Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 10/12/18
  • Consistently failing to get anything done on this front, but whether it's end-of-year wrap-up project stuff at work, school issues with the kids, house buying/selling stuff, Christmas prep or band work eating up my time, I've frequently been asleep before I've even had a chance to pick up a controller most evenings.  Have done a little bit since my last post though.

(XB1) Doom I'm struggling to balance making reasonable progression through the game with wanting to find all the secrets, especially as those secrets are mostly designed to make you more powerful and, by extension, make things easier. I've been dragged into literal Hell itself and the game continues to look incredible and still occasionally make knowing nods to how daft the whole premise is.  I'm enjoying my time with this, but I did make the mistake of looking at a FAQ, saw how far I still have to go and I'm not going to lie, that sucked my enthusiasm out a little bit.

(XB1) FIFA 18 Needed something for late at night when I was too awake to go to bed but tired enough that I knew Doom's high-intensity shooting would be difficult and frustrating.  Back to trying to get Forest Green Rovers out of the Second division!

That's it for me.
  • Nothing for the last couple weeks and consider this my answer for the rest of December lmao
  • Pokémon Let's play go now run Pikachu Yellow. I think that's the name of the game anyway. What a fucking stupid name. It's basically Pokémon yellow with the catching system from Pokémon go (a fucking terrible system by the way). I played through Yellow over and over and over when I was a kid. 11 year old hazelnut (the artist formerly known as nutta27) would sit on his break at school battling fools and trading Pokémon. I'm about half way through now and it is scratching that nostalgia itch, like when I go to my nans for Sunday lunch. I like the game. That's what I'm trying to say.

Doom VFR I hate how it controls. It looks kinda grimy. It kinda misses the ironic fun that the actual doom held. It's still kinda fun to play. I dunno if it's just the gimmick of shooting in VR with a move controller but I feel like a boss playing this game. I look like a moron. But I feel like an absolute boss.
  • Still playing through the Uncharted series. 

Uncharted 2
    Still a fucking masterpiece nearly a decade later. Such a well paced game. I'll definitely go back and platinum this game all over again. 

Uncharted 3
    Man does this game have problems. The pacing is off, and they're too focused on the criticisms of Nathan Drake to tell a competent story. In the two previous instalments, Drake is a reluctant hero who tries to save his friends, and regularly sets aside his pride for the betterment of others. This game? Dude is basically a sociopath and we're supposed to still find him endearing. How did I not notice this the first time around?!

On top of that the game is just disjointed. There are some amazing sections that really elevate this game, such as the chase in Yemen, and the shipyard; the problem with the shipyard is that it literally has nothing to do with the story they were telling. It quite literally feels like they made the game, and then wrote the story around (because they did). They also take control out of your hands more here than they did in either one or two; which really disrupts the immersion. 

I'm not done with the game yet, but this is easily the worst playthrough I've had with this game. It's not bad, it just doesn't make sense. This game feels like it was made by the B-team, and considering they were making this at the same time they made The Last of Us; that's most likely what happened. 
  • Fallout New Vegas

I am dealing with the fact I must never buy 76 by playing a classic. Playing it on my Nvidia Shield, so the Steam version is all fixed. I cannot wait to play the DLC with normal framerates. Fixed Fallout ( insert Homer thinking about chicken sound here ). That Nvidia Shield is the best fucking thing you can hook up to a TV ( insert whatever sound Jerry makes when he gets the settings just right on his home theater system here ).

Also playing too much Commander Magic. Elesh Norn with Living Plane, I'm a dick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week