NoobToob Street Team
  • Here is another barrage of photos for the Street Team. I don't think I will make it to a Gamestop/EB games this week so I went to the next best thing - a shoppers drug mart and Safeway (grocery store). Again - hitting up some very high traffic areas, as these two stores basically hold the monopoly for the university area. Every student or person that lives in the 5 km radius comes here.

I was buying some groceries and I thought that tons of people stare away at the magazine rack, so why not give them something better to look at? What's that in the bottom left corner? A copy of Châtelaine?
    My sister was talking to the clerk so I had to pick up a copy of VOGUE and pretend to check it out (in the most heterosexual way possible), whilst I placed a flier on top of it for everyone to enjoy. I took one for the team, as I DID have to pick up a copy of Vogue and sift through it. Good articles though...
    My sister was the accomplice this time and here she is posing outside the store Shoppers Drug Mart, I don't know what she is doing with her face. She was really excited about the poster I guess.
    Now here is the setup for the last one - while my sister is taking up the clerk's time I browse through some magazines that are at the front window. The rack is conveniently covering most of the window so it would be a pain in the ass to get behind there because it is so freakin' big and heavy, and because no one would ever check back there for $7.50 an hour (that's Canadian dollars btw, which is like $15 American or something these days ;) So I place a Noobtoob poster BEHIND the magazine (change of tactic) and make the drop behind the rack as I put the magazine back on the shelf. I thought it was SO smooth, but wait there's more.
    I went to look and see how it worked and I don't know the chances of this, but I definitely dropped the ball on this one. Very sloppy and an amateur move. I definitely dropped the flier right behind the one thing on the window that would block my poster.
    A close up of my fumble and look at the angst in my expression. I sense disappointment.
    So yeah, the Safeway magazine rack was great, but the Shoppers 'drop' was a bust. I took all this week's pictures on Monday and I'll see on Friday how they all are holding up. So far I checked today and everything is still up around Campus so the Street Team challenge is going well up here in the 51st state of Canadia.
  • i got a challenge since halloween is coming up in a week well since most people ca hand out candy and apples why dont the noobtoob community hand out little noobtoob handouts because the posters are too big and would cost a fortune because of all the ink why not print out just the noobtoob logo and when little kids come to the door we just hand them out not hard pretty simple and actually the best way to get the word out and aswell lets have a contest of est costume and house for halloween
  • Go Locke with putting up posters. I really liek the ones in the bathrooms and the shoppers drug mart. If you go to another place with magazines, you should put the posters in the magazines, that way people would notice them more!
  • MBG DIESEL said:
    i got a challenge since halloween is coming up in a week well since most people ca hand out candy and apples why dont the noobtoob community hand out little noobtoob handouts because the posters are too big and would cost a fortune because of all the ink why not print out just the noobtoob logo and when little kids come to the door we just hand them out not hard pretty simple and actually the best way to get the word out and aswell lets have a contest of est costume and house for halloween

are u crazy like we want 10 year olds goin crazy on here, i mean i dont mind if they are adult and found it through searching for gaming videos etc, but the average 10 year old is a little shit, no ofense to any ten year olds currently members, cause I got no beef with yall, you guys rock, but most trick or treaters are crazy i can imagine the flame wars now lol
  • it also depends who you give it to if you see older people at your door give them a flye or something you know it gets the word out and you never know some kids can be kinda cool but it also doenst mean their going to join the forum they can even just watch the show
  • you make a very good point!
  • I bow too your wisdom of the ages ;lol, thats actually a good idea too hand them out to parents nice idea man im so gonna do that this year
  • ok so if we just hand this out instead of handing out the whole poster and save ink and paper we just hand out the header and candy so if someone can turn it into black and white would be great

• Ill be right on this mission as soon as i can buy a printer!
  • Well heres one of my first noobtoob posters
    I put a few up at school too. Gonna try and get some pics next week :)
  • hey guys were can i find the posters

(ON the FORUM)
  • KillerWii said:
    hey guys were can i find the posters

(ON the FORUM)

you can find them on the wiki under noobtoobposters man and rember put them up anywhere

o aslwell my posters have been up for 2 weeks
  • Mekko said:
    Well heres one of my first noobtoob posters
    I put a few up at school too. Gonna try and get some pics next week :)

Nice work!
  • Yesterday I hit Oxford Street in London for some Street Team action. For those who don't know, Oxford Street is the busiest shopping street in Europe, where loads of chains have their flagship UK stores. I managed to get a flyer up inside the window for the Game:

I couldn't get at the windows for the HMV (the place where all the big console launch events in the UK take place), but I did stick a poster up on a board they had put outside:

You can see in this photo the security guard standing right behind the board. Luckily he was looking inside the store, so he didn't see me.

