NoobToob Street Team
  • Reaper2007 said:
    Hey Locke, how is the weather out there in Alberta?
    Its getting brutaly cold over here in winnipeg so plastering places with noobtoob posters has now become an indoor affair.
    I wish I had more time to do some Toobing but alas my work and school and girlfriend are eating up more time than a day can give me.
    Just wondering if anyone out there in the army has an ingenious way to poster outside and keep the posters protected from the elements.
    Side note on the "Entrance" sign int my school's parking lot i put up a poster on my first campaing and low and behold its still there through rain snow and very very strong winds.

Hey Reaper,
    Alberta (especially Edmonton) is shit right now. Waking up to -15 and then the wind chill pushing that close to -25 sucks balls. So I would have to agree that the outdoor postering has been slow as of late. I have been trying to brew something up to utilize all this freakin' snow. I am thinking some sort of giant NOOBTOOB snowman or something - just to catch people's attention and then have some sort of NT indication on him. The girlfriend and work also take time - but excuses aside...I believe that the opportunity will arise and the NT Street Team can strike while the iron is hot.

I've seen alot of outdoor signs around town and I think that if I slipped some posters inside them, they will be able to stand up to the weather.
    Nice work on getting that poster up at the entrance - any chance we could get another, more recent picture?
  • Locke said:
    [quote=Reaper2007]Hey Locke, how is the weather out there in Alberta?
    Its getting brutaly cold over here in winnipeg so plastering places with noobtoob posters has now become an indoor affair.
    I wish I had more time to do some Toobing but alas my work and school and girlfriend are eating up more time than a day can give me.
    Just wondering if anyone out there in the army has an ingenious way to poster outside and keep the posters protected from the elements.
    Side note on the "Entrance" sign int my school's parking lot i put up a poster on my first campaing and low and behold its still there through rain snow and very very strong winds.

Hey Reaper,
    Alberta (especially Edmonton) is shit right now. Waking up to -15 and then the wind chill pushing that close to -25 sucks balls. So I would have to agree that the outdoor postering has been slow as of late. I have been trying to brew something up to utilize all this freakin' snow. I am thinking some sort of giant NOOBTOOB snowman or something - just to catch people's attention and then have some sort of NT indication on him. The girlfriend and work also take time - but excuses aside...I believe that the opportunity will arise and the NT Street Team can strike while the iron is hot.

I've seen alot of outdoor signs around town and I think that if I slipped some posters inside them, they will be able to stand up to the weather.

Nice work on getting that poster up at the entrance - any chance we could get another, more recent picture?[/quote]

Definatly. My Girlfriend is going to bring her camera tomorrow and i'll take the pic
  • at my Jr. High i'm telling my gamer friends haven't got to make posters yet but i will. my job at a bookstore which probably won't work but whatever.
  • lol the street team is much slower right now, WINTER is the culprit, I dont leave my heated room except for class, and now that im on break I dont even do that lol, but no really I put up a couple more posters in my local coffee shop, but I once again dont have my families camera anymore so i couldnt take any pics, but the point is I hopefully everyone is keepiin the campaign going, its a endurance race not a sprint so a poster every once in a while is as good if not better than a single explosion and then never again.
  • Cridec said:
    lol the street team is much slower right now, WINTER is the culprit, I dont leave my heated room except for class, and now that im on break I dont even do that lol, but no really I put up a couple more posters in my local coffee shop, but I once again dont have my families camera anymore so i couldnt take any pics, but the point is I hopefully everyone is keepiin the campaign going, its a endurance race not a sprint so a poster every once in a while is as good if not better than a single explosion and then never again.

