Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: The Entire Flippin' Month of October
  • Not going to lie, folks, it's been a month.  I mean, clearly, it's a been a literal month but it's also been a hell of a month.  I'll save you the details as it's just real-life shit, but it's not left much time for WiG posts.

(XB1) Forza Horizon 4 Played through the 2 week trial of Game Pass which I then allowed to roll into a month's worth of time because I was still enjoying FH4.  I kind of love this game and kind of hate it - I love the location and mix of events, the presentation and sense of fun but there are times when the cars (particularly the high-powered or drift-focused ones) are almost undriveable. 

I've played through almost all of the story-style missions and I think I'm getting towards the end of my time with it.  I downloaded Doom from the Game Pass library so will give that a go next before deciding whether to extend for another month (I mean, I've got enough games to play through as it is and I also want to get back to Forza Motorsport 7 and FIFA 18 for a bit as well).

OK, despite the month away, that's pretty much all I've got to report.  Almost feels sacrilegious to ask, but are we fussed about the ongoing existence of WiG? Do these threads still serve a purpose?  I'll keep posting 'em if people keep replying to 'em....
  • (Xbox One) Read Dead Redemption 2 - Took me a while to get into it. I think I am at the start of chapter 3 and just doing the odd mission here or there.

(PC) Football Manager 2019 - Just started this up and played 1 friendly pre-season warm up game but I'm liking the changes they made to tactics as it seems far better at setting up what to do when your team is in transition.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 - I'm not a big fan of Rockstar games. I find GTA boring and was only mildly interested in RDR1, so I wasn't particularly hype about RDR2. I haven't played much of it yet but what I have has been really good. The entire start felt like I was playing through Tarantino's Hateful Eight, which is such a good thing. The snowed in vibe and the homestead taken over by a gang. Loved it. Best Rockstar game to date by far for me. 

Overwatch - Still in solo-queue Hell. Ranked pisses me off so much, but I'm going to get a golden gun. Come Hell or high water.

Black Ops 4 - Still enjoying it. Still surprised that I'm enjoying it too.

Garden Warfare - A friend very late to the party got this on PS3 so we're trying to plat it even though the servers are a ghost town. 

Brink - Same as above. 
  • God of War (2018)
    Just grinding through the trials and getting all the mist so I can defeat the remaining Valkyries. I'm near the end of the game, and want to beat it and get the Platinum at the same time. 

I've gushed about this game a couple times, but I do have on major complaint: no difficulty based trophies. I went into this on hard thinking I'll get most of the difficulty based trophies for the game, and then found out there were no trophies for difficulty. I'm not going to adjust the difficulty as I'm so close to the end; but it's quite frustrating to know that these trophies can all be obtained regardless of a player's skill level. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week