NoobToob Street Team
  • Moley Queen said:
    I got a few more piccies to post:

My friend, on the zip wire, mid-'TooB:
    (I think she deserves a noobie for such a kewl piccie, but she hasn't joined NooBTooB.....yet :P i'll keep pestering her till she signs up :D)

...... on second thoughts..... i just noticed something.......
    [quote=Moley Queen]this is Moleys friend (she's left the room :twisted: ), what she didn't tell you is that frame is blooming high! A reliable person estimates 8m... 24 feet. :shock: :shock: Also we were followed by security around the shopping centre that Game and Tesco are in. I think they thought we were planting the b-word :shock: Or because we've already been kicked out once for throwing paper areoplanes........
    she's already on the forums, mwhahaha my work is done
    :twisted:[/quote]

*cough*
  • Sudden.. Erge to reqruit for army.. Arararaetgeg.
  • Wow, great work everyone! This is a crazy outburst of participation and getting those posters up! Moley Queen, Rav3nn, and Reaper all get noobies from me for keeping the street team going strong. Good to see people from all places doing their work for the NTA. Anyways, rock on and have fun with the posters - all your work does not go unnoticed! The numbers are definitely growing (not all due to the Street Team obviously) but it is good to see people having fun putting the posters up in ridiculous places.
    Word
  • Reaper2007 said:
    [quote=kashii][quote=Reaper2007][quote=kashii]nobbie for reaper2007 as soon as u ell us how u got em on the plane

In the city I live in Winnipeg we have a military base called 17 wing and at the entrance there are a bunch of retired planes used as display.
    So i parked my car down the street and hopped the fence and tagged one of them.
    My girlfirend snapped the pic.[/quote]

lol kewl i was hoping it would be a bit more illigeal but ill still give u a noobie.[/quote]
    Haha thanks dude, if it ups the danger level the fence was barrbed................................just not where we jumped over it. haha[/quote]

Holy Shit, I live like 45 minutes away from winnnipeg. Noobtoob Meeting in Canada :O
  • Mars said:
    [quote=Reaper2007][quote=kashii][quote=Reaper2007][quote=kashii]nobbie for reaper2007 as soon as u ell us how u got em on the plane

In the city I live in Winnipeg we have a military base called 17 wing and at the entrance there are a bunch of retired planes used as display.
    So i parked my car down the street and hopped the fence and tagged one of them.
    My girlfirend snapped the pic.[/quote]

lol kewl i was hoping it would be a bit more illigeal but ill still give u a noobie.[/quote]
    Haha thanks dude, if it ups the danger level the fence was barrbed................................just not where we jumped over it. haha[/quote]

Holy Shit, I live like 45 minutes away from winnnipeg. Noobtoob Meeting in Canada :O[/quote]
    Sweet where you at?
    We can tag together
  • MBG DIESEL said:
    tobin moley queen is a girl not a dude haha

EVERYONE IS A DUDE TO ME!

:)

Dude.

God I sound so Californian I want to kill myself. You'd never know I grew up on the east coast and went to college in Pittsburgh.
  • tobin said:
    [quote=MBG DIESEL]tobin moley queen is a girl not a dude haha

EVERYONE IS A DUDE TO ME!

:)

Dude.

God I sound so Californian I want to kill myself. You'd never know I grew up on the east coast and went to college in Pittsburgh.[/quote]

Dude, go play some California Games or something
    *Please refer to appropriate video call in*
  • Wow the street team sure did take a breather this week.
    Lets get back on it guys spread the NoobToob gospel
  • I have a chalange for all you people who work in game shops, what I want you to do is for evry over 15 game you sell hand out a noobtoob poster so this way we will get people over 15 joining noobtoob. ( Unless stupid parents are buying them for there little kids ) I will give a noobie to the first person who takes pictures of them doing this.
  • joeodell said:
    I have a chalange for all you people who work in game shops, what I want you to do is for evry over 15 game you sell hand out a noobtoob poster so this way we will get people over 15 joining noobtoob. ( Unless stupid parents are buying them for there little kids ) I will give a noobie to the first person who takes pictures of them doing this.

I'm sorry to say but I think this challenge is unrealistic and will go unanswered.
    Seeing as if there are people who work at a game store on Noob Toob their likely to get into trouble for handing out posters while working of non sponsers, plus the fact that they have to take pictures of themselves doing that makes it that much easier to get in trouble and it puts their job at risk.