You hit the nail on the head Cridec - winter is kicking my ass with regards to getting posters around. That doesn't mean that you can't get them out there! If you have any snow around your area - try throwing up a Noobtoob snowman or something.
    Keep your eyes out for good/unique spot to hit up with a poster. The street team is definitely an important part of the NTA so keep up the good work.
    I predict a surge of posters after you punks are all done school, and you have some holidays to mess around with the NT street team. Get your camera out and rock those pictures - funny spots and preferably with you in the pic (which takes some teamwork on your part!)
    Again the street team is not limited to just the posters. You can contribute by letting others know about Noobtoob in person, online, and just getting people to the site and listening to the videocast!
  • I've been trying to figure out how to spell out NOOBTOOB in christmas lights, but have yet to firgure it out.
    My girlfriend is good with stuff like that, I HATE putting up lights
  • i know what you i'm the only one tall enough to reach the low roof without a ladder everyone but me in my family is like five five i'm like 6foot
  • Wow it sure has been awhile since any of us put up some content on this thread.
    I feel bad. :cry:
  • lol well i shall be tring to help out when my school opens up after winter because i can print for free :D
    so ill make a good lot of fliers and put them all over the place (hopefully ill get some photos/vid of it to show i wasnt talking through my ass)
    anyways there could be another competition held to get a nice fresh look about the whole thing (unless there was one in the middle of these forums and i didnt see :P
    anyways ill report back see if it was a gd idea ect
  • I think that a Street Team Comptetition could be just the thing to motivate people into doing some more postering.
    Perhaps in the new year after Tobin and Yuzo and the rest of us are off vacation time we can try and get something together.

What do you think Locke? Seeing as you are Team Captain.
  • I think during the winter we might be moving the street team "virtual". This is one of the main reasons behind Locke's banners and buttons contest, so keep an eye out.

Once it hits Spring I'm sure we'll get the postering back up at full steam.

Yw
  • yuzo said:
    I think during the winter we might be moving the street team "virtual". This is one of the main reasons behind Locke's banners and buttons contest, so keep an eye out.

Once it hits Spring I'm sure we'll get the postering back up at full steam.

Yw

Very true, the winter months have really put a downer on my want to go out and put up posters.
  • Manitoba is fucking cold.
  • I know that there has been minimal activity with the street team as of late, but I put the blame mostly on apathy, holidays, and the bitter cold. (I can't speak for the people outside of Canada) But don't fret I was doing some errands around town and I found some of our posters up a couple months ago.
    Here is that Shoppers that I hit a while back.
    Notice that the posters are still up after a couple months of sitting there.
    Ahhh, too bad I wasn't retarded and dropped them in like a monkey with MS flinging poo at his siblings.

So if it is any consolation the NT street team still lives, and I think it is funny that these are still up in the world. Once the snow melts and we are done with Christmas, we can get out and poster some more.

P.S. - like yuzo said I think that the Street team should start to make a shift towards something that will gather new noobtoobers. The posters are still much appreciated, but we need some more ways to get people to listen.[/img]
  • Couldnt agree more Locke.
    I'm trying to think of something that would catch peoples attention AND bring them to the site.
    I'm dry for ideas at the moment
  • im going down to a few internet cafes tomoz to give some noobtoob posters out. ill also flog em off where ever else i can find to put em
  • Chook said:
    im going down to a few internet cafes tomoz to give some noobtoob posters out. ill also flog em off where ever else i can find to put em

make sure to take pictures
  • i wasnt able to go down to my internet cafe today so i just went around the neirbourhood dropping flyers into peoples letter boxes,

• I love it Chook! Great way to get the Street Team back into the action! Noobie for you!
  • YAY

im going out tomoz to do some more, ill throw some more pics up then
  • aight so i kinda have put the street team thing into my morning walk now :P so here are some pics of wat i did today

hehe, i guess ill be going again tomoz then :P
  • i hit another 20 houses today :P

here are some pics

:D
  • I haven't put any pictures out of noobtoob, but I do work in the gaming department of Best Buy. You can bet your ass, I have let just about every customer aware of noobtoob. So, I may not be giving out visual word of noobtoob, it does come up in my conversations often.
  • shepdawg420 said:
    I haven't put any pictures out of noobtoob, but I do work in the gaming department of Best Buy. You can bet your ass, I have let just about every customer aware of noobtoob. So, I may not be giving out visual word of noobtoob, it does come up in my conversations often.

Shepdawg420, you are in the perfect market for promoting noobtoob. I find myself talking about it when I go to buy games at various stores and shops, and that is a great way to get it out there -simply by talking about it. When you are chatting with the customer it is great to hear that you are giving the site some exposure, as these are the people that are most likely to actually check out our site.
    Thanks to shepdawg420 and Chook for kicking off the new year with some awesome street team work - and it can do nothing but help our site and get people interested in it.
    Plus, I think the pictures are hilarious - still love my Master chief postering :wink:
  • Whenever I get round to playing TF2 again I've got a little spray loaded up and ready to use:

Any regular players are free to use this. Let's get the word out into the virtual world!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week