psh that's just good foreplay then ^^

I'm tellin ya. We're fierce individuals, ready to throw down (physical brawl) at the drop of a hat if needed.

EDIT: Also I remember once where she snuck around behind me and choked me out because I was being a cheap bastard in Capcom vs SNK 2. It was like Princess Bridge, when Westley chokes out Andre the Giant. She's tiny, but she's clever. And I'm 6'7" ;p
  • I have never lost a race on Mario Cart (N64) because I turn off the console before the other play can win.
  • IcIrIs said:
    I have never lost a race on Mario Cart (N64) because I turn off the console before the other play can win.

Oooh, that's such a frustrating tactic to get hit with! I like that one.
  • I mainly try to exploit cheapy maneuvers as soon as I find them in multiplayer games until people figure things out. Like the heavy machine gun back in the BF:Vietnam before they fixed it (where it had great accuracy even as you ran), or the Icarus bombs in the Quake Wars demo. I also don't have too much of a problem with spawn camping if I've got superior firepower, but if it gets toooo boring I'll generally hang back so the game gets interesting again.

Yw
  • yuzo said:
    ........or the Icarus bombs in the Quake Wars demo.
    Yw

hehe the stroybombs on the icarus for the win :)
    Unbelievable how hard you could KEEP on r*ping that tunnel .

Oh , the stupidity ;)

Anyway - I dont do evil shit that like , plugging out controllers ,turning off TV`s and consoles.
    That`s weak 8)

The key is , always chosing opponents you know you can beat .
    No cheats required :wink:
  • in like any nhl games i would put the handicap on my side so i get the advantage or when me and my buddies were once losing to ewach other it was a team battle probly i think it was starfox on GC me and him turned off the lights and tv and console and said power outage and for a second they thought it was real
  • gwenster said:
    The key is , always chosing opponents you know you can beat .
    No cheats required :wink:

That reminds me of when I was in the third grade, for Track and Field day, I chose the biggest girl in the entire school (some 200+ lbs...in 3rd grade!) to be my partner, thinking I could smoke her at everything and be the winner.

She owned my ass at arm wrestling and tug of war. But I gave her a good run at the hurdles!!
  • I pushed someone off a ddr mat because they kept kicking me
  • Humm... Not much. I have been REALLY REALLY bad at games at for so long that I get used to losing. Because of my long history of sucking cock at games that when I lose it's never been a big deal. The only thing I've done is that when I was playing CS with some friends and I was losing really bad (like 0 and 70), I disconnected and then reconnected so my score wasn't shit. But they new my score sucked, so that wasn't really much.

Like I said, when u suck really bad for a long time, losing doesn't really matter.
  • I remember back in the day my friend and I were playing NES (can't remember the game) but I definitely hit the 'RESET' button so that he didn't win.
    The sad thing is he told his mom, and she made me go home...

Also, I definitely littered spawn points with proximity mines (think Goldeneye) but that definitely does get old when everyone turns against you.
    Last point - I remember playing killer instinct for the SNES at a birthday party and our one friend was using "Cinder" and would do his fireball move over and over (Forward Forward, A - don't ask why I remember that) but he would cheap us out so bad and win all the time using the 1 move. This tactic is the bane of my existence and I have no sympathy for the argument "well if they put it in the game, I can do it as much as I want" so I definitely beat his ass down after that cheap-ass-trick.
  • i cant stand losing so one day i through the controler out the window, landing it on the roda and breaking in to pieces, now i cant lose cause there is only 1 control now
  • Ive Kicked my Little bro in the face before when playing Halo 2 :D I get veeeery competitive....
  • Flair said:
    Ive Kicked my Little bro in the face before when playing Halo 2 :D I get veeeery competitive....

dude... thats just evil... but funny

anyways, i also usually play games that only i have experience with, such as any mario kart game and pen pen tri-icealon (one of the greatest underrated dreamcast games EVER). only one person could even pass me in pen pen. and even then, it wasnt for long.
  • Aaah! Another Pen-Pen fan! I wish there was a way for us to do battle...I can rip it up on it as well :)
  • Turbo controller on Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2.
    Special moves are often button mashing contests.
    Also, Not Versus, But stealing the Chablisk on Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicals while my friend was out of the room and letting the Miasma kill him was funny.
    I had the Life spell too, No revive for him
  • welll umm the meanest thing ive done is prolly hmm idk prolly i dont know i guess just cuss someone out but before someone told me they hope my first child is born retarted. o and also every time i beat my friend in a game he bitches and moans and makes up some excuss why he lost
  • Screen watching.constanly doing it when playing with some mates round the gaff, I would be more ashamed if it wasnt so damn effiecent.

also if i ever convince the girlfriend to play and she gets ahead then tickling is always a good option
  • nevets said:
    Screen watching.constanly doing it when playing with some mates round the gaff, I would be more ashamed if it wasnt so damn effiecent.

also if i ever convince the girlfriend to play and she gets ahead then tickling is always a good option

We have so much fun screen peaking when we play FPS on the 360 at my friends house. We all know that everyone else is doing it too, but none of us will admit it. You can sit there and watch the players eyes going up and down to the different screens.
  • Well, I can't really think of anything, maybe some screen watching.... oh wait, now I remember. There are some games where I'd kill myself (in game of course), just to take them down with me. Some really weird experiences happened to me sometimes, where I get a double kill for killing both of us? So he gets no points when he's almost got me, and I've got 2. LOL. Very few games are that buggy though, I can't even remember the specifics.

Imo, it's a lot more fun to be cheap to your teammates than your enemies. Sure, it doesn't help your score or anything like that, but in big multiplayer matches where it's a bit hard to tell each other apart.

"hey you jackass, that's me you just gibbed!"
    "oh? really, umm... sorry"

lol, eventually, they get really pissed off.

Really, there's no cheap way of fighting. I like to think of it this way: The game is packaged, and sold as a final working product. This means that any, and all elements in the game are a PART of the game. This includes bugs, glitches, cheats, you name it. If the game seems overly cheap and irritating, or something like near the end of one of the Ninja Gaidens, I think black, one of the bosses, it's possible to have the camera move directly in the opposite direction of where you are going, effectively blinding you. Most people get pissed of and curse out the game or developers, but I rather try to work with it, and accept it for what it is, and understand that the game was meant to be beatable, that means, if it's a part of the game, it's possible to work around it.

Now here's the interesting part. What is to say real life doesn't work in the same way? If it's feasible in the real world then why not do it? It seems cheap, immoral, evil? Dude, such things are extremely subjective. People aren't created equally, what's to keep you from taking the advantage any way you see fit?

But umm, in games, I rarely do anything that I would call cheap or distasteful, skill is where it's all about. And maybe exploiting is a skill :)

-MR

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week