NoobToob's Week in Gaming: 11/25/18
  • For the first time in a long time I've actually been able to sit and complete some games. It's been a good feeling.

God of War(2018)
    Finally obtained the Platinum earlier this week. This game is a joy on hard, but I will never, under any circumstance, play this on "Give me God of War." That final Valkyrie had me nearly throw my controller through the television. 

Uncharted Drake's Fortune Remastered
    This was fun to go back and re-experience. The controls were a little clunky, and I hate the final boss fight, but everything else was good. I'm going to be going through the entire series so I can finally beat 4. I may or may not return to this to try and beat it on Brutal. Hard was fairly easy, and I've beaten it on crushing before, but Brutal just seems like a grind. 

How was the week for the rest of you?
  • Black Friday came around and with the pretty decent price drop on a PSVR now seemed the perfect time. I managed to pick one up with Astro Bot and VR worlds for £159. I can’t complain with that. Astro Bot I am told is the killer app for PSVR right now too so I’m pretty excited to get started on that.

As for now though I’ve just been fucking about with what games I already owned that had VR support. Rigs is surprising fun. I can’t find an online game but I’m loving the feel and set up of the offline league mode. Future sports at its best. Probably the most fun I have had so far in VR.

I’ve also dropped into Resident Evil: Biohazard. Now. Scary games do nothing to me. But add a VR headset and those jump scares fuck me up. I’m only like an hour in but I have jumped out of my skin so many times already. It’s a new sensation for me ..... I’m not sure I like it.

If you wanna talk regular games. Which I suppose I must. I have finished up Red Dead 2. The world and story is incredible. So far my favourite Rockstar game by far.

I also made a start on the next game on my list which is South Part: The Fractured But Whole. It’s funny, the combat is good. I just feel they replay the jokes a few too many times. I’m about a third of the way through but I am liking it so far. I’ll probably see it through.

Finally I picked up Dark Souls on switch, for my commute mainly. I’m not sure I have the time and patience to sink into this game again. I really want to actually finish it though. I’m ashamed I’ve played every recent from game and only finished Bloodborne.
  • Overwatch - Playing this a lot. Now that I've played Brigitte a lot, and played against her a lot, I can understand the sentiment of the 'delete Brig' campaigners. I don't think she should be deleted, but she definitely needs some nerfing. She dominates games she's in. People complain about Doomfist, at least he can be killed, and needs to be in the hands of a player with at least a little bit of game sense to be really dangerous. Brigitte is the new old Torbjorn imo. Low skill, high reward, stupidly powerful ult.

Let's Go Pikachu - Picked it up on the Switch. Believe it or not, this is my first Pokemon game. It's OK. I'm playing it with my nephew though so he's explaining everything to me. Pokemon never interested me in the past, and this game won't change that, but it's good for 1 playthru. I'm about halfway now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week