As it turned out, that day the HMV had an exclusive offer to be the first to play Assassin's Creed and meet Jade Raymond (which I did, I'll post about it in the appropriate thread). Attendance was massive, and the poster was still up a couple of hours later when I left, so hopefully a good number of people saw it.

I also slipped some flyers between the pages of some gamer magazines at the nearby WHSmith.

Here's a link to my blog entry about yesterday if anyone's interested.
  • Very nice, Jam :) Good job with getting the poster inside the window!
  • good work Jam Enslaver
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    Yesterday I hit Oxford Street in London for some Street Team action. For those who don't know, Oxford Street is the busiest shopping street in Europe, where loads of chains have their flagship UK stores. I managed to get a flyer up inside the window for the Game:

I couldn't get at the windows for the HMV (the place where all the big console launch events in the UK take place), but I did stick a poster up on a board they had put outside:

You can see in this photo the security guard standing right behind the board. Luckily he was looking inside the store, so he didn't see me.

As it turned out, that day the HMV had an exclusive offer to be the first to play Assassin's Creed and meet Jade Raymond (which I did, I'll post about it in the appropriate thread). Attendance was massive, and the poster was still up a couple of hours later when I left, so hopefully a good number of people saw it.

I also slipped some flyers between the pages of some gamer magazines at the nearby WHSmith.

Here's a link to my blog entry about yesterday if anyone's interested.

Yeah! Nice to see some Street Team action from the UK. Saying that, I live in the UK and still haven't gotten involved. I may try this week.
  • need camera lol, ive been putting up posters in and around my college but since i havent a camera no pics yet, but im gonna try and rent one from my college tech lab and put up some pics great work everyone i so want to be walking somewhere and see a noobtoob poster and have it be on i didnt put up, the awesomeness of having that happen would be off the charts.
  • hey as long as poster are being put up carera or not its a starting hand
  • i believe locke all of the credit for putting up posters in the bathrooms, well i belive i should get some credit because it was my idea. Im just that locke should mention that i gave him the idea
  • Ill get on this as soon as i can hook up my new printer tonight. will make a badass effort
  • KernelKool said:
    i believe locke all of the credit for putting up posters in the bathrooms, well i belive i should get some credit because it was my idea. Im just that locke should mention that i gave him the idea

Hey KernelKool, I definitely used your idea - I am going to be using most of the suggestions from the forums and the show (when possible) to do most of my street team tagging now, so we will see where it leads me.
    As for the show challenge this week? The girls' washroom Y&T? Really that may be pushing it a bit but I'll see what I can do. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings about Hanna Montana if they come on Noobtoob and get roasted by the double thumbs down.

As for Jam Enslaver, nice work man! I totally know what you are talking about because I saw Oxford street when I was on my trip to England. It definitely takes the cake for being one of the most high traffic areas the NT street team has hit. I also love that you got a poster into the window, so if that thing stays up I think you definitely get the gold star for the NT street team challenge.

Very impressed. Stay tuned for my street team challenge entry from my last set of posters.
  • Hey Noobtoob army,
    Here is my results from last week's NT street team challenge. As you may know I hit up some high traffic areas around campus and the surrounding area in Edmonton so here goes:
    This is the result of the bathrooms...I checked out the bathrooms and the freaking janitor threw them out (didn't even recycle!) in the trash on Tuesday. Why he left it until then, I am not sure but here is the aftermath of my beautiful bathroom run. I guess he didn't want to stare at your guys' faces whilst holding his dick. Maybe I will try the photoshopped Yuzo-in a bikini - picture and see if that stays up. Bathrooms fail the NT Street team challenge first:
    Freakin' hell, it seems as thought the elements got the best of the baseball diamond posters...so that one is out for the count on Thursday and the second batch of posters to come down this week.
    Alas, the southside posters on the path seem to have fallen to the likes of a graffiti artist that needed to me to "listen" (I think that is what it says) so another set of posters falls short on the last day.
    The posters inside on the poster boards stayed up all week, and I checked today and they are still there. I anticipate that they won't move for a while.
    So I felt that I should go check on the poster that I botched (see previous pictures) on Monday at the Shoppers drug mart. It was still there, as expected but it was still covered by that lame as sticker. So I figured I could redeem myself by making another drop, so I went in looking for Halloween costumes, played out the exact same scenario of taking a magazine and dropping the poster as I put the magazine back. This time I went well away from that stupid sticker, but as you can see in the picture I BOTCHED IT AGAIN...
    So there are my 2 posters sitting there for all eternity, with one upside down and another covered by some stupid window clinger. I guess that Shoppers drug mart wasn't meant to be tagged by the NT street team.
    So it seems that anything inside survived the week and anything outside couldn't handle the NT street team challenge.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week