Noobtoob's Week in Gaming: 27/08/18
  • There was a family holiday in South Wales somewhere in the intervening 2 weeks since the last WiG. Honestly, sitting here at my desk, I'm struggling to remember it.

(PS3) Gran Turismo 6

(PS3) Transformers Devastation

(PS3) Hell Divers

(XB1) Minecraft

Thoughts on all of those (plus I should probably wrap up on Syndicate too) once I have more than five minutes to myself (endless laughter).  As for the rest of you - you're all playing Dead Cells aren't you? I really want to play Dead Cells.
  • Dead Cells looks too hard for night gaming.

I’m still playing Octopath Traveler. I grind on my commute and then explore around at night. It’s a very good JRPG. Nothing special, but all the edges are well rounded. Very happy playing it.
  • No Dead Cells here. It looks OK, but I'm tired of 2D-platforming Dark Souls clones. Maybe one day.

I've been playing a whole lot of Overwatch, and got the new D-Va skin on both systems.The news has been going crazy about Belgium banning loot boxes, but I've not seen a word about Japan doing it. I noticed that all loot box purchasing options on my PSN were gone, but still there for my Australian and US accounts. Blizzard is going to have to find another way to scam their user base. I would prefer all skins going forward be obtainable by completing in-game challenges like the new Nano D-Va, or instead of getting useless sprays with your trophies, give skins instead. 

Gears 4 - Played a few rounds of Horde as usual. 

Also in the news is firmware update 6.0 for PS4 which is in beta now. People are raving about Sony finally giving us the ability to change our usernames (I wonder if that privilege will involve paying for it like M$ does on Xbox?) but I care not about this. What I'm more interested in is the talk that 6.0 will change the save system to something similar to M$, so saves will be in the cloud and no longer able to be transferred to usb. Fuck this. This is one of the big problems I have with the Bone. I want MY saves on MY system where I can back them up anytime I want, without having to be online and reliant on Sony's shit. If Sony go this way, I may cancel my PS+ subscription and stick with the 5.55 firmware. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week