Listener Homework: Your favourite sound
  • Some people like the power-up mushroom from the original Super Mario Brothers. Others, addicted to the Crackdown Agility Orbs.

What's the most memorable, favourite sound you've ever heard in a game? The plink of a fireball, a "sho-ryu-ken!", whatever floats your boat, mention it and discuss.

Mine is the achievement unlocked noise. So much, that it's my text message alert on my phone :3
  • I know this really isn't a sound but the victory theme of final fantasy 7. I love that sound/music and I even made a ringtone for it and it's awesome.

Anyways Cya
    TRFS
  • MGS Codec
    The 'swirl' sound after beating a boss in FF VII
    the sound when Sonic loses all his rings
  • The sound it played in Thief 3 when you got a new objective. I have no idea why, it just kind of added to the whole atmosphere in a way.
  • Gunshot/Shattering glass sound from becoming An hero in Persona 3. :L
  • The monsters disintegrating after I've decapitated them in Ninja Gaiden
  • The level up sound in WoW.

The "Shoryuken" sound in Streetfighter.

The "Finish Him" voice from Mortal Kombat.

The sound of Mario grabbing coins or Sonic grabbing rings. Those haunt me to this day.
  • "it's a me a mario" definatly classic mario lines like that

The sound in Crash Bandicoot when you collected 3 wooden voodoos and it would go "obaga"

The mario star song

victory song in ff7 "i loved when you showed the shinra guards how to do it"
  • Definitely the sound of you're car in Gran turismo 5 :P
  • Can't think of a favorite, but the sound of the Chimera when there re-charging there heaters is strangely good, it's something like "HOWYAAAHYWAh!"
  • This is really tough but the first thing that comes to mind is Mario's Triple jump in Mario 64.
    I really dig on the FF7 battle end song - another great ring tone
    I'll have to do some more thinking but that is what came to me right away.
  • The ghostly rewind sound for Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
    The sound of air-fuel/hedgehog grenades in Resistance: Fall of Man.
    The sound of the ISA secondary fire grenade launcher from Killzone.
    ...and the sound of getting a life or collectible in Crash Bandicoot :P
  • It's not my favourite, but the sound of the bullets as they flew past during the beach landing in MOH: Frontline.

oh wait i remember now, it's the opening of super mario on the gameboy - du du du du de de du[/quote]
  • The Final Fantasy 7 Boss Battle theme was sweet. Heavy metal made the fight feel so much more epic.
  • i like the achievemnets unlocked in the 360 aswell as any sound that makes me feel happy when i succeeded in a game or level
  • I don't even like the series much any more, but still love the noise of Sam Fischer turning on his night vision in Splinter Cell.

Almost all of the Star Control II sound effects, but especially the Ur-Quan launching fighters and shooting, the Druuge shot, the Pkunk resurrection, and the Arilou teleport. Oh, and the Orz *happy* *campers*!

And as already mentioned, the "achievement unlocked" sound.
  • The iconic final fantasy victory "nana na na na na nanana" tune. I often say this when I win in real life.

Remember professor oak's laboratory in pokemon snap, when you'd be picking levels? That background music has always stuck with me.

Bubble bobble main theme.

Pokemon red/blue pokemon centre music + healing tune.

Ragnarok Online prontera theme. :3 poring noise.

A perfect gear change in any gran turismo game. No set of video game tits have ever got me off as well as this sound.

And finally, the Katamari Damacy song. I'm taking that to the grave. When you and your friends sing it at school out loud and weird out a bunch of juniors, its the best thing ever. :D
  • Mine would probably have to be the little sayings that your scv's say when you select them. That and all the music from FFVII or a classic(best music every, not really a sound) but the tetris A music on gameboy.
  • "HEADSHOT" from the original UT
  • 2 words
    "MORTAL COMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • Shadowblade... any of the 8 directions...
    Megaman 3
  • The Zelda 'you found an item' noise. My phone makes that sound when I get a text.
  • therealfirestarter said:
    I know this really isn't a sound but the victory theme of final fantasy 7. I love that sound/music and I even made a ringtone for it and it's awesome.

Anyways Cya
    TRFS

Hah, that's mine too! I still sing it all the time. It's the perfect "I just beat something" noise.
  • There are some awesome sounds I've totally forgot about in this thread
  • That's easy. Best game sound effect ever.....
    [spoiler:d6f245db28]
    "Shazbot!!"

The sound byte is at 0:50 (has several variations, but that one is THE one)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh8S3fFuiAg
    [/spoiler:d6f245db28]

I certainly hope I'm not the only one who remembers this. :?
  • Sloth said:
    The iconic final fantasy victory "nana na na na na nanana" tune. I often say this when I win in real life.
    Such a great tune :D

The voices from the Worms games have always amused me, like "KAMIKAZE!" and "you'll regret that".

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion