Episode #021 - 11/28/2006
  • W00T! The first episode of NooBTooB old enough to drink, gamble, and vote!

Pickin's were mighty slim for new stuff to play, and new releases next week are looking crappy as well, but we try and make do and feature the trio of Burger King promotional Xbox 360 games.

Anyone else give these bad boys a try? What'd you think?
  • Just so you all know, I'm going to be sleeping with the lights on tonight, because I've been having King nightmares just to bring you all the latest and greatest in crappy gaming news. I hope you're happy!
  • God Europe so sucks in the (console) gaming department .
    I went by the Burger King and the underaged girl behind the counter didnt know anything about it , so I talked to the slightly over 18 manager and he said that they`ll be getting the BK games starting 2007 , so in Januari .

Its funny how console gaming we`re pretty much always behind of things but regarding PC gaming we do meet the launch dates .
    How weird is that ?

Anyway , since I cant comment on the BK games I`ll point out that Call of Duty 3 is a console only title , so Tobin wont be seeing that on the PC.
    And neither will I for that matter , I`m sticking to Call of Duty 2 on the PC for the oceasional MP .
  • Ha! I didn't get hassled at all at Burger King, they just gave me all three games with one meal.

About the Gameflix hatin': I know you all hated the Gamefly...but they seem to have really gotten their ass in gear for me. When I first signed up last year, it'd routinely take them 7-10 days for their discs to arrive. They're not quite as good as Netflix, but now they only take 2 days to arrive. Pretty good since I'm on the east coast and far from their distribution center in California.
  • misere said:

About the Gameflix hatin': I know you all hated the Gamefly...but they seem to have really gotten their ass in gear for me. When I first signed up last year, it'd routinely take them 7-10 days for their discs to arrive. They're not quite as good as Netflix, but now they only take 2 days to arrive. Pretty good since I'm on the east coast and far from their distribution center in California.

What was weird was they took 7-10 days for Tobin and I and we're both _in_ california. Not only that, we really needed to get our hands on the latest releases for the show and it was pretty much impossible to get them within a reasonable time due to shortages and shipping time.

Netflix has pretty much set the bar for disc rental so I think we'll be hard pressed to sign up for any other game rental places until they get somewhat close in performance. Until then, it'll be Blockbuster/Hollywood Video B&M rentals.

Speaking of which, we'll probably talk next episode about our experience with the all you can eat blockbuster game plan since we both just signed up for it. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week