I say you should re-think your challenge dude.
  • One could always bombard a game store during peak times and start handing out flyers, although I don't know what time(s) those would be. Get you and a buddy with a video camera, and make a movie out of it.

GF out
  • Farrstar said:
    One could always bombard a game store during peak times and start handing out flyers, although I don't know what time(s) those would be. Get you and a buddy with a video camera, and make a movie out of it.

GF out

I suppose that could work but i would assume that the staff would give you the boot first.
    Plus he was talking about doing it if you were a employee
  • Farrstar said:
    One could always bombard a game store during peak times and start handing out flyers, although I don't know what time(s) those would be. Get you and a buddy with a video camera, and make a movie out of it.

GF out

I suppose that could work but i would assume that the staff would give you the boot first.
    Plus he was talking about doing it if you were a employee
  • Yes but if you weren't employed there then the biggest risk you are taking is getting kicked out, not losing your job. Allllll depends on how responsible you are and how much you like your job.
  • Heres some new ones from me =D
    Well theres an election going on here in Denmark, so we decided to make a NooBTooB election poster thing :)

So it begins...

They're done!

Up they go

Thanks to Splittex here from the forums :P
  • Nice one Mekko!
    I like the idea of getting bigger and better - I think my next installment will have to be something of the 'larger' scale. I will have to see about jacking the photocopier at work so I can do some big posters blown up.
  • Great work Mekko, Noobie for you!
  • Awesome work Mekko, man, I should REALLY get around to doing this, you get so many noobies :P
  • I just got a kind of stupid idea. How about whenever you rent a game from Blockbuster or something, you put a NooBTooB poster in the case, like behind the plastic, or where the instruction manual goes, when you return the game.
  • VGmasterpeter said:
    I just got a kind of stupid idea. How about whenever you rent a game from Blockbuster or something, you put a NooBTooB poster in the case, like behind the plastic, or where the instruction manual goes, when you return the game.

that could work. it would send it right to the target audience. the only problem would be with the staff checking the boxes before they are put back onto the shelves and when you take it to the counter. if anyone works at a game rental place, they could just let those slide if they do find one. it could work, but would need some planning, speed and stealth.

or if someone is working the front desk, they can slip one in while they are checking the game, but that could be difficult too.
  • I think that is a great idea - like Brex said, the perfect target audience. I think it would definitely work if you placed the poster behind the instructions or inside them - that would make sure that the employee doesn't take it out. You could be a little more risky and put it in front of the instructions, but that comes with the threat of losing the poster because some employee sees it and takes it out.
    But I'm curious to as how many employees actually check the discs when they come back and just not refer to the computer? Anyone who works in this industry want to lend me some information?

P.S. - The street team can start thinking of some holiday themed posters that you can throw up (I still know it is early) but I just wanted to get people thinking of how much Santa likes noobtoob.
  • if tobin and yuzo dress up as santa then we can do a speical christmas card one
  • Moley Queen said:
    It's in Harlow, Essex. I don't actually live in Harlow, but I go to the college nearby, so me and my friends normally go over there for our lunchbreaks - they've got a zip wire too :P it's only small , but kewl nonetheless, and it also got 'TooBed:

My friend, on the zip wire, mid-'TooB:
    (I think she deserves a noobie for such a kewl piccie, but she hasn't joined NooBTooB.....yet :P i'll keep pestering her till she signs up :D)

Next week my college will most likely get 'TooBed too :)

This post/pic got me busted! we put a poster up in my IT building and I was showing this to a friend at college, teacher sneaks up behind. "It was you??" Turns out she took down the poster we put up. :lol: Damn our cover was blown. Or maybe it was the poster laying on the keyboard infront of us 8) (which we left there). Another teacher asked if we had lives :shock: how rude!
  • Ha! Gotta keep all the street team work on the down low. Hope you guys didn't get busted too badly :)

Has anyone had a chance to plaster a PC Lan or internet cafe yet?

Yw
  • yuzo said:
    Ha! Gotta keep all the street team work on the down low. Hope you guys didn't get busted too badly :)

Has anyone had a chance to plaster a PC Lan or internet cafe yet?

Yw

I'm on it for next week actually - it is on my to do list. It's a place by my house called "Crosshairs" and is home to the University community so it should be a good place to hit up with some posters.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week